Perfection

Seventeen

 

Hwajae grumbles as she tried to pick up her papers. The school classes are all dark already and the hallways are really quiet because the clock had shown a 7 pm time. She got an extra class today and she walked out lastly that her friends had all left the building, leaving her alone.

Well it’s not like she’s scared of the quiet and dark scene, and it’s not like her school is one of the haunted schools in the movies anyway. But walking home alone at night plus how you need to pick up your falling papers in the dark hallway is really something to be feared about.

As soon as she picked all of the papers, without putting it back to her file folder, she just walk quickly out of the school building. No matter how hard she tried to tell herself that nothing would popped out of nowhere like how ghosts do, she still feels some chills running down her spine everytime some noises heard.

Come on, Hwajae! You’re a half-Blood! You’re not suppose to be scared of ghosts!

Taking deep calm breath, Hwajae tried to open the door out of the building. The fact that she’s holding some papers and how creepier the atmosphere gets is actually making it harder for her to open it and run outside. The security seemed to not know it that there’s still someone inside that they put the padlocks on already. Not locking it, but it’s still blocking her way out.

“Do you need any help?”

“Oh my!” Hwajae screamed in horror and dropped all her papers again “What the hell, Mingyu! You scared me to death, damn it”

“Yeah? Can you be dead again when you’re already a Half-Blood, Hwajae?” Mingyu chuckled and helped her pick up the papers. He showed her his long fangs that she had always admired about but just that afternoon, she saw a more mesmerizing smile than that. Hansol’s smile.

“Well being a Half-Blood doesn’t mean that I’m dead already. I’m just.. Half-dead”

Mingyu chuckled, “Yeah right”

“What are you doing here, anyway? It’s late already” Hwajae said as he exited the door. Thanks to Mingyu who became a gentleman and opened the door for him.

“I just.. You know, needed some time alone on the rooftop”

“Rooftop? Why would you want to spend time there when you have your own rooftop at home?”

“Well school’s rooftop has it’s own special aura, okay? Don’t blame me” Mingyu said and chuckled.

Lord knows how happy he is to can finally spend some time alone with her. They hasn’t got any private time because of her new hobby of sticking herself to Hansol, and now that he got the chance to actually talk to her, he won’t want to miss a thing.

“Let me help you with that” Mingyu said and take the papers away from Hwajae.

“Oh yeah, forgot how strong you are” Hwajae chuckled and poked his arms.

There’s a lot of things about me that you’re forgetting, Hwajae..

Mingyu smiled at Hwajae and continued his walking. The roads are not that quiet but it would still be creepy for a girl like Hwajae to walk home alone. Like come on, vampires do have road crimes, okay?

“So, how have you been, soon-to-be-Sire of the Haven? I haven’t heard much from you lately”

Yeah, how can you hear much about me when all you see and hear is that Hansol kid?

“It’s fine, I think. A bit busy with all of these Sire thing and school projects but I can still manage it somehow” Mingyu said “How about you? I haven’t heard much from you either.. Are you really that busy?”

Hwajae frowned, “Not really, but the student council is going to held some event so I need to work on some things for it”

“Oh, is it why you’re coming home late, tonight?”

“Yeah.. But I also have some classes to attend. You know, lacking in grades and all..”

“You? Lack in grades? Get out” Mingyu said with an unbelieved face.

“What? I’m not that smart, okay? A person like me can still have some failing classes” Hwajae frowned “And it’s not a crime, so don’t give me that look”

“I didn’t say it was a crime. It’s just weird to see you have some failing classes. I mean, you’ve always been the top student as long as I can remember, then how come you got failing classes now?”

Hwajae chuckled, “I don’t know. Maybe I need to cut down my time playing around with Hansol and focus on my study”

The smile on Mingyu’s face disappear as Hwajae mentioned his name. Just when he thought he got the chance to be close to her again, that name has to appear and break down the mood. Can’t he just have a moment with her withouth having to remember that that kid actually exist?

On the other hand, Hwajae realized that Mingyu was a bit surprise as she mentioned Hansol’s name and somehow, she felt guilty about it. Maybe mentioning his name was such a bad idea after all..

“Mingyu, I think-..”

“So how’s Hansol?” Mingyu cut in. He faked a smile and stared at Hwajae who’s looking really confuse about the atmosphere “How is he? Can he follow up with the school and stuff?”

“Oh um.. Yeah.. I think he’s doing fine at school”

“Great.. And your parents? What did he say about him?”

Hwajae sighed, “Mom had always been fine with a new family member but Dad was a bit tough. He still accepts him in the end, so..”

“Oh, okay.. Glad to hear that” Mingyu smiled.

The two then reminds quiet. The way back to their home feels like the longest journey ever. Mingyu actually wanted this moment to last long but after the mentioning of Hansol’s name, he just don’t have the feeling anymore. Maybe that day was really not his day.

