A Plan

Seventeen

 

“Who are you again?”

Mingyu stared at the younger shorter boy from head to toe. He still can’t accept the fact that this ‘prey’ is actually standing right before his and the guests’s eyes yet, there’re no vampires that were trying to attack it. They’re there for sure, but what Hwajae had done to him was actually something Mingyu could never tolerate.

But then again, we’re talking about Hwajae here..

“Stop talking with such pride, Mingyu. You’re not the Sire, yet” Hwajae said and eyed him back.

Obviously Mingyu was hurt by her sudden harsh words and how protective she’d become to this boy, but being the understanding guy, Mingyu kept quiet about it. What’s so special about him, anyway? He’s just a human!

“Sire? What sire?” the boy asked with confused look.

Mingyu rolled his eyes. This boy is obviously stupid. How can Hwajae stands up with him in the first place anyway?!

Hwajae smiled at him softly, “You don’t need to know that.. It’s just.. It’s just a term we use here much, yeah”

“I know what he is, Hwajae-ah” Mingyu whispered quietly “I know he’s not a vampire and if the others know about who he really is-..”

“The other won’t know anything about this” she cut. She turned her head to face the younger boy with a smile and excused, “I’ll just have a quick small chat with him. Be back in a sec! Oh and, don’t talk to anyone, okay? If they ask you anything, just say that you’re with me, okay Hansol?”

Nodding his head slowly, Hwajae then smiled in acknowledgement and quickly grabbed Mingyu’s hand out of the place. The guests were busy with their ownselves, chatting and whispering on the biggest yet weirdest event of all, a half-blood was claimed to be a soulmate.

Too busy with that topic that they didn’t have time to take a look on the prey right next to them..

“You will not say a thing about Hansol, okay?”

“What do you mean I won’t! I will definitely tell my Dad about this and he will be-..”

“He’s just a kid, Mingyu! You can’t expect the others to eat them, can you? He’s just a lost boy! I found him around te forest near our Haven and he was completely lost! He didn’t even wore a proper clothes that I need to lend him some. I think he got a plane crash or something..”

“Yeah well, I don’t care what happened to him or what brought him here! He’s a human, and that’s all I cared about” Mingyu said sternly “I still can’t even understand how can you bring him here! How can you bring and outsider inside our Haven?!”

How can you bring him to my birthday party..

“Yeah, well what am I suppose to do?! Leave him in the forest and let him be killed by a bear or something?!”

“Yes!” Mingyu said “You can’t bring a human inside of our Haven, Hwajae! You know that rule, you know it! Which part of it that you don’t understand?! He’s a freaking human! If any other vampires know about this, you’re dead, Hwajae! They’ll punish you as what the Book of Nod says! They’ll torture you!”

“Which is why you won’t tell anyone about this, Mingyu” Hwajae said.

Mingyu then shut his mouth tight as Hwajae said those words. True, he can’t imagine to see her being tortured by the others if they got to know about this, he just can’t. Imagining her to be punished in an inhuman way and other bizzare violent things in his mind.. He just can’t.

Seeing Mingyu softened by her words, the girl then take the boy’s hand and begged him for her life, “Please Mingyu.. Let’s just keep this secret for the both of us, okay? I’ve spritzed some of the sacred perfume to him so that the others won’t know that he’s a human, but I still need your help to cover things up. You’re the only one that should and could know about this, okay? Please Mingyu, I’m begging you..”

Feeling just as desperate as Hwajae, Mingyu can’t help but to nod at her weakly. He knew that he just got himself a real big trouble but he can’t just let Hwajae face it alone. If he really loves her, or at least, if they really are soulmates, then they should protect each other, no matter what happens.

“Thank you” Hwajae said and pulled him into a graceful hug. She knew that she could always hang on this best friend of her, but what she didn’t know is that this help is actually crushing her best friend’s heart.

“No problem” he smiled weakly “So what’s the plan? What will you say if you know.. The other ask who he is or what he is? I mean, people might ask what kind of vampire he is and all..”

“Y-Yeah well.. I’ve been thinking that I could just say I’ve met him in the forest and changed him there.. I’ll ask my parents if he could live with us, which I think it won’t be a problem since my Mom had always like it when I brought a friend”

A friend, my , Mingyu thought.

“Okay, and how about school? He would obviously need to get into school somehow” Mingyu said as he tried to cover up his upset feelings.

Hwajae grinned, “I can work on that, too. You have nothing to be worried about. I can handle the things just fine”

Mingyu then stared at the very determined girl beside him. She looked really excited and positive about her plan which in one way, Mingyu finds it to be interesting. But then again, remembering the fact that he’s the next Sire and how he needs to learn to handle problems like this from now on, he still have this uneasy feeling about this.

“But wait..” Mingyu said “Does that kid know anything about vampires and our Haven? I mean, he seemed to be really oblivious about it and you can’t expect an ordinary human to enter a school of vampire. He’ll freak out!”

“Yeah well.. I was kinda hoping for you to keep it down low for him.. I mean, I’ll tell him that our school is a vampire base kind of school but I won’t tell him who we really are or what the Haven is cause you know.. He’ll freak out for sure.. And I obviously don’t want him to run away from a beast like me” Hwajae mumbled her last words.

For a moment there, Mingyu thought that she had crossed over his limit. How can she said that she felt bad to be a half-blood? How can she said that she’s a beast by becoming a half-blood? Doesn’t she realize that she’s meant to be a vampire and she shouldn’t let a human made her feel like it’s a mistake for her to be one!

“Hwajae, I think you’re taking this problem on the wrong way” Mingyu said sternly “You’re a half-blood and you’re not a beast. You should be proud of yourself. You’re a half-blood from a Prince family. How can you feel bad over a stupid human?!”

“Will you stop calling him stupid human?! He has a name, okay!” Hwajae fumed “And I’m sorry if my words somehow hurt your feelings as a vampire. I didn’t mean it to make it sounds like I feel bad for being a vampire. And it’s very not true for you to say that I’m over reacting over him”

Mingyu was taken aback that Hwajae finally explodes and he can only sigh about it. He never have the power to stand againts Hwajae’s will, he never does. No matter how stupid or harsh she’ll be, he’ll follow her eventually. Even when it includes to ignore his hurting unbeating heart.

“I’ll go back to Hansol. People is already starring at us” Hwajae said.

They’re not staring because of Hansol. They’re staring because you’re the first half-blood to be claimed as soulmate. My soulmate.

Mingyu pouts at the random thought and Hwajae can only raised her eyebrow about it. He can get too lost in his thought and sometimes she just can’t understand him. Just like the moment right now.

She then begin walking away but the stopped on her pace as she asked, “By the way.. How did you know Hansol’s a human? I mean, the other vampires don’t seem to notice it at all”

Mingyu shrugged, “I don’t know. Maybe because of all this sire kind of thing.. I need to be extra sensitive about enemies”

“He’s not an enemy, he’s a friend. My friend” Hwajae said and walked away. Leaving the birthday boy to feel all lost when today was suppose to be his best day,

Hwajae is his soulmate.

 


 

[ I AM SUPER SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE

I've been very busy recently and school doesn't seem to have any mercy on me even when the exam is coming next week ;;

I'll try to post another chapter ASAP and I promise that it will be in this week

*pinky promise

 

By the way, have you guys seen the latest hair cut of Seventeen boys? I love Seungcheol's hair, it's red! kkk~]