His Walls Finally Collapse

Seventeen

 

Days passed and the promise Hwajae made for not creating any problems to Mingyu had been proven up until this point. She hasn’t create any more problem nor bad things for Mingyu to be thinking about, but her relationship with Hansol was still intimate like bee and honey, letter and anvelope, left and right, rose and-.. Yeah, you got the point.

The moment when it is said that Hwajae hasn’t create any bother for Mingyu is actually based on her point of view only. Just because Mingyu hasn’t said a thing about anything in his mind, doesn’t mean he actually has none. The words were starting to spread even worse that his parents started to hear it. His Mom even asked about how can Mingyu let this kind of gossips spread. Not that she dislikes Hansol or anything, she’s just confused on why didn’t Mingyu take a step on this kind of problem.

His relationship with Hwajae hasn’t improve, too. The best they do nowadays is only smiling at each other when they meet. No greetings, no more jokes from Mingyu, no nothing. Can they actually be counted as a soulmate?

Mingyu messed his hair in desperation. This is not what he expected when he agreed on her words. If he knew that when she said not to create anymore problem is by making some distance between them, he would never agreed on it “This is so frustrating! Damn it”

The other kids can only raise their eyebrows. This leader of them had been talking to himself the whole day and they didn’t have the gut to ask him what’s been bothering him. Well it’s not like they’re afraid or anything. They’re just tired to be yelled at by this devastated kid.

“Why are you guys not helping me out?! I’m desperate here!” Mingyu said as he throw his pencil away. He messed his hair and look blankly at the paper in front of him. It was a simple calculating question but his mind was obviously out of space that he can’t do anything about it “Why should this homework be so freaking hard”

Mingming sighed, “I think you just need some rest, bro. I mean, you’ve been devastated like this for quite some time now”

“Yeah, you need some space to think about all of these things alone” Seokmin said “These whole Hwajae thing is suffocating your mind, bro. I know you love her, but she’s just being such pain in the lately. And I dont-.. Oof!”

Junghyeon elbowed the older boy and rolled her eyes, “What Seokmin oppa meant was, you should take a walk and think about it in a calm headed way, Mingyu oppa. I mean, you obviously haven’t tell Hwajae sunbae about what you’ve been thinking, so I think it would be best if you two just take some private time alone and talk this all out. Just a simple casual conversation would be okay, I think”

Mingyu messed his hair and let out a big breath. Maybe he really needs sometime alone to think this all out. Not the kind of time where he would be all emotional because of her skinships or where he would be all in range about the problems happening, he just need some time in a real cold headed way, just like what Junghyeon said. It wouldn’t hurt to take a walk with Hwajae and just talk about it slowly, right? He might not get the direct answer or way out for his questions and problems, but he would feel more relaxed afterwards.

They haven’t been spending enough time together, anyway..

“I think that’s a great idea. I’m sure Hwajae wanted to talk to you too, anyway. At least, that’s what I can conclude from my conversation with her” Wonwoo said.

Mingyu raised an eyebrow, “You talked to her, hyung? When?”

“One of the days when you were gone, she came to me and asked about you. Well she didn’t really come to me cause we bumped to each other, but she still asked for you” Wonwoo explained “I think she also has something in mind to tell you or talk about”

“Oh yeah.. Hwajae sunbaenim also came to us and asked about you too, hyung” Seungkwan said “She asked if we knew anything about you or how were you. I think she really cares about you deep down there”

“What are you talking about by ‘deep down there’? She really cares. It’s just that she doesn’t show it that much” Mingming said, trying to build some self-confidence to Mingyu. Like it is said previously, Mingming is the only one that truly understands what Mingyu feels and he’s also the only one that can actually lift some of the burden Mingyu’s having. And being a good friend he is, of course he would try to help Mingyu as best as he can. That’s what friends are for, right?

Mingyu smiled a bit. Now he didn’t know about the fact that Hwajae asked about him while he was gone. It was considered as.. Sweet? He wasn’t sure what to feel right now, but one thing he’s obviously sure about is that he’s happy. Happy that eventhough Hwajae seems to be always busy with Hansol, she still cares about him.

Somehow.

Feeling a tiny little drop of sunrise to hit his head, Mingyu stood up from his seat with a little smile. He felt all recharged and his insecurities had all been washed up temporarily. Well, he still needs to think of the bad things so that he won’t fall to hard if it didn’t turn as what he expected, right?

“You know what, you guys are right. I need to talk to her” he said and packed up “Thanks for the suggestion, guys. You are all the best”

The boy quickly grab his backpack and leave the room. He was positive that nothing can go wrong this time. It’s actually the best idea he got for the last couple weeks so this plan should and must work out.

The other kids can only stare at how hyper Mingyu gets. They’re happy about it of course, but they can’t ignore the fact that they are all aware of the possibility that things might not work out that well and they would need to prepare a massive tub to keep his tears in.

“You do realize that things don’t work out as what you guys promised, that boy would cry his heart out like a maniac” Seokmin said with a sigh.

“Come on, it wouldn’t hurt that much to make that boy happy in a bit, right?” Wonwoo said “Besides, that’s actually the first time I’ve seen him smiling again after all these days. He really got too much things going on his head”

“Yeah, but if Hwajae turn her back on him and-..”

“Let’s just stop all of these negatives things, okay?” Junghyeon said “I’m sure Hwajae sunbae and Mingyu oppa would work all of these out. I’m sure they will. They’ve known each other as long as they could remember and I’m sure that they would be just fine”

“They’ll figure things out” Mingming said as he sit next to Junghyeon. He place an arm over her waist and protectively embrace her “They’ll work things out, just like we did”

***

Mingyu walks in front of the school gate back in forth like a lost man. Well he really is lost in the momet, to be honest. And the fact that whats making him lost is actually a person, he can do nothing about it.

He waited hours for hours for Hwajae to finally comes out of the school. She got another student council meetings which makes her get home this late. Well it’s not as late as when he walked her home last time, but it was still late for an after school time. Like seriously, her schedule nowadays is even more tight than how a President would have.

“What are they planning about anyway?! The Ministry of Vampire meetings seem to be shorter than this” Mingyu grumpled quietly. This kid might be a cold headed man because of his leaderly traits, but when it comes to meeting Hwajae, he never has the word ‘patience’ in his special dictionary.

“Mingyu?”

A voice recalled from behind and Mingyu can only grin as he turn his body around, “Hey, Hwajae!”

“What are you doing, here? It’s late already”

“Yeah, I got some detention to attend at” he lied.

“Hm, I didn’t know the Kim Mingyu is capable of being such a rebel to be in a detention class” Hwajae said with an amused chuckle.

 Mingyu can only rub his nape nervously. He has no idea what’s gotten into him but he suddenly feel all nervous that she’s actually there in front of him. He waited for her for such a long time and now that she’s here, he has no idea how to react. Come on, Kim Mingyu. Stop acting like a geek and just talk to her!

“Let me help you with the papers” he initiated awkwardly and take the papers off her hands “You’ve been carrying too many stuffs lately, I figure.. Was the event thing really that big or well-planned that you need to work extra hard on it?”

She shrugged, “Not really. I’m just voluntering to be the one who keeps the papers so..” she said and started walking, making him to followed from behind.

“So, you’ve been really busy lately, I can say”

“Um, yeah.. You can say that” she smiled tiredly “How about you? I haven’t seen you around lately.. Probably because of my busy schedules but still, where were you? You don’t stick your arms on my shoulders anymore.. Why’s that?”

Mingyu chuckled, “Why, is our Ms. Choi misses my clingyness, now?”

“I didn’t say that. I’m just asking why you’re not doing your usual habit” she said as she smacked his shoulder “You used to always stick yourself on me everyday and everywhere that people thought we’re a couple”

We’re not a couple, we’re a soulmate.

“Hm, you can say that I find something worthed to do than to try to stick myself over someone who doesn’t even like my presence” Mingyu said.

“Good, for you!” Hwajae joked, and did a small slap again on his shoulder.

The two then become quiet. They both have things in mind but they just don’t know how to start it off with this awkward atmosphere. They don’t even know how can they be this awkward to each other when they’ve known each other since they’re still drooling the chin off. Maybe this problem had taken over their friendship that far, huh?

“I think-..” The two kids suddenly said in sync.

Being the hyper person and having the happiness to fill his heart, Mingyu only laughed and said playfully, “Ladies first”

“Okay..” Hwajae said with a long sigh “I think we need to talk more about this whole soulmate thing.. I mean, I know that it’s probably the least thing in your mind to be think about but honestly, it has been polluting my mind lately and I seriously need to talk about it to someone. And obviously you would be the best and only one for me to talk to about this”

“Yeah, me too.. You know, I got too much things to think about that I got all messed up lately” Mingyu said with a chuckle “We definitely need to talk about it for sure”

“Exactly! You know, I don’t want to give you more things to be think about, but we seriously need to talk about this one..”

“Agreed. And you know what, we should spend more time to-..”

“.. because I think you’re right about this whole soulmate thing. Maybe we really need to undo this”

The smile from Mingyu’s lips disappeared as she said so. It feels like thousands of wooden swords had strike him right on his unbeating heart that it made it even more dead than ever. His heart becomes colder than his vampire skin and it was harder than ice. If this was all a drama, then this would be the moment where the scene suddenly turns dark and rains poured in.

But we all know that it is not.

“W-What?” Mingyu asked, trembling.

“You know.. I’ve been thinking about your words that this whole soulmate thing might be a mistake and.. I think I agreed in that now. I mean, I don’t exactly feel any new chemistry or what soulmates should’ve feel after the golden eyes thing and-.. Do you feel it, Mingyu-ah? Do you feel any different?”

He bitterly smiled, “No”

“See? Me too!” she said “I think the Ministry just confused our status over the golden eyes thing and I’m really sorry to put you in such trouble like this”

“What are you talking, about? I should be the one sorry. I’m sorry I’ve give you a status that you’ve never wanted” Mingyu said. His heart was shattered in pieces as he said so, but that’s just what he felt right now. He didn’t know that it actually hurt her to be his soulmate. Even when she’s not physically ill or mentally damaged, he still feels guilty to put her in a situation she’d never favored.

“No, it’s not your fault. You didn’t see this one coming anyway, and to be hoonest, this is actually no one’s fault” Hwajae said and patted his shoulder “I mean, it’s not like I don’t like it to be your soulmate but I just.. I don’t feel the stages I should be feeling. I do care about you but I think it’s still on the friendship stage, not a soulmate one”

So that’s it? Friendship is all Hwajae sees upon their relationship? Can’t she see how hard Mingyu is trying to show his feelings? Can’t she feels how Mingyu tries to radiate his cares for her? Can’t she understand that Mingyu really is her soulmate?

Mingyu takes a deep breath as he tried to calm down. He was never a cry baby, no, but this is too much for him to handle. Out of all problems he actually needs to think about, this one problem is actually the one that he feared the most. If others want to replace his position as the next Sire, then go ahead. But if anyone wants to replace his spot as Hwajae’s soulmate, that would be something he would fight to die for.

Sounds exaggerating, but that’s just the truth.

“I-I think so too.. We can’t risk our friendship over some rubbish like this, can we?” Mingyu half-heartedly chuckled.

“Exactly! Oh, it feels so good to finally tell you all of these” Hwajae said with a big smile “I hope this changes nothing about our friendship, okay?”

Mingyu nodded.

Hwajae only smiles and hugged him, “Ah, it always feel good to talk to you, Mingyu-ah”. Mingyu didn’t reply the hug because of his mental break down but he obviously smiled back at her. Trying to show that this is what he felt too when he was actually dying inside.

Still alive but barely breathing, they said.

“Ah, Mingyu-ah, can I tell you something?” Hwajae said as she broke the hug with the biggest grin she ever showed “But you must promise me to never break this secret with your life, okay? As in, seriously, you can’t tell anyone about this. I’m serious”

Mingyu only nodded with a weak smile. His breath was still shallow from the shock he just faced and he’s still trying hard to control hisself. Lately he had been lacking in self control and he wouldn’t want to show or do anything inapporpriate in front of Hwajae. What if he attacks her? What if he cried in front of her? What if he explodes in front of her?

He won’t want that for sure.

“Okay,” Hwajae said as she tries to hold on her excitement “I think.. I think I like Hansol”

Mingyu stopped on his track. If he said that he was died the moment she asked if he would really undo the prophecy, this time he was infinity time more died than that. Everything feels blurry and cold. His body was shaking bad right now that it was really visible. Beads of sweat was dripping down his forehead and his breath was really shallow. He really is done with all of it.

His world was crashing down. Right on that moment, he realized that he had no chance to win her heart even with the Link thing as an excuse. He stood no chance to get her. He was never in the game of winning her heart. Never.

“You know, it’s just that when I’m around Hansol, I can really feel to how to be a girl.. I know this sounds stupid, but when he’s around, I can feel my hands sweating and I would act all silly when he smiles. And do you think-.. Mingyu?” Hwajae stopped as she realized Mingyu was far behind. He was still frozen from her confession and his eyes were really blank. It was really empty and lifeless. It looks like he just gulped down a garlic juice or got his heart stabbed with a wooden stick. But of course, we all know that for Mingyu, any of those things sound better than to hear Hwajae’s confession.

“Mingyu-ah, are you alright?” Hwajae said as she get to his spot “Come on, we need to start walking. It’s getting late”

As Hwajae pulled Mingyu, Mingyu can only followed her weakly. His feets feel jelly and the only thing holding him now is actually Hwajae. If she doesn’t cling her hands on his arms, he might be collapsing down in shock.

The swooning over Hansol didn’t stop there either. Hwajae just keep on talking about how Hansol would make her sparkle or how he would make her get all jumpy like a little kid getting too much sugar for a night. What she doesn’t know is that Mingyu was really fighting hard on not showing her how crushed he is. Heck, he was actually fighting the urge to crush the papers he was holding as she keeps on praising that human boy.

Feeling his ears ringing in pain, Mingyu didn’t even realize that they got to their houses already. Hwajae still had that big shining smile on her face and she quickly take the papers off Mingyu’s hand, “Thanks for hearing my secret, Mingyu-ah. Remember, don’t tell anyone about this, okay? This is our little secret”

Hwajae held up her pinky finger but Mingyu was still in shock that she needs to pick up his hand and make the pinky promise. Her smile got even brighter and hugged him all sudden in excitement. She was feeling all hyper after telling him all of her secrets when the boy is actually in the edge of his life.

“Anyway, I should get going now. I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?” Hwajae said as she break the hug “Have some rest, Mingyu-ah! You look tired”

She then quickly run inside her house. Probably getting impatient to see that boy she’s falling in love with right now. Remembering that Hwajae actually lives under the same roof as Hansol, Mingyu can only sigh and realize that it actually increases the chance of her falling for that boy. I mean, how can you not fall in love with a dazzling person that you literally see 24/7?

Mingyu throw his backpack away and kicked it. He’s really frustrated in that moment. He messed his hair. Tears were starting to form and he finally collapsed. He hugged his knees, right in front of Hwajae’s front door and sobs. He finally cried. The boy finally cried after all of this frustration. Mingyu’s walls finally collapsed.

 


 

[ Hi guys!
I'm really sorry about this very late update!
You see, I forgot to bring my laptop during the holiday and my iPad didn't work as how I expected to update my fanfictions so yeah.. I'm so sorry!

Anyway, what do you think about this one story? I personally think that this one is the saddest chapter so far because of how crushed MIngyu is and how stupid Hwajae is acting like, asdfghjkl, Mingyu deserve a better soulmate, don't you think?

Remember guys, if you have any thoughts, comments or critism about this story, the comment bar is always open and I will try my best to get this story to a better level and get you all to feel more satisfied

 

xoxo ]