Caring

A Whole Lot of Ball Games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99ZYIECx1Vw

Pokémon Dubstep Remix - Lindsey Stirling & Kurt Hugo Schneider (Cover)

 

You sighed. Were this two here to interrogate you?

Worse still, you fought against several men without getting hurt. Oh yes, this is making situation so much better.

*No wonder it was fishy they didn’t bother me at school* You thought, picking up your basketball.

You walked a few steps but stopped.

‘Leo, thanks for just now, but I could have handled it myself just as well.’ You said, before waving at the two stunned guys.

Leo looked as you walked away, becoming smaller and smaller. *Man, I think I need to help her. What if next time something worse happens? Who were they anyway?* Leo thought but was interrupted by N’s voice.

‘Leo, stop staring and help me get up.’ Leo looked down to see N still lying helpless on the floor.

---

Lucky for you, the next day didn’t have any extra classes. It was a relieved since you didn’t have to meet VIXX, especially N and Leo. You didn’t even dare to go downstairs just in case they plan to ambush you at the basketball court.

*Damn, so I can only rot at home?* You closed your eyes and sighed. You let your thoughts drift randomly.

*I wonder where my parents are.*

*What should I get for lunch? What about ramen? Haven’t eaten them in a while.*

*What else should I practice for my basketball? Maybe I should concentrate on dribbling? Haven’t practiced them intensively for quite a while.* You unconsciously moved your hand into a dribbling pose. You stood up, trying to get into the correct position but silly you, you hit your toes againt the coffee table in front of you.

‘Ouch! Damn it!’ You screamed, falling back into the sofa.

You looked at your toes. *Hate this kind of stupid accidents.* You sulked as your eyes travelled up to the bottom of your left ankle. You sighed as you grazed your tattoo with your fingers.

The tattoo was on your left feet on the left side of your ankle. The tattoo was a ball on fire and the fire was an outline of a wolf’s head. You sighed. *Why? Will I ever forget?* You sighed again as you let your eyes travel up your legs. Your eyebrows narrowed at a scratch on your knee.

*Must have gotten this while I was fighting yesterday.* You leaned back onto the sofa. You thought about what happened yesterday. There were so many unanswered questions and you needed the answers.

Who were they?

Who sent them?

Why were they after you?

Man, your life was so difficult.

---

VIXX was at Ken’s house just hanging out like they always did.

‘Hyung, what happen to you?’ Hyuk asked, pointing to N’s mouth.

‘Yeah, you look… terrible.’ Ravi added, when he saw N limping.

‘I got involved in a fight yesterday.’ N said casually, as if it was nothing much.

‘With who?’ Hongbin asked, finally looking up from his phone. N nudged his head towards Leo who was taking off his blue sneakers at the front door.

‘YOU GOT INTO A FIGHT WITH LEO HYUNG?!’ Ken shouted; his eyes as big as watermelon.

‘Dude, you scared me man. I thought you were so into your basketball shooting that you forgot my presence.’ N made a face.

Ken had a basketball court at home. To be precise, half a basketball court with a proper basketball hoop. Yes, Ken was that crazy about basketball.

‘Well, I guess you lost.’ Hyuk slightly chortled, looking at N covered with bruises while Leo with none.

‘Well, it’s expected. I mean, Leo’s Dad owns a few of the biggest gangs in Asia.’ Ravi said as he high-fived Hyuk.

‘Hey! Don’t spout nonsense, please.’ N smacked both of their heads as the both of them make a face.

‘So, what were you guys fighting about?’ Hongbin asked, looking at Leo.

Leo raised an eyebrow, pointing an accusing finger at N and back at himself.

‘We? Fighting? Dudes, we didn’t fight.’ Leo said, getting a can of coke from the fridge.

‘You guys didn’t fight? But… But… N said-’ Ravi looked at N.

‘Hey Hey, I didn’t say we fought, okay? I was just gesturing to ask him since it’s a long story and I’m lazy to explain.’ N defended, taking a seat beside Hyuk.

VIXX looked intently at Leo.

‘Fine, he got beaten up by masked men who were after that nerd girl.’ Leo said, taking a gulp of his coke.

‘I thought it was a long story?’ Ken said, making N shoot him a face.

‘Nerd girl? You mean the girl from that awesome basketball court?’ Hyuk asked, scratching his head.

‘Yeah, her.’ N replied, picturing your fighting self. *When did she learn how to fight?*

‘So how is she now?’ Hongbin asked, curious about how a girl like you could get into such trouble.

‘Fine, no bruises, no injury.’ Leo said, relieved you were actually alright. VIXX looked at N and his injuries then back at Leo. *Are you sure she’s fine?*

---

‘Wow, she’s really fine.’ Ravi remarked when you entered the canteen. The rest of VIXX looked up to see you perfectly fine, getting your food. They saw you noticed them with your eyebrows raised.

‘Hyung, that for you. That just made you look real bad.’  Ken said, chewing the rice.

N shrugged. He had a tough day because all his fan girls were busying bombarding him with questions of his injury and he refused to say anything. He knew that by bringing you up, the fan girls would send you threatening letters which would make your life worse than it already was.

You took your food. *Chinese food today.* You read the menu hung from the stall. *What’s with them staring at me?* You thought as you scanned the canteen for seats.

You didn’t have to look for a seat since the canteen was quite empty. Only third years and senior years needed to go back to school for extra classes.

You sat at your seat alone as usual, munching on your food. You heard whisperings and you felt a shadow over you. You looked up to see Leo sitting right opposite you, eating his food like it was a routine to sit near you. You looked around to see fan girls pointing at the both of you in shock. Some were even sending glares. VIXX, of course were shocked. It was obvious since their jaws were reaching the floor. Leo never approached a girl on his own accord.

‘Go away.’ You muttered, not looking at Leo’s face. You didn’t get a reaction. You looked up at Leo.

‘I said, off.’ You sternly said, looking straight at his face.

‘No, you said go away.’ Leo finally spoke with tofu in his mouth.

‘Well, get lost.’ You said, shooing him away. You didn’t want to garner any unwanted attention and trouble because of Leo.

‘Look, I want to help you.’ Leo sincerely said as he temporarily stopped eating. You made a face. Who needs his help when you could handle things on your own?

‘My Dad owns the best gangs in Asia and I can get some of his people to protect you.’ Leo suggested, before poking into his cabbage.

‘Don’t act like you are close to me or I’m weak just because you saved me from just one man who I could have managed by myself.’ You said, before standing up.

‘I’m done eating.’ You said, walking away to place the utensils back. *What a brag, so what if your Dad has the best gang in Asia? Don’t underestimate people from street basketball. * You thought, heading back to class.

How did you know they were from street basketball?

You figured out who the guy leading the masked men was.