(sulli) and anything cute

dear friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My name is Choi Jinri. I’m already nineteen years old. I love cats and anything cute. I hope you are going to take care of me.

 

March 4, 2013

High School, third grade

 

I remembered clutching my skirt in nervousness as a bunch of students stared back at me. There was a big lump in my throat that nearly choked me in front of my new classmates, in my new school. I came from the province, too far from here in Seoul. I rarely see trees around the apartment me and my mum live in, and I think it’s sad because I’d surely miss climbing them in one of my free times here. I don’t know what to do.

“Stop laughing!” my new teacher, Miss Lin, snapped. She was tall and really pretty. Her eyes were actually green and she wore make-up that emphasized her high cheekbones even more.

It was not until then that I realized they were laughing at me. Maybe they erupted after I gave my introduction (but I don’t think that’s the reason since I think I did well on that) or maybe because I looked awkward as I stand in front of them or maybe because….

“Please, take the vacant seat at the back, Miss Choi.”

“Yes, ma’am.” I almost whispered, dragging one foot forward at a time. Making sure I’d never step on anything—a ballpen or a banana peel—that would embarrass myself even more.

The snickers slowly stopped as I reached my seat.

I was looking straight. I can’t feel my hands or my legs. I’m not sure if I’m still holding my bag or if I already put it at the side.

I couldn’t hear anything but I could see Miss Lin’s mouth moving. She looked pretty up there, with confidence and a certain look on her face. I wondered how bad I looked like a few minutes earlier. Or was it an hour?

“Hey. Jinri, right?” I blinked twice. The girl in front of me looked at me straight in the eyes. She was smiling like an angel. Her hair reached at her elbows and her bangs covered most of her forehead, and she looked pretty. She is pretty even without the make-up and the red lip stick that our teacher was wearing.

“Yeah. You can call me Sulli though.” I managed to speak back with a smile.

“I’m Suzy. Bae Suzy. I don’t like cats but anything cute will do.” She laughed, “Anyway, let’s be friends, okay?” She held out her hands in front of me and I looked at it for a second. I was about to take it when she retreated.

“I’m just kidding. Who the hell does that in the 21st century?”

“Uhm.. maybe the school head as he gives our certificates on graduation?”

Suzy stared at me for a few moments before she burst out laughing.

I was unaware on what to do so after a few moments, I laughed with her, too.

“You’re so cute, Sulli.”

 

 

x|x|x

 

 

Suzy and Jiyeon arrived with their arms linked together, giggling as usual. They are the best of friends since we-don’t-know-when.

Bae Suzy was wearing a black dress which showed off a bit of her skin. For a second, I examined myself and realized Suzy had stayed in shape even after all these years. Her skin was milky white as usual. And her hair was pret

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter