A Walk Through the Park

She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not

I watched as the girl walked right out of the café stunned. Not only did she not recognize me. She completely blew me off as well. They were right about nice guys getting the short end of the stick. She was probably going back to that guy. But what did it matter? I did my good deed.

“Feel better now? Now that I’m done babysitting I have to go.”

TOP walked out leaving just Seungri, Daesung and Jiyong.

“Why’d you help that girl?”

You know it’s bad when Jiyong starts to worry.

“You’re way too nice hyung.”

Daesung was fiddling with his hands which meant he had somewhere else to be but didn’t want to be rude and just leave.

“You guys can leave. I’m just going to finish my coffee then go.”

I got a farewell and they all went on their way. The instant they left I waited a moment before getting up and leaving as well. I just wanted to be alone. I stepped out into the slightly chilled autumn air and took a deep breath. My chest felt heavy and I couldn’t understand why? I walked to the nearest park and sat down on the bench. I just stared off into the distance until I heard someone next to me.

“So what’s your name?”

Zoey’s POV

After leaving the café I just wandered to a nearby park and just walked along a path. After about my third time I noticed Mohwak was sitting on a bench. I felt bad for completely blowing him off. Yes he hit me with a door, but he more than made up for it. I stopped and just stared at him for a while before I finally walked over and sat down next to him. He didn’t do anything so I just spoke up.

“So what’s your name?”

When he turned to look at me he seemed surprised by my presence. He also didn’t answer my question.

“Alright…..never mind then.”

I got up to leave but he jumped up and stood in front of me waving his hands.

“No! No! Wait…I’m Taeyang.”

I loved the fact that he didn’t grab me to force me to stay. He must be a good guy. Who am I kidding? He helped a complete stranger. He’s like a guy from a fairytale. A real knight in shining armor. I quickly shook my head. This wasn’t a story. This was life. Really life and he was like every other guy. Nothing to get caught up over.

“Well I’m Zoey. I just wanted to say thanks for earlier is all.”

He just nodded his head as he repeated my name.

“Well anyways…thanks and…yeah.”

I walked away and half expected him to come and stop me. When he didn’t I felt a little disappointed. He didn’t even ask where I was going. Guess he isn’t a knight after all.

“Hold up!”

Can the boy read minds?

“Do you need a taxi? I don’t think you should go alone.”

I didn’t have the energy to argue so I just shrugged and waited.

“Okay. So I’ll get a taxi and you can tell the driver where to go.”

Can you que the awkward silencne? I don’t feel like talking and he seems completely out of his element. It’s kind of cute. The whole ride was in silence. Dead silence and he wasn’t pushy or touchy. Very different than the guys I know. The taxi pulled up to my sisters house and I got out to go to the door when I finally broke our mutual silence.

“Look I’m not a poor little puppy you have to watch. I’m a big girl. I can take care of myself.”

“I know. It’s just polite.”

Oh god. He’s polite. I think it’s about time I nipped this in the .

“Look. You’re a nice guy and all but…”

“You see me as a friend.”

“No. Actually I would eat a good guy like you for breakfast. So this is where we say our good-byes.”

He didn’t answer but nodded and just stood there.

“Look I told you-“

“I’m just waiting for you to get in safely.”

Man I feel like a . I need to get away from Mohawk and fast. I hate misunderstanding his courtesy as something else. I knocked and practically dropped to my knees to beg that she would open the door fast enough. “What the hell?! Oh…hey Zoe what are you doing here?”

“Had a fight with Minjun again so I’ll have to stay here for a while.”

Nana just nodded her head and held the door open for me. I turned back to wave at Mohawk so he would know I made it in. It was the least I could do after I ruined the poor boys day. I sighed as I plopped down on Nana’s couch. “Gotta love Mondays.”

Taeyang’s POV

After she went into her sister’s house I started walking. It would be a while before I made it back to the dorm and I prayed with everything I had that no fans would notice me. I needed to walk though. Too much on my mind. Plus the last thing I wanted to do was walk into the wolf’s den any faster. Zoey. Her name was Zoey. She hates me though. Should I care? No. Do I? Sadly I do. Every chance she could she struck me down. Maybe she was right. She could completely demolish a guy like me. Plus she already has a boyfriend. Even if he was a pompous prick. Zoey. Why do I keep saying her name? Ugh this girl is driving me crazy.