(Jiyeon) too much to ask

dear friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 17, 2013

High School, Third Grade

 

The quarter exams almost the whole of us—tormenting even the very deep of our soul. It wasn’t nice. It wasn’t sweet. As a matter of fact, it was bitter—like tasting a cup of plain coffee which really tasted awful and metal. I hate those—soulless coffees, I mean. Well, as much as I hate seeing highlighted texts in poor books (I could feel the books hurting, crying for help as part of its precious body was colored, highlighted in different shades, carelessly now by its horrible users.)

“You are sulking. You missed an item?”

I was slightly surprised when Krystal talked to me. It was as if I was worlds away from her for a second and now, I’m here—helpless, thinking I missed something important with my absence.

“Not really.” I told her.

But right now all I wanted to do is to read my favorite book, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I love everything about this book and it always makes me feel better.

Our professor dismissed us a few moments later. Everyone shot up and walked straight out of this four- walled prison like brain torture arena. Krystal and I squeezed our way out, talking about the exam we last took which was Physics, comparing our answers with each other to questions we could still recall (Krystal could actually recite 80%, and even the rest of it if she liked to, for real, while I my self could only remember 20% or less. I’m telling you, things I learned in school registers in my brain quickly that even Krystal was amazed at this, telling me I’m the fastest learner she ever met in her life. But the thing is, it quickly goes away, too. It just come and go. (It’s a sad thing, right? Like how the feeling of attraction that we felt towards a person seems so real for a second until it slowly fades away. But we still think that we still feel the same way when in reality we’re not. It is the illusion of attraction and falling in love and being in love that we feel, too different from what we originally have felt. And when we realize it, it’s already gone.) That’s why I spend half of the time at home reading my notes and praying them to just stay at it is or else I’ll surely get the answers wrong if ever our teacher gives a quiz on them the next them; and the other half, well, I spend the rest of my time reading novels and even surfing the net to check book reviews or make some of them if I have the luxury of the time.)

I felt awful at the moment, though, now that I knew I got two items wrong. I wanted to ace my exams, all of them if possible and rank second in class (Krystal will always be number one, ever since. The highest I ever got was the third rank.) I wanted to ace all of my exams and prove to everyone that having a boyfriend is not a disadvantage to me. Not with what they were thinking. I wanted to prove to them that getting myself a boyfriend is not going to affect my studies, that having Chanyeol in my life is not a bad thing. He is the best thing that ever happened to me that’s why even though it sounded cliché, I really, really wanted to prove them that.

We passed through Suzy and Sulli’s classroom ( as usual, since we always go together at the café) but the room was empty and everyone was gone and disappointed us. The walk to the café were more fun when the four of us are together, entering the café together was the best. Not that I don’t like being with Krystal’s company only getting there. It’s not like that. Not ever. Krystal is one of the sweetest person I know and I love her.

Krystal and I decided to move on and head out. Maybe they were dismissed early and chose to wait for us at the café instead.

But we were wrong.

The hallway towards the library was empty—Krystal and I needed to return some references we used, our deadline due tomorrow—except for two familiar figures. Krystal and I shot glances at each other as the figures appeared to be Taemin and our dear friend, Sulli.

I swear to God w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter