Eagle Girl

A Whole Lot of Ball Games

You looked down at your heavy footstep down the hallway. The school term just started and the school was bustling and filled with so much more students compared to during the holidays.

*8am classes should be forbidden, urgh!* You sulked, finally looking up to find the student population, whispering among themselves and making way for you to pass by. You were uncertain whether all the commotion involved you but your suspicions were confirmed when one of the girls pointed at you to someone who seemed to be her boyfriend. You were about to roll your eyes but you felt a sudden panic wash over. *Did everyone know about the masked men and my basketball life? It must be VIXX, those big mouth s! No wonder everyone made way for me.* Your fist clenched tightly into a ball. One reason you didn't want to reveal your identity was because everyone would be afraid of you. You rather be called a nerd than to be known as the fierce bully in school.

You quicken your pace but instantly relaxed and slowed down when you heard a nearby student said something about locker. *Should have know that it's the usual nerd news around school.*

You yawned but stopped halfway when you spot N leaning against your locker. *Well well, no wonder everyone was whispering. It's the basketball star leaning on my locker door.*

'Good morning!' N greeted you with a bright smile. You looked at him with the what-the--are-you-doing-here look which he was totally oblivous about. Trust him to still be able to attract so many females.

'What are you doing here? Leaning against my property?' You pointed at your locker number, 27.

N turned to look at the number and back at you.

'Yeah, I know.' He blinked at you as if it was something normal for him to be at your locker.

You sighed dramatically. *Will this guy not make things so awkward? How am I suppose to answer to that?*

You shook your head and shoo-ed him away, opening your locker door. You wanted to get to class quickly especially with everyone looking at the both of you from a distance away, seemingly trying to fish some gossip for the next national headline to earn their first million.

'You know, you should totally join us for practice later after school. It would be quite refreshing to have someone like you to train with us.' N invited casually. You stopped reaching for your English book. *VIXX wants me, the nerd of the school to join them for practice? What a joke.* You kept in your scoff.

'Come on, you always seem so lonely. Join us and you never know, we might become best friends.' N said, patting on your back. You froze.

'You should join us, we might become best friends.'

*, not now DanJae.* You quickly shook off the flashback, slamming your locker shut after getiing your books. Everyone around flinched at the sudden slam.

'Woah, what was that for?' N questioned, raising one of his eyebrows.

You just stomped off, not hearing N. *Why do these memories haunt me every time?*

The whole day in school, although everyone was buzzing around about why N would even interact with someone like you, you didn't give a because of that damn flashback. Even N's constant staring at you during class didn't bother you at all.

Leo glanced at you occasionally during class, catching you just staring in to space. *Is she alright?* Your body was physically at your desk in class but your mind was elsewhere. It was pretty obvious there was something on your mind.

---

You were in your street basketball get up, ready to head for your personal training time with your alpha male. You dribbled your ball casually. The ball had a wolf symbol that resembled a fire, just like the tattoo you had on your ankle. Your leader customised and gave you this ball. He always thought you had the fire in you and your ceaseless passion for basketball and for the Wolf gang. Damn, he was right but maybe not about the gang part.

You were about to turn into the alley leading to the basketball court when you spotted a girl, similar to your age crouching at the alley's opening. *What is she doing here?* You squatted and met eyes with her. She looked up and you saw that she was bleeding and there were blood smeared near her lips.
 

'Hey, do you need help?' You said, behind your mask that covered half of your face up until beneath your nose bridge. You looked at her and caught a tattoo of an eagle in the foreground, overlapping a gun. *She's from the Eagle Clan.* You furrowed your eyebrows. Should you help her?

You were about to stand up to walk away when she spoke up.

'I got kicked out of my gang.' She looked up with a cold look. Her black hair was slighly curly and messed up. Her face was bruised quite a bit. You somehow felt her pain although she kept a poker face. You looked into her eyes and before she broke the eye contact, walking past you.

'Wait! You should join us, we might become best friends.' She stopped in your tracks at your words. You patted her back as she willingly let you lead her to your practice crib.

'Miss DanJae, can you tell me the S.I unit of resistance?' Your physics teacher, Miss Lay questioned you. You continued staring at the hair of the student in front of you.

'DanJae!' Miss Lay called out your name louder. This time, you snapped out of your train of thoughts when the student in front of you turned around.

'S.I unit of resistance?' Miss Lay prompted again, folding her arms.

'Ohms.' You easily replied, sitting up straight.

'I'm gonna let you off the hook today. Pay attention in class next time.' Miss Lay warned, approaching the whiteboard to write down the homework for the week.

You slumped back into your seat, ignoring the stares of students who were surprised at your unattentive behaviour in class.

Today was going to be a long day. You just know it.


=====

A/N:

Hello my lovely readers!

If you noticed, I actually changed the title of this story, the description and a bit of the foreword.
I'm so sorry for the sudden change because I had some ideas/inspiration that I wanted to input into this story.
Sorry for any inconvenience!

Thank you for supporting me and I hope you enjoyed this chapter ~