As much as he hates it to hear Hansol’s name, he just have the urge to ask about him more to Hwajae. What does he actually has that make it seem like he’s lost over him? What does he actually do to get all of Hwajae’s attention? What does he actually show that makes Hwajae interested on him?

“So.. I’ve seen you guys spend a lot of times together nowadays..” Mingyu said, breaking down the silence when he’s actually breaking his ownself “Do you guys share a lot of similarities or what?”

“Not really I think.. He likes sport, and you know I’ve never been good in that subject even when it’s just a human sport” Hwajae frowned “He has a big passion in dance and rap when I can only hum to songs”

“Oh, come on! You have a good voice, I’ve heard you sing before”

“Yeah, that’s just because the music people edited the microphone and stuffs”

“Please, I don’t think that’s even possible in our school” Mingyu chuckled.

“Yeah, but you should’ve hear Hansol sings! That boy is a complete package. He sings, raps, and dance! Name one activity and dare him to do it. I bet it’s going to turn just perfect” Hwajae said with twinkling eyes, feeling really proud of Hansol “Well his voice might not be the best talent he got, but it’s still good”

Mingyu bitterly smiled at her who keeps on talking about Hansol’s talents. He’s happy to know that Hwajae actually feels comfortable with this new kid and be friend with him, but the feeling of disappointment and lost seem to fill his heart better.

I can rap and dance too, don’t it count anything for you, Hwajae? Mingyu thought. If you want to compare Hansol and Mingyu, in any ways, Mingyu would definitely win. He’s the most perfect vampire of the century after all. But then again, it feels like Hwajae’s eyes are covered by Hansol’s shine that she can’t realize that Mingyu is a no far different person than Hansol in this way.

“And do you know that-..”

“Okay I think I know enough” Mingyu said with a half-hearted laugh “Do you really find him that interesting?”

“Um, yeah I think so” she shrugged “But seriously, though. Hansol is a real perfection kind of kid. He can basically do anything!”

Mingyu bitterly smiled at her and just kick some pebbles. Hwajae on the other hand was still caught up with her swooning moment over Hansol. She might be a vampire, but she’s still a girl. Fangirling side can sometimes took over her mind that she wouldn’t stop talking about that person.

Even when deep down there she knows that she’s hurting Mingyu.

“Oh man, I just can’t stop drooling over that kid’s awesomeness” Hwajae said. She looked up at Mingyu and he can only showed her a half-hearted smile “You know, you should spend some time with Hansol and get to know him better. I bet you would love him just as much as I do now”

Psh, I highly doubt that.

Mingyu chuckled, “You think so?”

“Yeah.. I mean, I like him, and you like me, so there’s a big chance that you’ll like him eventually” Hwajae said with a grin “Mingyu-ah, how I wish you can be as perfect as Hansol..”

Okay that’s it. Mingyu had been trying to calm his nerves down this whole time, but hearing that Hwajae wanted him to be as good as Hansol? Now that had just reach his limit.

Mingyu smirked, “I’m sorry I can’t be that perfect then”

Hwajae then raised an eyebrow. She sensed how pissed off Mingyu is and her real personality then comes back in “I’m sorry, did I offended you in any way?”

“Hell yeah you did. You offended me in every way” Mingyu said with a half-hearted chuckle “I thought you were like what, my bestest friend? But it turns out that you got yourself a new better friend than what I had ever been. So, congratulation”

“Wait, what? What are you talking about? I don’t-..”

“And you know what, people are starting to talk about your close relationship with Hansol. I mean, I don’t entirely believe in our so-called-soulmate thing but would it hurt you to keep some distance from him just so that people won’t spread out gossips and other cheap rubbish?”

“Wait, you care about gossips?! Since when do you listen to what other says, Mingyu?! And I don’t think that our soulmate thing-..”

“What? You think that it’s all just a joke? A misunderstanding thing?” Mingyu cuts “Well yeah, I think it is a mistake. A mistake that the Ministry of Vampire did that to us”

“Are you saying that me being your soulmate is a problem to you now?!”

 “Did you ever thought of me as your soulmate?”

Hwajae remind silent.

Mingyu smirked, “I thought so”

“But Mingyu I-..”

“You know what, I’m really tired and I need to get home now” He said and look at his watch “You can walk by yourself from here, right?”

“Mingyu I-..”

“I’ll bring the papers and put it in front of your doors” he cuts “I’ll see you later”

“Mingyu wait!”

“Oh and by the way, goodluck with your new friend. I hope he really is as perfect as how you mentioned him” Mingyu said before running away in his lightning speed. Hwajae obviously can’t chase him cause she doesn’t have the power to do so, so she was left alone on the road.

Mingyu-ah, why are you doing this? What happened to the old you?

 


 

[ Another chapter for the day! I hope it pays off my owes, guys

ㅋㅋㅋ]