Who They Were

A Whole Lot of Ball Games

The day before, you had a lot of time to yourself at home to think about the group of masked men. You needed to know who they were. How were you going to tackle the situation without even knowing who was behind all these?

Although the radio was on, you didn’t listen to the music or the DJ’s voice but replayed the memory again and again, each time, slower.

You furrowed your eyebrows. *That scar on the robust guy, it looks like the one I gave to my gang member last time.* You flinched at the memory, you definitely didn’t want to revisit that again. You slumped into your sofa.

Oh dear, it seems like the alpha male and his pack of loyal wolves from your ex team were out to get you… but why?

---

‘How dare you guys come back in such a pity state?!’ The leader screamed at s who were wincing from the pain inflicted from the fight.

‘Worse still, you let her get away. Sometimes I wonder if I actually trained you guys properly.’ The alpha male heaved a sigh. *She was the best wolf I have trained but see what has happened.*

‘I’m sorry boss.’ The wolf leading the operation apologised.

‘Just find her and this time, bring her to me. Don’t let her get away again.’ He ordered, before sitting on his chair. *I’m Kim Won Yeol and no one messes with me and my pack.* He gritted his teeth as he played with the ring around his pinky finger.

---

School went past quickly after break since you didn’t have many classes that were dry. You slung your bag across your chest as you walked passed the basketball court while going home. *Maybe I should practice after completing my Math sums. Hmmm, maybe I should also start doing a rough outline of my repor-*

You froze. There were leaves rustling a distance away from you. You told yourself to be on guard since the masked men incident. You didn’t want to be taken by surprise and risk getting hurt. You cautiously lifted your right feet forward before taking another step. The rustling was heard again, as if it was you kicking the leaves.

You slowly placed your books on the ground and got into a fighting position.

‘Boo.’ You felt someone tapping your shoulder. As if on cue, you immediately threw a punch right in his face. Fortunately, Leo ducked and you missed.

‘Woah, nice reflexes.’ Leo said, made a face. *You almost hit my precious face.*

‘You are not bad yourself.’ You shot him a look. *Why the heck is he here? Did he freaking follow me home?* You picked up your books and continued your way home, ignoring his presence.

‘Why are you acting like a fugitive?’ Leo raised his eyebrows, catching up with your walking pace.

‘That’s none of your business.’ You replied, not even looking at his face.

*And they say I’m colder than anyone else.* Leo thought, unconsciously rolling his eyes.

‘I want to help you, okay? Especially after that incident.’ Leo walked in front of you, blocking your path. You let out a soft frustrated sigh.

‘Why would you want to do that?’ You retorted, placing your right hand on your hips. Leo bit his lower lip. *, what do I say?!  What do I say?! Think of something Leo, think!*

‘See, you have no reason to interfere with my business so please screw off.’ You shooed him away.

‘Wait! You saved Vixx from the fight with Led Apple the other day. We ought to help you too.’ Leo quickly replied before you pushed him out of the way.

*Oh really, the best help would be to act like you guys don’t know me at all.* You sighed. ‘Whatever. Just get out of my way.’ You walked past Leo, walking down a footpath that led to your lift lobby.

Leo fist pumped in the air. *Finally!*

Behind Leo, leaves rustled as a man left the scene.

‘I know where she stays now. Yes boss, I will continue to monitor her movements.’ He spoke discreetly into his phone.

===

A/N: Hello ~

I finally updated, I know.

I'm so sorry!

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter :D