Presentation of the Project

Find the Real Me

Minah's POV

Soooo...Today's the day...project presentation day. 
I'm so nervous my heart is beating 10x faster than usual, and I'm not even at school yet! What if I have a major fail...I'll be made fun of even more than I usually do. I can't do this I 100% can't do this. Just then Hyorin came in my room.

"Woah... you look differnt...Did you get any sleep last night?! Those dark circles are making you look like a panda!"

"No...I started thinking abou my skill presentation today...Ms.Hwang said that there was gonna be a camera recording my every move! What if I mess up and like they release the video I'll be so embarssed I might as well be homeschooled!"

"Calm down Miss Bundle of Sunshine. Show me your face." and I did.

"I can fix your dark circles, but you got to handle the rest. Show a little confidence."

"....I don't know if makeup can help me..."

"Just trust my makeup skills. Come on go to my room after you change your clothes." Sigh..I changed into my uniform and brushed my teeth. I walked into unnie's room and she was there with her makeup set, brushes and all. 

"Just take a seat and let me work my magic." 

"Alright." She but on concealer, BB cream, and a whole lot of other things I don't even know the name of. After 10 minutes she stoped.

"Perfect!" I opened my eyes. I was so surprised! Was the person in mirror really me?!

"Unnie, is this really me?!"

"Yep. Though I may have gone a litle overboard haha I was having a little too much fun I did more than just BB cream and concealer. Your pretty." Me pretty? My face still looks like my face but...my skin looks brighter my eyes look more defined.

"Thank-you unnie, but even with this make-up on I'm not sure I can pull this off."

"Be confident Minah! Just put on your glasses and that'll tone down the look." She put my glasses on my face. I look the same as usual I guess? Well the make-up doesn't look to excessive so no one should be able to notice it.

"You can do this ok, it's nothing to be nervous about. Just keep taking deep breaths and you'll be fine ok. Now let's head to school." I just hope that I can pull this off and go home... We headed off to school.

LATER AT SCHOOL

Class started as usual. No pranks, no "you're such an ugly pig", well not yet at least. Soon break came. I walked out to my locker and put away my books. Oh I almot forgot, today's schedul is different because today is project and audition day. That's right V's auditioning today. I closed my locker to find V standing right there. Woah speak of the devil.

"Yo Minah! Ah- I mean Minah-shi." 

"Oh- ah it's fine call me whatever suits you best..." I told him quietly.

"Oh really? Then Minah it is. Since we are friends right? Let's just forget the formalities. Try just calling me V. I wanna hear it." He flashed a charming smile at me. I felt flustered...Wait did he just say we're friends?

"...V...." I just said it as quietly as possible. He chuckled

"Anyways Minah, today's the day. I hope you'll do well. Don't be be nervous, you got this." His words made my heart skip a beat.

"Ah thank-you..." V seemed a little anxious like he had something to say.

"So..Since I just wished you good luck, I was wondering if you could...maybe wish me good luck before my audition?" I was shocked looked up for a moment then quickly looked back down. Why me of all people? I'm sure his fans would be glad to cheer him on. But maybe I should...

"I mean you don't have to, but-"

"Ok." I replied 

"Really?" I gave him a nod.

"Wow, thanks Minah. I'll be waiting." He gave me a happy smile. Then I saw BTS walking down the hall towards us. Then the screaming started. Yep there are the fangirls.

"Yo V let's go." Rap Monster said. V nodded

"Sorry gotta go, but I'll see you later. Good luck." V said as he walked away. I just waved. Then Jungkook approached me. 

"Sorry noona, but we gotta borrow him. I hope we didn't interrupt anything."

"Oh no...there's nothing to interrupt..." 

"Oh that's good ah- I mean bad? Haha sorry just ignore that. Um where's your strong protective friend? She hasn't kicked me yet so I'm guessing she isn't around today?" He gave a small chuckle. 

"Jungkook! Let's go!"

"Yes hyung, coming! Later noona." He quickly ran towards the rest of the group. Then after they left their fangirls quickly started to stare at me. Oh no... 

"Why was OUR Jungkookie talking to you?!"

