it's not summer, remember?

dear friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March 4, 2013

Sunshine Café

 

I trailed behind Suzy as we entered a small but cozy café. At the corner of the coffee shop, two other girls, wearing the same uniform as we do, sit together with a cup of coffee in each hands and suppressed giggles in their throats. The girl facing towards our direction waved at us shortly. She was smiling so widely and brightly like she’s training to be Miss Congeniality of the whole world, her eyes were slightly curved at the tip which made her even lovelier. Her eyes moved from Suzy then to me, a stranger who she does not expect to come to them, but her smile did not falter a bit. Just like Suzy, she had this friendly aura in her which made me smile back, too.

We approached them shortly. The other one, who sat across the first girl, has long jet black hair that runs down her shoulders; the side of it mostly covers her face just like what you would see in horror movies. But when she looked up and tucked her hair behind her ears, a beauty appeared in front of me. You’d never guess she was this damn pretty not until you actually looked at her without her hair covering most of her face that you’d only get to see her lips.

“Jiyeon, Krystal.” Suzy pointed each of them before she turned to me, her arm around my shoulders, “This is Choi Jinri. My new classmate. You can call her Sulli. She loves cats and anything cute. She’s our new friend.”

Jiyeon giggled before she turned to look at me and offered the seat beside her, “Hello, Sulli. I hope we can be friends?”

“Uhm. Sure.” I replied shortly, coming over to the seat beside her with a smile.

“Well, our history obviously spaced out for like an hour.” I could hear Suzy answering Krystal when she asked her why we came in late. The two of them stood up and went to order some snacks.

“So you are the new girl the school has been talking about?” Jiyeon said, sipping her coffee right after.

“Yes. The girl who came from the province and talks with an accent? Right.” I told her.

 Suzy  told me earlier during lunch that the reason why the whole class started to laugh at my introduction was because of my accent. She said that people in school usually makes fun of those students with accents. She assured me though that it will just pass, that people in class would eventually forget about my introduction during the first day, that I would be able to adapt quickly if I am going to take her advices seriously. Suzy gave me a lot since this morning and I learned a lot of things. One thing I learned: never use this sweatshirt on our high school uniform because it would just attract more bullies.

“Don’t worry, Sulli. We are going to help you adjust.” Jiyeon assured me.

But then Jiyeon’s smile turned into a frown after a swift second. She stared behind me so seriously that I thought she’s going to eat… whatever she was looking at.  As I was curious what on earth had made this friendly kiddo turn into something else, I slowly looked behind me and saw a tall guy outside the café, making figures at the glass that separated us from him.

He was holding a bouquet of flowers and chocolates in one hand while his other hand was busy moving, trying to tell something, out of thin air.

I looked at her and Jiyeon caught my eyes , “Park Chanyeol. He’s my boyfriend who forgot that today is our 100th Day as a couple. Sweet.”

Jiyeon sighed as she looked at her coffee with less interest. “Do you think  I should talk to him right now?”

I tried to find a more interesting answer than “Sure. You should.” But nothing else entered my mind.

She just shrugged and said, “Okay.”

Jiyeon stood up with an exhausted sigh just in time as Suzy and Krystal arrived with two cups of coffees and a tray of cake.

Krystal sat on her original seat and said, “They are going to fight again, for sure.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter