For the Sake of Us

Seventeen

 

The Kim family are now gathered in the living room as they try to demand some explanation from Mingyu. The atmosphere was so cold, tensed, silent, everything you would never want to be in. Even for vampires whom are known to be the cold creatures, they are still not in favor to be in such situation.

"Well young man, you have some explanation to do" Mrs. Kim said as she folded her hands "Why did you beat that kid at school, hm? Why did you explode your power on him? Why did you do that?"

"I have nothing to explain" Mingyu said "The principal had told you everything. There's no point on me explaining things out. Not that it would matter, anyway"

"Watch your words, Mingyu. Just because you're the soon to be Sire of this Haven, doesn't necessarily means you have the right to talk with that attitude like this to your parents," Mr. Kim warned "and this is also your fault, Eunseo. You always treat him like he's a prince, like he would always gets what he wanted. Look at him, now! Thinking that he could do anything he wants just because the prophecy said that he'll be a great leader"

"Excuse me?" Mrs. Kim stood up "I never treat Mingyu like a prince and he had never acted like one because he's a good boy. He's just trapped in all of these dramas we're shoving him into that he exploded his power to an innocent kid at school. And if you really think that my way of teaching him is wrong, then why don't you take over it and settle things right yourself?! You've never been there when he needed a father to ask and lean on. I need to do everything by myself. Teaching him how to be a good vampire to keep our family's name, teaching him to control his powers, teaching him-.."

"Well all of those don't work out that well now, are they?"

Mr and Mrs Kim soon get drowned deeper into their anger as they argued right in front of their only child, Mingyu. He could only sit there, palms sweating as his parents get to an even more worse argument, and could only witness his parents slowly drifting apart over what he'd done.

"Mom, Dad.." Mingyu recalled in a low voice. His voice was hoarse and his mind was so poluted with all these stress he needs to work out with. He messed his hair in frustration and tried to speak up again, "Cut it out, please.."

"..- and you had never been there for Mingyu when he needed you just because you're too busy over your Sire business"

"Being a Sire, is a hard work to do, Eunseo" Mr. Kim said sternly "And just for your record, I have my part on raising that child, okay? I thought him how to be a good Sire by the trainings. I thought him the bases of what the Haven needs. I thought him-.."

"Yeah but you only do that after he's announced as the future Sire. Where were you for the past 16 years, Yongha?! Where were you when-.."

"I said cut it out, okay?!" Mingyu finally exploded and throw the things on the table away. Pieces of glass were all over the floor and his hands were cracked from it but he soon recover like nothing happened. His breathing was shallow and his hair was so messy that you wouldn't recognize him as the Kim Mingyu for a moment there "I said cut it out.. Please.."

"M-Mingyu-ah.." Mrs. Kim said as she tried to pat his shoulder.

"No. I need some space" Mingyu said, standing up from his seat "I'm sorry"

***

Mingyu ran away as fast as he could to the deepest part of the forest. He just wished that he could leave his problems as he ran, but he knows he can't. There are too many problems, expectations, and other things he need to sort out. Everyone seems to demand the best from him without offering any help or asking how he's doing and feeling. No one actually cares how he's feeling inside. Everyone only knows and believe that he's the best and he would never do anything less than that just because he's the next Sire.

Mingyu stops as he stumbles upon a tree and fell tumbling right after. He was in a mess. He was such a mess. He just needed a time to think, breath, and be alone. He just need to calm down for a moment.

He groaned in pain as a wooden stick strikes through his thigh. Blood was running out and the pain was so unbearable that he screamed in pain. Just because the wood doesn't strike his heart, doesn't mean it doesn't leave any pain. He was dying from it but he still takes the wood out of his thigh, screaming in pain as he feels the wood slid out of his part of body.

He throw the wooden stick away and panted hard from pain as he try to recover the wound. Now you might get confused on which kind of vampires Mingyu is. Is he the one shining like diamond under the sun or is he the one that burns? Is he the one that doens't appear on mirrors or is he on that appears?

You see, the Haven was casted so that the vampires could live like normal people. They could walk under the sun, see their reflection through mirror, have wooden tables and chairs, eat garlic bread, everything human-like. The thing is, Mingyu had run far enough from the Haven that the cast is barely there to protect him, that's why when he ran over the wooden stick, the pain was unbearable cause he was like a vunerable human that gotten a wooden stick through they flesh.

From the extreme pain, even though he's recovering from it, Mingyu couldn't stood up straight just yet that he fell back down to the ground. He pulled himself back until he leaned in to a big old tree as he tries to recover better. His breathing was still shallow and layer of sweat was still visible all over his skin.

That's it Kim Mingyu. You're ed up. You're done. You failed to do your job, even though you're not officially in, yet. You're just done for, Mingyu.

***

Have you ever had that feeling, when you're bored and you feel like you have nothing to do, you get that tingle inside your stomach to just wander around the place you have never stepped your feet on? That you just walk there alone without no one knowing where you're heading to nor why. Well, it's not like you know either, but you still do it anyway.

Well that's what Hwajae's doing right now. She walks around the forest, wandering to nothing she was really sure what. It feels like her feet jut dragged her someplace she doesn't know exactly where but she just can't walk away from it.

The sky was getting darker and darker as she finally gets to the point that she felt lost. After all the walking, she felt like the energy that brought her there had left with no trace. What's she doing there? Why's she here?

"Now why am I even here" Hwajae said to herself as she put her hands on her hips "What am I trying to find anyway? What's even-.."

Hwajae shut as she heard something behind the old trees. If it was an animal then she would feel no fear for it, heck she would just the blood out of it. But it doesn't feel like animals. She couldn't feel the body heat from a living thing and if there's anything there then that must be a vampire.

Another question to ask, why would there be a vampire in the middle of the forest like this?

Hwajae hesitated on getting closer to that one vampire. Who knows what kind of vampire it be? A rogue? A fledgeling? A half-blood? What could it be?

Getting close to the source of sound, Hwajae could only tip toed herself, trying not to make any noise cause if it was a rogue, then she should really run away before she could get caught. I mean, who would want to meet a rogue who loves to feed themselves with humans that takes drugs?

But as she stepped closer and closer, she feels her heart beat to beats faster in a way that she feels weird about it. Weird, but in a good way. It's like she would finally find the thing she neeeds to find as she walks in to the deep forest. It's like she would finally know why her heart brought her here. It's like-..

Oh my God..

Hwajae gasped as she looked at the scene she's watching. Her heart aches as she watch him there, sitting like a lifeless man with no clue as his shoulders defleated down. His hair was covering his face but Hwajae can excatly see who that is. She knows who he is and it hurts her to see him crying by himself deep inside the wood like this.

She quietly get closer and closer until she finally pulled the lost man in a hug "It's okay, I'm here.. Don't worry, I'm here"

***

"O-Ouch"

"Stop being a cry baby, you have the power explosion anyway, you should've been immune to this kind of pain" Hwajae chuckled as she helped him with the wound.

"Urgh, don't start with the prophecy thing, please. That's the very least thing I want to talk about right now" he said as he backed in and lean on her bed.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry" she chuckled "I won't upset my future to be Sire"

Mingyu growled, "Urgh, don't even go that way"

Hwajae chuckled and only walk away with the things she cleaned his wound with. She also helped him to get back to the Haven which was a lot of struggle to do as he's a lot bigger than she is and how his foot was not function normally, but still, being a good friend she is, she wouldn't leave him alone in the wood. She's even kind enough to bring him to her house instead as she understands the problem he's having in his house now.

Done with putting the stuffs away, Hwajae soon joined Mingyu on her bed as she climbed on and snuggle closer to him, "I forgot how fluffy you are to snuggle with"

"Yeah, you've forgotten a lot of things about me, anyway" Mingyu said, being honest when Hwajae only chuckled it off. He smiled at her and played with her hair as he questioned, "Where are your parents?"

"They have some dinner thing to attend" she shrugged.

Mingyu only nods in acknowledge and continue to play with her hair "Good then, we're alone now"

"Why? Are you going to me?" she joked.

"Probably"

"Jerk" she chuckled "Oh, that reminds me. We're not alone, Hansol's here. Probably watching or something next door so I think your plan might need some changing"

Mingyu's smile fell down as he remembered him. Just for a moment there he finally felt like he's winning Hwajae again and believed that the soulmate connection built as she actually came in the wood for no reason. But no, all of these good fantasies had to be ruined by the fact that Hansol is still there and no matter what he tries to believe, Hwajae's mind and heart is still fully with that human boy.

"Why did you stop smiling?" she questioned.

"Nothing" he smiled "So um, how are you and him? I mean, any progress with that love of yours?"

She sighed, "I don't know, I don't want to talk about it either"

"Why?"

"Cause I don't think we're progressing in any way. I mean, I start to know him better like where he came from, the fact that he still has some French blood inside him, and how many siblings he has. I mean, it's all telling me that we're getting closer and close but I just don't feel like we really are"

Mingyu smiled, that's because you're bounded to be my soulmate, not his "He's a French? Hm, wonder how good his blood taste like"

"Shut up, you wouldn't dare touch him"

"Really? How come you're so sure?"

"Cause I like that kid as in I have a crush on him and I know, as the very best friend you are, you wouldn't hurt the people I'm in love with. Right, Mingyu?" she asked. Mingyu could only stare at her eyes and try to show her that he's actually trying to say no, but he could only nod with a bitter smile. Hwajae then pulled him closer as they cuddle and placed her head on his chest, "You know what, let's just forget these whole propechy, my crush on Hansol, or any other things like that cause honestly, I just want to cherish this moment. It's not everyday I could cuddle myself with my very best friend like the old time now, can I?"

Mingyu nodded and pulled her closer in his arms as they cuddle. He was tired and sleepy but he wouldn't want to let this moment go by falling asleep and just wake up to the point when they need to break it up and continue their lifes as two different distant people. He just wanted to enjoy every single moment she's in his arms and try to deny the thought in his mind that says that she would never be his.

After a couple minutes, Hwajae finally drifted to sleep and Mingyu could only smile as he feels her breathing getting more and more stable. He kissed her head and continue to play with her hair as he speaks his thought, "As much as I hate to think about it, I still believe that you're mine, Hwajae-ah. No matter how hard you're trying to deny it and how I try to move on from you, it just doesn't work that way. I'm becoming a complete mess eversince that day you confessed your feelings about Hansol and I just-.. I don't know. You found me today in the wood when no one is suppose to know but all of sudden, you just appeared, and-.. I don't know Hwajae-ah. I just hope that there's still something for us. Something worth to be faught for and.. I hope you would, fight it for the sake of us"

 


 

[ Ollo!
 

I'm very sorry for the late update and I completely understand if you guys are mad at me, but I hope this chapter would pay some bits of my owe
I honestly have no good reason to give the update this late so I won't say any excuses

I hope this story would not be as bad as I think and for a little spoiler, in a couple chapters, it would be Hwajae's prophecy day!
Who's up for another prophecy?

xoxo]