Chapter 09 - The Voices I Hear

Light's Off 인형
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID3]

Chapter 9

[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID2]The Voices I Hear[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID1]

Jihyun was awoken the next day by the sunlight that iluminated though out the room from the medium-sized window with a red maroon coloured curtain. She squinted due to the bright morning light. For the first time since she'd been stuck im the hellish school, she felt... good, waking up in the morning light. Usually her first thought was about scores and exam, this time she couldn't wait for breakfast.

Her lips curled into the happiest smile she could do. She shifted into her sitting position and was rather shocked by her sight.

This must be a horrible nightmare,

She thought. She rubbed her eyes, bit the edge of her tongue, slapped her face—none of those worked, to erase the first most dreadful sight in the morning.

The doll was there.

Sitting—its mouth didn't change from the horrible smirk—in front of her bed. 

Jihyun's eyes widened from the harrowing view. It sent her goosebump to all over her weakened body. This should've not been happening. He burnt the thing yesterday for sure. There was Sehun, he saw her burning the doll.

I swear I've burned it, this can't be happening.

She quickly snapped out of her deep thoughts, out on her slippers and grabbed the doll by its hair. 

She had enough of this. That thing was driving her nuts. She didn't know what to do, unfortunately, she didn't have anywhere to go—that was if, there was someone who believe that the cute little doll thingy, was always moving by its own will—who would ever believe such thing in this era?. Besides, the doll was too cute to be evil.

She opened her closet that was located next to her bed, and put it back where it belong. She should've never known about it, Sehun should've never found it. He should've never got into her room without any good reasons. Because she always hated to face things that were lack of scientific explainations, she hated to face problems that weren't supposed to happen, with least chance of finding the way out. Furthermore, she never believed in supernatural things—she never did encountered once.

Maybe she should meet up with a psychiatrist, there was one of her father's friend who was a psychiatrist. Or maybe she should go to a psychic.

She shook her head, nevermind all of that. She must be out of her mind to actually thought about needing help for her mental. She was competely fine, her surrounding was not.

 

~

 

"Ms. Jung, last warning." The physics teacher declared, and Krystal pouted. She was disturbing the exam with giggles and paper balls. 

Jihyun had done it at the first thirty minutes of a two hours exam with fifty multiple choices and five essays. She never had trouble with physics, it was her favorite subject besides chemistry and history.

Krystal's paper ball hit Jihyun for the twelfth times, but she kept her patience. Krystal was not worth it.

"God, Soojung. Cut it out." Sehun whispered. Jihyun didn't care if he was defending her, but it just made Krystal wanna throw more paper balls of jealousy.

"Mr. Oh, do you want to accompany your girlfriend at detention? Because she'd got one." Mr. Han said. Krystal cursed and Sehun apologized.

"What're you smiling at, freak?" she said and threw another paper ball at Jihyun.

"Jung Soojung, out!" Mr. Han threw a marker at her. Without saying anything but a bitter look on her face, she stormed out of the class and everything became quieter.

Jihyun was checking her answer for the third time, she'd always wanted perfect scores. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter