The Clinic

Seventeen

 

It’s all my fault.. It’s all my fault..

The strong alcoholic scent was smelled all over the place, even when it was just a school clinic. Vampires are known for a strong being, so when they got injured, things must’ve gone real bad and which is why the clinic is full of medical things for sudden surgery and others. He, himself wasn’t a big fan of that aroma but he has to be responsible on what he has done.

He desperately run his ringers to his hair in desperation as he take a deep breath.

It’s totally my fault

In a few minutes, the doctor came out and it made him feel like his heart just exploded. The wait has come to an end and it’s time to hear the result on what he’s done.

“Miss Choi is fine, but she had lost a lot of energy from the warm up that we would need to give her a cup of Lupine’s Blood to regain her strength. I don’t know what happened but she surely used too much of her energy that it actually takes her human side power and almost killed her. It’s a good thing that you brought her here immediately before she actually drains all of her power. Both of the vampire and human side”

Mingyu gulped, “Is she awake now?”

“No she’s not.. Just yet, actually. I’m sure that she’ll be awake anytime soon and when she does, I hope you’ll give her the cup of Lupine’s blood that I’ve place on her bed table. It’ll cure her faster than any meds” the doctor smiled. She takes out a note from her lab jacket and start to write things on it, “You’ll be watching her, right?  I’ll make a permission for your teacher for not attending class and.. Might as well talk to Mr. Park to stop this kind of warming up”

Mingyu nodded at the doctor and genuinely thanked her. Not for making the permission to leave class, but to not ask him what happened because it would obviously make him curse himself even more.

After the doctor left, Mingyu quietly walks to her bed and sit on the empty seat next to her. He examined her face which was still red but it was a lot paler than before, which is a good sign for Vampires. Her hair wasn’t red anymore, it was black with a turqouise highlight, just like her usual color.

You see, another thing about being a Vampires is that people could tell about your mood and your condition by your eyes and hair. The Prince family usually have this black to golden brown hair, while Half-Bloods would have black to chocolate brown hair with some highlight. The highlight would change due to the half-blood’s condition or mood. Being a Half-Blood from an honored family, Hwajae was belated with a turqoise highlight which matches her eye color and it just made her look more special, even when she’s still a Half-Blood.

Mingyu gently rubs her cheek and let a small sigh as he realizes how weak she is right now. “So beautiful, so perfect, yet.. So fragile”

Mingyu looks around and saw the cup of Lupine’s blood. The golden cup was filled with a shimering red blood but there was something different about it. The blood was radiating something really powerful that he himself wanted to take one gulp of it, but he knows that Hwajae needs it and to get a cup of Lupine’s blood was really hard to do.

He placed the cup down and continue to examine her face. Her eyes were still shut but it still radiates her beauty. Her cheeks were still cherry red because of the human blood running in it. Her hair was beautifully curled on the edges and made her turqoise highlight to shine. Her small hands feels perfectly fit to his as he gently hold it.

“I’m sorry” he said “I didn’t mean to do all of this and make you look this.. Weak. I swear I would turn back time and simply ignore you if that would safe your life and made everything better than this. I never thought that.. You were really trying hard to get that horse that you almost drained all of your energy. I thought that you know that this is just a warm up and you don’t need to really push yourself, but.. I know this is all my fault”

“Don’t frown like that. You look ugly” Hwajae said with her eyes still shut. She was awake for a moment and she had heard Mingyu’s apologize for quite some time. Good thing that she didn’t hear Mingyu’s previous sentence. “.. And don’t blame yourself. It’s not entirely yours, I’m in blame, too for taking this warm up thing too serious. In fact, I feel like a childe for getting into this kind of situation”

“Hey, don’t call yourself a childe. You’re not a childe, you’re a half-blood and you should be proud of that. You’ll be a Prince too, in no time”

“Yeah, that’s only if I found my soulmate and turned me into one. What if I never meet my soulmate? Or if he doesn’t have the faith that I’m actually his soulmate? Or worse, what if I never was destined with a soulmate? I’ll be a half-blood forever..”

“So you’re more afraid to be a half-blood than to not see your soulmate?” Mingyu asked with an amused smile. Usually girls would be more afraid to not meet their soulmate because they’re taking that matter to serious but Hwajae was different, and it actually makes him more amazed on how special can she gets. “Are you not afraid that if some vampire bite you and turn you into a Prince, but it’s the wrong person and.. You got stuck with him forever?”

“Um, well.. I do scare but, what’s wrong with playing with your destiny? I’m more of an ‘I make my own destiny’ than a person who’s feeling all gloomy and just follow their destiny who’s obviously playing with their life”

“Wow, you should apply yourself for the next Sire! I’ll vote for you, for sure” Mingyu said, making Hwajae to laugh. But to her misfortuned, the laugh didn’t last long. Her laughter was then replaced by her expression of wincing in pain. Her stomach was still hurting and seeing her in pain like this, Mingyu feels like he wanted to just strike his heart with a woden stick or just simply drink a glass of garlic juice.

Mingyu’s smile fell and his palms become all sweaty. He cleared his throat, knowing that he’s in blame for her pain and take the cup of Lupine’s blood, “Here. Drink this. It’ll make you feel a lot better. Well, that’s what the doctor said, but I don’t know”

“What’s this? Lup-what?”

“Lupine’s blood. You know it, right?” he asked as he gave the cup “Now, drink. I don’t want to see you all weak like this”

Hwajae only nods and carefully drink the blood. Once the blood reach the tip of her lips, she could already feel how powerful the drink is. The first drop immediately healed her unbeating heart and she feel like brand new again. As in, literally. She feels like she was just recharged and her battery is 100% full as she take small gulps of the blood.

“So, any difference?” Mingyu asked as she had drank for almost a half of it. Her face turned paler but it still doesn’t make him feel revealed. Not until she said how she feels, of course.

“I feel.. A bit ticklish inside but.. It feels good” she said with a smile. “Here, try a gulp! I don’t know how would it affect you but.. I think you’ll regain power or something. Come. It wouldn’t hurt to try, right?”

Mingyu hasitantely take the cup and before he take a gulp, he stare at her. She was smiling at him and nodded in asurement. Mentally telling him to just take one gulp. So he did.

“Holy Vlad..” Mingyu said as he gulped his the blood down. The tip of his lips were still dripping with blood, but it wasn’t the thing that made her laugh. It was his priceless look after he dranked the blood “This is the best blood I’ve ever tasted!”

“I know, right?! You can have the rest if you want. I’m full”

“Nu-uh. You drink it. You need to regain your strength faster than me catching a deer, so yeah..”

“Geez, you’re such a show off pants, aren’t you?” Hwajae said as she gladly drink the blood. She was too occupied with the drink that she didn’t realized that Mingyu was acting all weird and his ears were shimmering like diamonds (vampires don’t blush. Instead, their ears and cheek would be shining like diamonds when they’re embarassed or anything). She finished her drink and her bloody lips before turning her head to the older boy, “What? Why’re you shining like that?”

“Oh um, nothing” he said. He was thinking about the old myth in which said that if you share a drink of Lupine’s blood with someone you cared about, you will ended up with him/her, somehow like that. He wasn’t the kind of person to believe in such empty words, but to think that he would ended up with Hwajae was a whole different story.

Hwajae on the other hand, was raising an eyebrow as she stare on the boy who was acting all weird that day. He was shining, which is a rare moment for the Bloodie Pie of the Century to do. He was acting weird like she was a stranger. He was also acting all clumsy at that moment. Did she do something wrong that made him feel uncomfortable, like this?

“What is wrong with you?”

Mingyu snapped back from his thought, “Huh? What?”

“I said, what is wrong with you?” she repeated. She stared at the boy who was trying to look away and as a mad idea ran across her mind, she gasped “Do you get those kind of symptoms that we learned in the Vampire class? Do you feel any tingle in your stomach? Do you know what your special power is?!”

“What? Special power, what?”

“You know, that kind of thing that we talked about this morning. About your special power since you’re going seventeen by this week”

“Oh, that power..” he said. He stared at Hwajae and mentally shouted, the only power I could feel right now is how big is my love for you, silly!

“Yes, that power. Do you feel the symptoms already? Can you guess what would your super power be?”

Hwajae’s eyes were twinkling as she thinks on what would his power be. Telekinesis? Teleport? Self-ditrotion? Elements? Anything would suit him and would definitely make him be a better Prince. He might not only get the predicate of the Bloodie Pie of the Century, he might also be the next Sire if he really got his special power.

Mingyu tried to work his brain and an idea suddenly came up, “Yeah. I think I have my special power already”

“Ah, really?! What is it? Show me, show me, show meee!”

“My power is that I could make a vampire turn shining so bright like they’re even more dangerous than sun in summer”

“Woah, really?” she asked. Mingyu was laughing hard in the inside as he witnessed how stupid Hwajae’s looking right now. She literally bought his words, just like that. There’s no such power. The only power related to it was to control other’s energy, but Mingyu wouldn’t get that power because that power was one of the cursed one and it was specialized for the Rouge ones.

“Yes, really” he said with a playful smile “Do you want me to show it?”

Hwajae nods eagerly like a 10 years old kid and glued her eyes to Mingyu. Fully anticipating on waht he would show.

“But you need to close your eyes, or my power wouldn’t work, okay?”

“What? What kind of power is it? Why should I-..”

“Just do as I say, Hwajae” he said with a glaring tone. Hwajae raised an eyebrow at him but closed her eyes eventually. Her heart was jumping in excitement, knowing that her bestfriend has finally got his special power. She played with her fingers and Mingyu could only laugh at how silly she’s acting. He leans closer to her ears and wishpered, I love you.

Hwajae suddenly popped her eyes and immediately stood up from her bed, not caring that her head harshly hit Mingyu’s chin as she shouted, “What?!”

“Geez, I was just kidding, okay! No need to act all tensed up!” Mingyu said as he rubbed his chin. No matter how powerful a vampire is, if they’re being hit by other vampire, they would still feel the pain.

“That’s not something you kid about, Mingyu!”

“Why? It was just a joke, anyway” he said “Or.. Do you want it to be real?”

Now it was Hwajae’s turn to shine. Her cheek was glowing as diamond and she has no idea why. Was it purely because of his tease or was there something more? She just don’t know,

 

Yet.

 


 

Glosarium : 

  1. ChlideA derogatory term for young, inexperienced, or foolish vampires.
  2. Lupine's blood : Blood from a werewolf which is a very powereful for Vampires and believed to cured everything
  3. Sire : Vampire leader

 


 

[ Heyaaa! So the second chapter is up, and I know it's not as challenging as other fantasy story, yet, because this is just the begining. I want you all to know what the main characters feel to each others first before the main problem comes in.

Oh and a little story about my personal life, I'm going to see Nu'est today! Kyaa ><

Well I'm not really sure if I'll meet them in person like have a conversation with them, but I'll definitely see them on stage which is I think it's gonna be the best day of my life!

And if I really do see the boys, I will update another chapter for today and so does for my Delinquenteens story so I it's a give away chapter! *lolno

Talking about next chapter, there's gonna be someone appearing next chapter, and can you guess who he is?

 

I bet you can

*wink wink]