"Why were you talking to V oppa?!" 

"Ah-I.It's nothing like that...I-"

"Don't worry it's not like their gonna ask the nerd out. Stop wasting your time." The girls quickly dispersed. Phew. 

V's POV

I think my conversation with Minah went really well. I got her to say my name. When she said my name earlier I think my heart skipped a beat. Do I like her? No we're just friends. She's just being a friend and supporting me that's all. Yeah. I can't believe she really agreed to cheer me on.  I wish I could have talked to her more... hyungs had to ruin it...wait no why am I upset? Wait why was Jungkook talking to her afterwards? Was he saying something stupid and embaressing or what? My head is starting to hurt. I'm overthinking things... I got more things to worry about, not the Minah isn't important. She's important to me? Ughhh I don't know anymore! (Mental screaming) What am I going to do during the audition?  really hope I don't mess up. I mean I'm confident, but maybe my skills aren't good enough for advanced majors... Well I guess we'll see later today.

Minah's POV

Breathe. Deep breaths. Almost time for me to present. Nothing to be nervous about. Just a simple assignment. I can do this. I can't let V's effort to help me go to waste. 

"It's your turn." The girl who walked out of the room said to me as she passes by. Ok I can do this. I walked into the room. Ms.Hwang was sitting there with a clip board and pen in hand. 

"Ok Minah, you can start whenever you feel you're ready. It's only mandatory that we have the camera. Only me and the staff will be able to see anything filmed. So no need to be nervous." She gave me a smile. I took a deep breath.

"Ok. I'm ready." The music started and I just let my body move. I may not be good, but I'll try my best. Then te song came to an end. I turned ot see Ms.Hwang with a suprised look on her face.

"I never knew you had this kind of talent in you Minah! How come you never auditioned?"

"I never thought I had the talent to...it's just a hobby...dancing." 

"This is more than a hobby. You have potential. I can see it. I would know, trust me. I do teach singing for advanced majors, I have seen those kids dance before. You are definately up to par with them."

"No really I-"

"If you ever want to audition or talk to me about advanced majors you are welcome to talk to me anytime." I just gave a small nod.

"How was working with Mr.Kim?"

"It was nice...He helped me a lot..."

"It's good to hear. I can see that you that there was definately teamwork involved when I had seen you two at practice. Thank-you for coming today, you were very brave to.  You seem a little more confident after working with Mr.Kim." Is that true? I seem more confident?

"Please send in the next student." I head outside to tell the next person to go in. I tapped the girl's shoulder.

"Ugh what do you want pig?"

"Uh-um It's-"

"Well?! Spit it out!"

"It's your turn..."

"Oh thanks piggy. By the way how baddly did you do?"

"I bet she couldn't do anything!" Her buddy exclaimed.

"Her talent is being a nobody!" The girl laughed. I just walked away with nothing to say. I could hear them continuing to laugh as I walked away.

"Even with V's help she stil has no talent. I should have been V's partner, but whatever." Was the last thing I had heard them say.

LUNCH

I was up on the roof as usual with Hyomin at my side. We shared lunch and discussed what happened during class. Oh shoot it's almost time for auditions. I should go wish V good luck. Just as I got up the loudspeaker came on.

Loudspeaker: Attention all students, attention all students. Due to certain complications, auditions will be held after school instead of durng lunch time. We apoligize for the complications, and we hope to see pleanty of you there. I guess I'll just have to go meet him after my last class.

BELL RINGS

Classes continued to pass by and soon it was the end of the day. I was about to leave then 2 girls approached me. 

"Hey pig. Could you do after class clean up for me? I don't want to do it because I had plans to hangout with my friends." I can't I have to go wish V good luck...

"I can't-"

"What you what? Maybe I should say this more directly. You're gonna stay after school clean up for me. Got it?" Just then he teacher came in.

"Hey, Ji Ah you're supposed to be cleaning up." The teacher said to her

"Oh Teacher, Minah said she wants to do it instead of me. So I'll get going now."

"Oh really, well as long as it gets done."

"Wait-" They all left the room. What do I do?! This room is such a mess. How will I get to V in time?!