Class Allocation

A Whole Lot of Ball Games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd4s1aVXKpU

Bang & Zelo - Never Give Up

 

The next week was the last week of school. Since there was a major streaming exam the following year, the class allocation would be released earlier and there were obviously extra classes to prepare the students ahead. The Monday blues were acting up since the schedule for extra classes during the holidays was going to be released.

*Extra lessons are such a turn off.* You thought, sighing in your seat. You were in your class and Mrs Tan, your form teacher, was announcing the school’s upcoming holiday plans.

‘During the holidays, there will be extra lessons for ALL subjects. It is compulsory and do not be late or disciplinary actions would be taken.’ Mrs Tan warned, earning whines from the class. You made a face. *Holiday plans, ruined.* You were planning to polish up on your basketball skills and maybe catch the NBA matches on television since the season was starting.

‘Shhhh! Keep quiet. One more important thing; lessons will be held in your new classes. I have received your results for the year end exam. I will now announce the new classes you will be in. Listen carefully, I will not REPEAT them.’ Mrs Tan added, lifting up another paper which was the allocation of classes. Your class buzzed around, but became quiet, anxious of their class allocation. *I hope I did well for my results.* You prayed, shutting your eyes tightly. You waited for your name to be called.

‘… Choi DanJae, Class 3C.’ You heard a few gasps. You were quite shocked too. Just like everyone else, you thought you would go to Class 3A, the top class. Instead, you ended up in the third class. You sighed. *What went wrong?*

You heard a few people saying how much you dropped in your grades while some others said that you were lucky to be in the top 3 classes. What do you expect? The class obviously takes notice of a nerd. You sighed. *I hope this doesn’t spread too much; the nerd not doing well for her exams.* You didn’t want people to think badly of you even though you didn’t like to be labelled as the nerd of the school.

You went home and of course all you wanted to do was just sleep it all away. Rest was what you needed before you pick yourself up again. You sighed, others had their parents or family but you had none. Your eyes grew watery as you snugged into your pilow. You hoped tomorrow would be a better day.

*Ringggg!* You yawned as you snooze your alarm. You washed up, ate your pancakes and headed to school.

Since it was the last week of the school term, the school had organised post-exam activities. You groaned, the school’s activities were not exciting at all and worse still, you had to spend it with your new class. *I bet I will be out casted again. Well, it’s not like I’m not now.* You wanted to stay in your current class because although they out casted you, they didn’t gossip about you or talk ill about you. You hoped that the new class would not be such gossipmongers.

First activity for the day was breakfast with the new class. You kept your head down as you dragged yourself to the new class venue. You were so reluctant to the extent that you were actually the last person to come in.

You were still muttering to yourself about how this so much. You stepped in the class.

‘I can’t believe I’m going through this.’ You angrily stomped your feet on the ground fiercely after muttering.

‘Ahem! Miss Choi.’ You immediately stood straight and looked up. *.* Your new form teacher, Miss Lim was staring at you in her seat. In fact, all of your classmates were staring at you. *Gahhhhh, this is so embarrassing.* You wanted to dig a hole to hide yourself.

‘Please take a chair and join the circle. Don’t be late next time.’ She said, not moving from her seat at the circle. You quickly took a chair nearby and avoided eye contact with anyone.

--

N was seating in his seat, beside Leo who was in the same class as he was. Both didn’t utter a word or give any response although there were girls giggling at them. They were just waiting for the activity to start.

‘Alright class! Let’s get into a circle. We are going to do some bonding activities.’ The teacher whose surname they didn’t remember called out; more like they didn’t listen to her when she was introducing herself.

They followed suit after everyone dragged their chairs. The girls were hoping that the two hotties would take a seat beside them.

‘Class 3-’ Miss Lim was interrupted by someone’s muttering. It wasn’t clear but N and Leo heard something but it was vague. It was something about ‘can’t believe.’ They raised an eyebrow. They looked up at the same time to see you talking to yourself. *Oh, it’s her.* N thought, cocking his head to his right.

You stomped and the class backed away slightly in their seat. N raised an eyebrow, but his mouth unconsciously hitched up.

‘What the heck.’ Leo said, making a face. N looked at him and chuckled at Leo’s expression.

‘Ahem! Miss Choi.’ The teacher said, making you look up. N could see your face reddening in embarrassment as you cursed under your breath. N chuckled and smiled. *Hmmm, Choi... Cute.* N stopped smiling when the thought crossed his mind.

*Da hell, N. What is wrong with you? The school nerd is cute to you?* N mentally slapped himself. He saw you take a seat opposite him at the circle. Your eyes never left your hands since you felt eye contact with anyone was too awkward.

‘So, shall we get back to what we were doing?’ Miss Lim said as she smoothed her skirt.