first love

dear friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

x | x | x

 

 

 

March 14, 2013

Sunshine Café

 

More than a week had passed by. I was starting to finally adjust to the environment. Of course, Seoul is too far different from home. More buildings. Less mountains. It is exactly what I used to see in the magazine I borrowed from my previous school last Christmas.

But I was still not used with the food that I eat in school. I missed homemade food and even root crops and fresh fruits I used to pick myself in our yard. Or our neighbor’s yard. Everything I eat here was in plastic. Ready made. And less appetizing. I loved the coffees though. I ordered Espresso Romano this time aside from the iced coffee that I usually have. Coming here actually costs me a lot. And not to mention that I come here with my friends Suzy, Jiyeon, and Krsytal every day, right after our classes. We usually spend more or less than two hours in this café, at the very same spot, to talk about random things, about school or boys, just anything. Sometimes, we do our assignments when we’re bombarded with academics related stuff by our teachers. I started to enjoy their company as the days go by. They always try their best not to box me out of their conversations by talking about things the they did before I got here (which is inevitable because they are best friends since the start of high school), and talk things in present tense instead. I could see that they are trying their best to make me feel that I am part of the group, that I am not out of place. And I thought it was sweet.

“So, does he like you back?” Jiyeon excitedly asked. I could even see that Krystal was also curious as what I would say next, as her eyes left her written notes and me.

After a week of keeping it to myself, I told them about Lee Taemin (though I’m pretty sure Suzy would get mad at me for sharing it without her. Suzy was out for today because she’s going to have dinner with her father as requested). 

I told them that he was my ‘summer’ best friend, that we have known each other ever since we were born or even when we were still in our mothers' bellies. I told them that there’s no single summer that our families spend without each other (except for last summer, just that summer). I also told them how his mother adores me, and how his older sister hates me as much. I even told them about the tiny crush I had on him and the stupid mistake that I did by confessing my feelings for him three years ago.

But I didn’t get into the details. They didn’t mind. I’m not the type to share details in conversations I am engaged in. I don’t want to share the exact things, the exact feeling or emotion in my memories. I wanted to keep the details and the emotions to myself. At least I have something that only I can enjoy. Or feel the hurt.

“No.”

I noticed how Jiyeon’s hopeful smile turns into a pout. It almost made me smile as to how quick her expression changes.

“He .” Krystal stated shortly, leaning back against her chair to continue reading her Trig notes.

“But you still like him?” Jiyeon asked.

“Of course, she still likes him.” Krystal answered fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter