Hwajae's Mom

Seventeen

 

 

“Today has been a quite harsh day, hasn’t it?”

Mingyu kicked some pebbles as he walked Hwajae home. She refused at first of course, not wanting to look like a weak girl or anything, but feeling the guilt eating his body, Mingyu can’t help but to insist with a few pushes until she finally agrees. With some whines, of course.

“You have no idea” Hwajae chuckled “But it must’ve not been that bad for you cause you know, you’re the Kim Mingyu. I’m sure you did fine on your classes. Especially PE..”

Mingyu looked down. In any other time he would be really pleased to hear her say those words, but the fact that she brought the PE class again makes him feel a lot more guiltier. What can he do to make it all up?

“Let’s not talk about the PE class, shall we?” he smiled

She nodded and continued walking. It gets awkward for the two of them since he keeps on saying sorry and the sky was dark now. They’d never walked at night as long as they’ve known each other and it’s just.. A new atmosphere for the two of them.

The silence then comes to an end as the two of them reached Hwajae’s house. They stare at each other in front of her house but she doesn’t have the urge to run in and jump to her bed when today was such a long way for her. Instead, she was sinked down in Mingyu’s eyes which suddenly become a lot more attractive under the moon light. It was sparkling bright and showed the gentle side of him which she rarely see because of his skinship habit and jokes.

“You should get in” 

“Huh? Oh.. Right” she said “Do you.. Do you want to come in for a sec? I mean, your house’s just across the street and I’m sure your mom wouldn’t mind if you spend some time in my house, right?”

Mingyu bit his lip. It was late already, but he can’t let go of her offer just like that. It’s not like everyday she would offer her for a cup of tea, right? In fact, it was actually the first time she ever asked him friendly like this.

Hwajae herself wasn’t sure where the words came from but it just did and she kind of feel good to be nice at him once in a while. Well Mingyu’s the only childhood friend she has anyway because the being a half-blood doesn’t have that much of energy to spent when you were a child, but Mingyu always there for her when she can’t chase the kids anymore, so to be as nice as she is at this rate, she feels good about it.

“Sure”

***

“So Mingyu-ah, how’s Mom? I heard she was not feeling too well a few days ago” Hwajae’s Mom said as she placed some food on Mingyu’s plate.

Yes, so the ‘tea party’ somehow turned into a lot different thing than what the two intended to do since Hwajae’s Mom pulled Mingyu in for  a ‘quick dinner’ before he came home. She quickly pushed Mingyu to take a sit on the dining table as she prepared to food in no time. Good thing Hwajae’s father is out for a business trip or her embarrassment would get even worse than ever.

“Oh she’s fine, Mrs. Choi. She was just too tired since my 17th birthday is coming up next week and she gets to prepare the ceremony and other things.. So yeah” he said politely.

Mrs. Choi smiled, “That’s good then! Tell your Mom I said hi when you get home, okay?”

“Okay” he smiled. He take a sip of the drink Mrs. Choi just poured in and stared back at Hwajae’s room door. She left to take a bath and it just made Mingyu feel unfortunate because of the awkwardness between him and her mom.

“Oh don’t wait for her. She usually takes a really long warm bath when she’s tired or sick”

Mingyu gulped. What if her Mom finds out that her daughter passed out this afternoon because of him? How would she react about it?

“I-I.. Um, Mrs. Choi.. There’s actually something happened at school today..” he said weakly “Hwajae-..”

“I did very well at math class, right Mingyu-ah?” Hwajae cut in as she sits next to him “I got the highest score of all, like usual”

“Ah, good thing then!”

“Yeah, sure” Hwajae said. She eyed Mingyu and motioned not to say anything about today’s accident. It’ll make no points, actually. It happened anyway and there’s no way to avoid it since she’s still a Half-Blood.

The three of them then finally dig in and shared some stories between their munches. Hwajae’s Mom obviously spoken the most since the two kids were feeling awkward at the moment, but they won’t say that they didn’t enjoy the dinner. It was one of the best dinner they’ve ever had, in fact.

“So Mingyu-ah, your birthday is coming up next week, right? Have you asked your parents for a special presents or anything?”

Mingyu put his forks down politely, “Um, not really, Mrs. Choi. I don’t exactly have something at the moment to ask so whatever my parents would give to me, I’ll gladly accept it”

“Ah, so you’ll be happy too if I just give you a rock?” Hwajae joked

“Yeah, whatever it is that you’ll give, I’ll love it” Mingyu said. Hwajae rolled her eyes and chuckled it off when Mingyu was telling to the truth and what he has forgotten is, Hwajae’s Mom is present and she has her special power. Reading people’s emotion and body language.

Mrs. Choi smiled secretly and continued her question, “So about your prophecy and others, have you made any preparation for it, just in case something went the opposite way of what you’re expecting?”

“W-Well, I don’t exactly have anything to expect now.. So basically whatever the prophecy would tell me, I’ll gladly accept it too”

“Bleh, you said you were worried about your special power” Hwajae spat

“I am, but I don’t think about it that much. If I do have any, then that’s good. If I don’t, then I just need to try harder to be a good Sire in the future” he said casually “There’s other thing I need to concern more about..”

Hwajae didn’t hear his last words so she just did a mehrong to him, showing how childish she could come at some point. Mingyu did the same to her since he just love the playful side of Hwajae that he could rarely see.

Mrs. Choi examined Mingyu and her daughter and can’t help but to smile to herself. The two definitely spread this one chemistry, especially Mingyu. But the two obviously didn’t seem to realized nor wanted to talk about it and just let the other person to know what the other’s really feel. Which in this case, such a big problem.

“Well I hope your prophecy wouldn’t let you down, Mingyu-ah” Mrs. Choi said with a smile

“Thank you, Mrs. Choi”

She nodded, “And I do hope that your soulmate would be Hwajae

Hwajae who was taking a sip of her water then chocked to death as she heard what her mother just said. Her face was red from the hard breath and she patted her chest so hard in order to inhale some oxygen. She was shocked to death. How can her Mom says such thing to Mingyu?!

Mingyu on the other hand, was shining bright as Mrs. Choi said the words he was trying to hide. She shoot exactly on the right spot where he would definitely shine and feel embarrassed about it. “I-I don’t think we share that kind of feeling, Mrs. Choi..”

“Yeah, what are you talking about, Mom?!” Hwajae said as she finally got her choking condition off “Don’t listen to her, Mingyu. She’s just having too many hemoglobin for a night, that’s all”

Her mother chuckled as she stood up, “Well whatever it is, the only way we could see it is by the prophecy, isn’t it?” She take the empty plates but before she turned away and walk to the kitchen, she continued “And don’t forget that I read people’s emotions and body language, kids. I know what the two of you are hiding”

“Mom!”

***

“I’m really sorry about my Mom’s behavior. She just can’t help herself everytime I brought a guy home” Hwajae said as she walked Mingyu out of the house.

He raised an eyebrow, “You take other guys to your home but me?”

“N-No! I mean, everytime I talk to or with boys, she would always do such thing and all” she saturated “I’ve never brought any guy to my house but you, actually. I don’t even thing I’m close enough to any guy but you”

“Yeah, you’re such a dweeb, that’s why”

“Hey!” she pouted

Mingyu chuckled and messed her hair, “Have a good night sleep, okay? Quickly regain your strength so I can teach you how to hunt properly”

“Geez, what a show off pants” she said as she pushed his hand away “Don’t worry, I’m fine now. The Lupine’s blood really helps. But I do need some rest though..” she said and yawned.

“See? Get in and get some sleep”

“But you need to get home first!”

“My house is across the street, Hwajae! You don’t need to walk me home” he said as he chuckled “Get in. The night breeze is not good for your body. Especially in your weak condition like this”

“I’m fine and I won’t get in before you get to your house” she said sternly. She placed her hands in front of her chest and urged Mingyu to walk home with his chin.

Mingyu sighed, “Fine. But you must promise me that you’ll get in as soon as I reach my front door, okay?”

She nodded, still with that stern look.

Mingyu smiled once more before turning his body away and walk to his house. His house was exactly in front of hers and it’s just stupid for her to insist to see him walk home. It’s stupid and childish, everyone knows that. But there’s just something about her that made her wanted to look all ‘girly’ in front of Mingyu just once.

Arriving at his house, Mingyu waved at her and urged her to get inside. She nodded and waved once more before walking in and closed her door.

Mingyu stared at her closed door and Mrs. Choi’s words echoed in his mind. What she said is obviously what he wanted the most, but what if it didn’t happen? What if the prophecy says the other way? What if he was destined with another girl?

I also hope to be destined with your daughter, Mrs. Choi. But I don’t know what the prophecy would say about my soulmate later on. I just hope that it won’t crush me too bad..

 


 

[ Heeey! So like I promised, I made another update today since I've saw Aron today!

You're right, the all mighty cutie pie Kwak Aron! Gaah I still can't believe I've watched him on stage this earlier night and God, he's so freaking cute! Such perfection, I can say.

Though, I kinda think that JR oppa is cuter in real person than in MV and pictures. He's a really cutie boy that you wouldn't believe that he's such a rebel boy in the Face MV because of his cuteness.
 

Anywho, enough of my personal experience, what do you think of this chap? Very fluffy, eh? Mingyu's freaking cute I think and he's just very very attractive when he 'shine' everytime someone talked about his feelings to Hwajae

Oh, and did I mentioned that someone would appear in this chapter? Well I'm sorry, I kinda forgot that it was next chapter, not this one.. So I'm very sorry for the wrong info 

*bows
 

So please do comment below so I could know what you guys think about this story! And don't forget to check out my other story, Delinquenteens!

xoxo ]