to my dear friends

dear friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It wasn’t long when I first started this novel I am writing right now. My main character is named Lucille and she has magic powers. And since I don’t want to spoil you I guess it’s better to say she is an orphan and end it here.

Well, the thing in writing your own stories is that you need patience. Building up your character is one thing. Making good progress with your plot is another. I am a patient person. I really am. But there were times when I feel like wanting to finish my story in one go and reveal everything in one shot. That’s not a pretty good trait for one who wants to become a published writer in the future, isn’t it?

It was already eleven in the evening. I am finally done with my English paper and finished writing the ninth chapter of my novel. I’m tired and sleepy and I so wanted to sleep on my bed right now…

 

 

2023.

“Well, it’s not easy. Having the inspiration to write is the hardest part. I went through writer’s block for a year and it was the worst.” I told them.

Sulli and Krystal were reading a part of my final manuscript for my third book hopefully to be published before this year ends. I could feel my cheeks blushing as I see them, running their fingers through every page. I am a published writer and yet I still feel embarrassed when someone—even my husband or my friends are actually reading them.

“Hey, you skipped the best part.” I told them, turning the pages backward until I, we, finally see it.

I smiled to myself as they read: “To my dear frieds: Suzy, Krystal, and Sulli.”

 

 

“Happy birthday!” All three of them greeted me in unison, Sulli holding my birthday cake with lighted candles on it, Suzy cracking the party popper as confetti fly everywhere and Krystal, our princess Jung, smiling so brightly with a birthday present in hand ( as if preparing all these isn’t enough). And then they started singing the traditional and obligatory birthday song. “Happy birthday to you,” I could hear Suzy’s voice cracking up at the first note, “Happy birthday to you,” Krystal noticed and nudged her by the elbow, “Happy birthday, Happy birthday” My friends were here, for my birthday, for me “Happy birthday, Jiyeon!” But he’s not here. Where is he?

Sulli pushed the cake forward until it was finally in front of me. “Happy birthday, Jiyeon!” she greeted again. But Chanyeol’s not here.

“Make your wish! Make your wish!” Suzy demanded, her eyes gleaming with the beautiful candle lights.

I closed my eyes (and heard Krystal’s giggles in the background).

It’s only probably a few minutes before midnight (i am in my pajamas already and we're outside our house, out in the cold, and i blame them for surprsing me like this), the girls ignored me for the rest of the day. I thought they were mad at me. I thought there was something wrong and it made me feel upset because it could have happened at any other day not just on my birthday. Bad timing.

But then everything else was just a show, it turned out. (And I am going to kill them tomorrow for this).

I hope Chanyeol forgetting my birthday, not greeting me even in text, was also a show.

I hope tomorrow everything would be fine.

I opened my eyes, realizing after that I almost tear up, and finally blew my birthday candles.

 

 

“I’m really sorry—“ That was only enough for me to know.

I turned my back until everything else were blurred—his voice, his words, his excuses— because I am so ing tired of him explaining, apologizing; and then, my vision started blurring up as well, as tears started to well up in my eyes.

 

 

Sulli brought some mallows (Krystal’s favorite) today at the café. Krystal and I arrived a few minutes earlier than her, we were just talking (i want to forget my worries and problems away even just for a few hours because i know later in the night it will come to me like a ghost) about the final theme we had chosen last time—

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter