My life in States

Hard to Get

Amber’s POV

 

Red: English

 

 

 

Uncle: Welcome home!

Amber: Thanks Uncle.

Uncle: So this is your house. If you’re not comfortable with it I can find some house for you if you want.

Amber: No uncle, its okay. This is so perfect.

Uncle: Okay. Ahh I already arrange your papers here. The start of school classes here is on September. I enrolled you as 3rd year college and here’s your schedule.

 

After he gave me my schedule, he bid his goodbye. While I’m walking around the house I spotted someone in the garage. I silently walked to her and she quickly turned around.

 

Old lady: Oh hi mister. You must be Amber. Good Morning.

Amber: Good Morning too. How did you know my name and why are you here? (I asked in a confused look)

Old lady: I’m your maid.

Amber: My maid? But you’re too old to be my maid and with this super big house. Do you have any someone with you?

Old lady: (Laugh) Actually I’m already your maid since your 4 years old, I’m your personal maid. I’m a Liu’s maid since your Dad is 12 years old but when your family went back to Korea, your dad told me stay here in States so I can still take care of this house. This house is for you. Your dad built this house for you before he died. He said he hope you will love this house.

Amber: I envy you. You knew my Dad so long. Me, Mom told me when he died I’m only 5 years old so I cant remember his face. And don’t worry I really love this house. This is super incredible and awesome. Ahhh can I know your name? Cause I really can’t remember you.

Old lady: Just call me Nana. You used to call me Nana before.

Amber: That’s a nice name for you Nana. Ahh I’m going outside first. I’ll just walk around and buy some clothes. I’ll be back before dinner. If uncle comes here just tell him I went outside to stroll.

Nana: Okay sir.

Amber: Nana.

Nana: Yes sir??

Amber: Don’t call me sir. Just call me Amber. I’m not comfortable with sir so just call me by my name.

Nana: Okay Amber.

 

I walked around the streets and thinking something or maybe someone. I went here in states so I can forget all the heart broken in Korea. I wanna forget Suzy and all what she did to me. I wanna focus on my studies here. Maybe next year I’ll go back to Korea and face everything without any doubts in my heart. And I also want to say sorry to Krystal. I know I hurt her for saying some hurt words to her and I really regret it. I hope she can forgive me someday.

 

For what have I done through this broken days, I realized that I must not show my weakness to everyone. I also must not choose a one sided love.

 

September comes and School classes will start……

 

Nana: Amber….  (Knocking)

Amber: Nanaaaaaaa…… Its so early…

Nana: Today is your first day of school so get up! Or else I’ll call your uncle!

Amber: Okay Nana.. I’ll get up.

 

Uncle don’t want me to wake up so late cause he said Dad and him never wake up late so I must do what they did before or else he’ll let me work to his company. Actually Uncle is so nice and kind to me. He just didn’t want me to cause any trouble and I must do whatever he says. He also recommended me to run his company cause he doesn’t have son. But I refuse, cause I wanna do whatever I want but I told him I’m still thinking of it. He has 2 daughters. Anne and Kristine. Anne is 4 years older than me and Kristine is 2 years younger than me. Anne is a model now and she’s also managing a shop in the Beverly Hills. She treats me like his own brother, she always smacks me off if I’m going home so late or I did something terrible but she is my secret keeper. She never tells to his dad whatever I did that can cause me many troubles. Like the other day when I’m so drunk and I cause trouble in the bar. All these days my life here is always drinking, clubbing and anything.

 

Flashback…… In the bar…

 

Anne: WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!! Your always making troubles. You know if you keep doing this I will really tell dad what you did.

Amber: Anne, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.

Anne: Is this about her? Is this why are you drinking again? That ing Suzy!! That !! Please Amber stop thinking her. Focus on what you are now. MOVE ON!!!

Amber: Would you please stop shouting (I said in a calm tone and lowered my head) My head hurts and my heart..

Anne: Okay Amber, I’ll calm down but please stop doing this to yourself. Stop drinking and cause trouble, classes will start focus on that.

 

I really owe her. She’s like my sister. After what we talked I think I’ll change little by little and I know she’ll help me with it. And now this my cute cousin that always makes my day happy Kristine. This girl always come to my house just to join her in her shopping. She said she always want a older brother to protect her.

 

Flashback……. In the mall…..

 

Kristine: Amber, can you please not leave after one year.

Amber: But why?

Kristine: Cause when you leave no one will protect me.

Amber: Kristine, your getting older you must know how to protect yourself. Not every day me or your sister is always here beside you. And besides when I go back to Korea you can always call me if something is going on here.

Kristine: Just promise me whenever you are you’ll always come to me if someone hurt me okay.

Amber: I promise that and I will never break my promise. (She hugged me)

Kristine: I love you Amber.

Amber: You know I’ll always love you, you little stubborn girl.

 

Anne and Kristine always saying ‘I love you’ to me and nothing is wrong with it cause we’re cousins but we treat each other like siblings. Kristine always kissing me in the cheek when saying our goodbyes.  I remember when we’re walking in the mall and she saw her friends, she kissed me in the cheek and she said I love you to me. And her friends are like in an Is-that-your-boyfriend look. I just laugh when I leave them.

 

Okay no more Flashbacks… lets continue in the reality….

 

After 30 minutes…. In the bathroom….

 

Amber: Nana!! Nana!! Where are you?!

Nana: I’m here in the kitchen!!

Amber: Nana, did you see my wallet? I cant find it.

Nana: Yes, it in your drawer in the first one.

Amber: Okay thanks Nana. And by the way Nana, don’t you ever trick me by saying Uncle’s name. Its just he’s freaking me out.

Nana: Okay, you little coward. (Laughing)

 

School….. I’m riding my red BMW motor

 

When I got in the school and took off my helmet, all the girls are looking at me and some are like shocked when they saw me.

 

Girl 1: Who’s that? He’s so cute. (Giggling)

Girl 2: He’s not cute, he’s so handsome. (Screaming)

 

Girl 3: Oh my gosh, Who’s that! (She pointed at me)

Girl 4: He’s so y! (Giggling)

 

I just walked through pass to them and didn’t mind them. While I’m walking in the corridor still all the girls are looking at me and chatting something. It’s really annoying actually.

 

Kristine: AMBER!!!!!!!!!!

 

I turned around who’s calling me and I spotted Kristine running towards me. She jumped through me and hugged me.

 

Girl 5: Is that his girlfriend?

Girl 6: I hope she’s not.

 

Kristine broke our hugged and stared at the girl and glare at her.

 

Kristine: Yes!! He’s my boyfriend. Is there something wrong? Do you want to snatch my boyfriend? Do it or I’ll tear you into pieces.

Amber: Stop it babe come on. (Giggling)

 

We laugh when we leave the two girl dumbfounded.

 

Amber: I told you not to cause trouble right.

Kristine: But that two girl is annoying me. Their talking about us.

Amber: Just don’t mind them. By the way, how did you found me?

Kristine: All the students are talking about you.

Amber: HUH?? About me? But how? I just got here.

Kristine: Well, when I got into my classroom all the students especially the girls are gossiping. And when I joined them they said there’s a y, hot and handsome guy just got into this school. They said he’s riding a red BMW motor. And I knew you have a red BMW motor and you are also in this school so I run where all the girls are looking. And I spotted you.

Amber: Ahhh. Okay. Come I’ll walked with you to your classroom. Maybe your class will start. I have to go to the Deans Office after.

Kristine: No, I’ll just walked by myself. I have something to go first.

Amber: Ahhh, okay. So bye. Be careful okay. See you later.

Kristine: Bye, see you later. By the way!!! STOP FLIRTING!!! Krystal is the only one you can flirt okay!!!