Coming to Terms

She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not

Zoey’s POV

It was so awkward being in the same room with him but I couldn’t look away from him. I stared as the woman bandaged his arm up.

“Zoey.”

I looked up to his face and saw that it was completely hard from seriousness.

“We need to talk.”

“What’s there to talk about? Didn’t you read the letter?”

“Letter?” We both looked at Jiyong to show him that he wasn’t welcome in our conversation.

“Well…maybe we should go Ji.”Nana got up to leave and Jiyong quickly followed after. “Yeah we probably should. See ya’ll later.”

After the door closed, the room was filled with a very uncomfortable silence.

“Why’d you leave?” Taeyang didn’t raise his gaze from his arm.

“I’d like to know that too.” TOP on the other hand was staring Asia down.

Asia and I were both caught off guard. I hate talking about this. Isn’t it bad enough that I have to see him again. Fate really hates me.

“Umm…” Is all they got from both of us.

“Do we have to leave? I’ll take this damn IV out again!”

Asia quickly sat up in protest. “No!”

“It’s okay. We’ll leave.” I didn’t get to question Taeyang before he got up and grabbed me by my elbow pulling me out the room.

I didn’t know where he was taking me but it made no sense to fight about it. We finally stopped at the roof top garden they had at the hospital.

“So. Why did you leave? Better yet, what was that letter about?”

Nana’s POV

We walked to the cafeteria and both got a coffee before we sat down at an empty table.

“The drama never ends with them.” It’s like he read my mind about Asia and Zoey.

He must get a lot of problems from those two as well.

“Tell me about it.” We both just smiled before we went to take a drink from our coffee.

There was something I wanted to know though.

“Ji?”

“Yeah?” He looked up at me and I almost lost my nerve to ask.

He looked absolutely amazing.

“Why did your demeanor change the other night?”

He gave a crooked smile that almost landed me on my , even though I was already sitting!

“It’s just everyone to pry into my life 24/7. It was nice to have someone who genuinely just wanted to listen. You never once interrupted or asked for more.”

I was glad I could do that for him. I didn’t even try. I smiled thinking of how he appreciated me.

“You’re definitely a good friend.”

Oh God. He said it. I’m a friend. He made me up just to tear me down.

“You okay?”

“Yeah. Fine.” Let’s go check on the others.” I got up and started walking towards the stairs when I saw Asia and TOP coming down holding hands. Fingers interlocked even.

“Oh, Nana.”

“When did this happen?”

She just shrugged.

“It hasn’t. Working on it though.” TOP smirked as he pulled Asia away, leaving me there with Ji again.

I somehow didn’t believe them and was pissed. Now everyone had someone but me. My someone put me in the friend zone. I took in a deep breath to calm down before I whispered to myself. “ my life.”

Asia’s POV

“Okay. We’re alone. Now talk.”

I fiddled with my fingers since I was nervous. I knew why I left and I didn’t want to tell him. I hadn’t even told the girls yet.

“It’s not that hard to answer. Why did you leave me?”

I don’t know if it was the tone or the fact that he said I left him that upset me. Either way my shyness quickly dissipated.

“I didn’t leave you. I left the situation.”

“Why?”

“Because I know that only happened since I was an easy target. The instant you knew you could get in my pants you tried. To you this is a game but I don’t want to get hurt. That’s why I left.”

 After I finished I looked up to a stone faced Seunghyun. A staring match ensued that seemed to last forever before he broke the silence. “I always liked you.”

“What?” I was genuinely shocked by what he said.

“I liked you from the first time you smart mouthed me. I never did anything because I thought you hated me, but yesterday I knew you like me after we gave your phone back but it wasn’t until after we locked eyes when I was rapping that I knew you wanted me too. So I wanted to win you before you changed your mind.”

“But-“

“No but. I really want you. So let me have you.”

God when he said it like that It was hard to say no.

“We can have a date night tonight before you make your decision.”

I smirked as I looked down blushing. So the jerk has a romantic side. I nodded my head before he came over taking my hand.

“Well then. Let’s go.” We walked out of the hospital room hand in hand.

Zoey’s POV

“I already told you.”

“That I’m a mistake? Next you’ll tell me that you still want to be friends.”

“Yes I do. What’s wrong with that?”

 I’d never seen Taeyang act this way. Yeah he was pissed and he had every right to be but it seemed like he was just looking for a fight right now.

“I can’t just be friends with you! That option went out the window the first day I kissed you!”

“It was supposed to just be fun. I’m not really like that. I’m not gentle. I’m not submissive. I take charge.”

He jerked back slightly shocked by my admission.

“Why act different for me?”

I couldn’t believe he was so naïve about the situation.

“Because you’re innocent. This is why we won’t work. I don’t want to hurt you.”

He put his unbandaged hand to his chin as he thought about something. What I wouldn’t give to read his mind in this moment.

“Don’t worry about that then.”

“Worry about what?” Now I was confused. I had no idea what he was talking about.

“Don’t worry about hurting me. Just be you.”

He must have been off his rocker. I thought he was crazy but he was dead serious. I just took in a deep breath and looked at him.

“Fine. We’ll try my way.”