-16-

Love Recipe

  Jiyong has been taking care of you during the weekends, making sure rest, ice, compress, and elevate your foot. He wanted to make sure you’re able to walk by Monday. He even missed work so he could help you cure your foot.

  By Monday, you were able to walk, but not at your normal pace. You still had a limp and still walked slower than the average speed.

  Hana came over to pick you up, but Jiyong advise you to stay of your foot most of the time. With that said, he offered to take you two to school. It was a better choice rather than have your foot get worse.

  At school, you were greeted by a few worried students, asking questions about how you feel and if you’re alright.

  When you entered the classroom, you were immediately tackled by someone tall. You nearly tipped over if it wasn’t for Hana.

  “Yah! Niel! Be careful!” Hana shouted.

  Niel lets you go. “Sorry. But I was so worried! Are you okay?”

  You nodded, giving him thumbs up. “Better than ever!”

  He squint his eyes. “Don’t lie.”

  “I’m not.”

  “Whatever, I won’t win against you.” Niel scratched his head and sighed. “Anyways, Hana, at the sports festival, you did a good job. You’re a great runner…”

  Hana’s eyes darted to the door and Niel followed her gaze.

  You did the same when you noticed everyone. Your eyes brightened as you recognized who it was. “Changjo!” You exclaimed, waving at him.

  He grinned and did the same. “Good morning, Belle, Niel, and Hana!” He stepped inside, hand in his pocket. He rummaged through it, searching for something inside. Standing in front of Niel, Changjo took out and cellphone and handed it to him. “You dropped this in the hallway while going to class. Aren’t you glad I found it Hyung?”

  He managed a weak smile and took a glance at Hana before turning back to Changjo. “Thanks.”

  “No problem. I’ll see you guys later!” Changjo does a single wave and left the room.

  You stared at Hana who watched him go with those dreamy eyes. Then you stared at Niel who was walking away. *What’s wrong with him?* You thought as you came towards Hana, not leaving your gaze away from Niel. You nudged her playfully. “I bet you’re wishing you were the one who dropped your phone and Changjo brought it back personally to you. Am I right?” You continued to nudge her until she got annoyed.

  “No!” She defended. “I-I-I’m just admiring his new shoes.”

  “Yeah, like you were looking at his feet.”

  “Be quiet and sit down. You need to rest your foot!”

  You sighed. “Okay, okay. I guess so…” Slowly, you sat down on your chair and waited for the day to be over.

________________________________________________________________________

  After school, you and Hana were at the front, waiting for your brother to arrive and pick you up. Just then, your phone began to ring. “Oh!” You answered the phone. “Oppa! What’s taking you so long?” You asked immediately.

  “I’m going to be late, Belle. Work called and someone was out sick, so I had to replace him.” Jiyong answered with the sound of water running and someone laughing.

   You didn’t pay much attention. How were you going to get home now? Walk? “But, Oppa… What time are you coming home then?”

  “Really late. Think you can get a ride from someone else?”

  “I’ll ask.”

  “Okay, I love you.” Jiyong said.

  “I love you, too Oppa. Bye.” You hung up and turned to Hana. “He’s at work, so he can’t pick us up.” You sighed.

  “Think you can walk?” Hana asked since her parents aren’t available either.

  You stared at your foot. “Yeah, it’ll just take a while.” 

  “If you get tired, I’ll carry you.” Hana said, smiling.

  “Thanks.”

  “No problem. That’s what friends do.”

  You two started walking, slowly. Very, very slowly.

  Hana kept giving you worried glances, but you never said anything about being tired. She wanted to help, but she knew if she tried, you would refuse and keep going. So she did her best to resist the urge.

  You on the other hand weren’t paying attention to anything. You had your phone in your hand and forgot it was there! You even forgot your foot hurt. Your mind was somewhere else as you drifted off in your own world. All of a sudden a butterfly flew by and you stared at it, not noticing where you were going until you shoulder bumped into someone, dropping your phone.

  “Ah!” The voice came.

  “Omo! I’m sorry!” You bowed and saw whoever it was picking both phones.

  He got up and handed you your phone. His eyes widened as he recognized you. “You!” He shouted in his high voice. “You’re the one who bumped into me at the Sports Festival!” *She even told me she owed me one!*

  “Huh?” You gave a blank expression, not recognizing him.

  He flapped his hands. “Never mind. Well, I’m sorry for bumping into you. I was texting someone.” He bowed.

  You do the same, holding your phone close to your chest. “I’m sorry, too.”

  Everything became awkward after that.

  The boy nodded his head a couple of times before saying. “Okay…” Slowly, he turned around towards the direction he was going and walked away.

  You did the same, Hana by your side.

_______________________________________________________________________

  You arrived home with Hana.

  “I’m going to stay a bit,” she stated, taking a seat on the couch in the living room.

  You nodded and sat beside her, looking at your cellphone. It was same brand, but there was something wrong. You remembered you put a sticker of a cupcake on the back, but it wasn’t on there, instead there was an Infinity sign on it. Your eyes widened. “This is not my phone!” You exclaimed as you turned it on, seeing you had a ton of messages from various people. *Wow! He’s very popular!*

  “What?!” Hana exclaimed and grabbed it. All of a sudden “your” phone rang. She handed it back to you.

  It was an unknown caller, but the number was yours. You immediately answered it and at the same time, you and him exclaimed, “You have my phone!”

________________________________

Okay, I have everything planned out now, so I'll be updating at a good pace Cx I hope you like it!