romeo and juliet

dear friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

May 4, 2013

Sunshine Café

 

Today is a Saturday. We rarely go out on weekends. Most of the times, we just stay at our own homes to catch up things with our families or watch tv on boring days or just stay in bed. Jiyeon would sometimes come over to my house to talk about the romance novel she’s writing—she just started last summer, she told me one time—with popcorns and banana shakes in front of us. Krystal would sometimes invite me to go the public library with her, to study together but most of the times we just actually chat about things. And sometimes Suzy would ask me to go shopping with her (when her shopping buddy Jiyeon got else to do)—I could even still remember the first time I went with her, and the surprised expression I was wearing as I witnessed Suzy buying a pair of shoes that costs as much as what my mother receives a month.

You see, we never spend our weekends together because, well, each of us has things to do. But today is an exception. As early as eight in the morning, we decided to meet at the usual place, at the usual spot, at the usual table.

Krystal was already in our usual place when I entered the café, thick books in my arms and my stuffed bag behind me. Suzy was the one who initiated this, for us to study together for the upcoming quarter exams next week. Krystal immediately agreed, telling us she would just need to study ahead of our study date since group studies usually do not work for her. Jiyeon said it would be fun, studying together with some chats and gossips in between (I remember Krystal, shaking her head that time with a smile). It was fine to me and I did think it’s good at least I can ask help from them when there are topics I wasn’t able to fully understand.

Her nose was on her Advanced Chemistry book when I came over, putting my books down with a small thump on the glassed table. Krystal looked up and greeted me with a smile, “Hey.”

“I haven’t started on History and Trigonometry yet.” I complained as I took my seat beside Krystal, immediately opening my history book.

“You can use my book if you want. I already put highlights on the important parts and wrote some notes by the margins.” Krystal offered, her eyes now focused on the book in front of her.

“Thank you.” I looked over the stack of books in front of her and grabbed her history book towards me. My eyes instantly fell at the highlighted texts in her books as well as the neatly scribbled notes at the margins as I flipped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter