Chapter 8 – Embarrassment Commence

Fangirls: Secret vs Dream

 

 

              I swear, that got me and my friends really shocked.

 

              That those people,

 

              The ones who held the audition,

 

              Right at the moment in our country and particularly in our school,

 

              Were really SM Entertainment’s employees’ and…

 

              One of them; we actually met him before the audition.

 

              He asked us to be a trainee…

 

              BUT! Because of our—my stupid conclusion we run away from him thinking that it was just a trick.

 

              And now we meet him today again…

 

              He doesn’t like us, not one bit.

 

 

              I sighed.

 

              “Hey, would you stop that… Come on, get off the cab already, were’ here.” Kay nudged me.

 

              I looked at her then out the window;

 

              Yup we’re here.

 

              I got off first while the rest followed. I looked at the very large 2 story building. Everyone decided to go to the mall; to celebrate and things like that. I tried shaking the sadness away from me so I won’t spoil my friends’ fun.

 

              “Alright! Get ready for a MALL-velous Day!” Kay animatedly shouts and walked ahead of everyone towards the entrance. The rest of us just laughed and shook our heads.

 

              “Word-playing isn’t your thing, deary.” I run ahead of her beating her 1st on the reaching the entrance whilst patting her shoulder when I passed her. I started laughing when she stuck her tongue out at me and I did the same.

 

              “So what first?” Nica asked when we were already walking around the first floor.

 

              “Of course, to the Ice Pot, where every K-Pop fans hang out in this city.” Both Kay and I smugly answered and started leading the way as the rest followed suit.

 

              We went to the 2nd floor and walked towards the right and soon enough all of us could hear music that we really love blasting; we can hear it clearly very though we’re still a bit far away from the stand.

 

              It’s not really that big, it’s placed in the middle along with other stands. We’re usual costumers there so we know the employees there. As soon as we got there; I saw my close ‘unnie’ that works there. When she saw us she smiled brightly and we did as well and we always bow to each other every time we meet.

 

              “Annyeong!” All of us greeted at the same time and laughed.

 

              “Annyeong Unnie… I’m here… again.” I cutely said as I skipped first towards our usual table; at the front center.

 

              “You were with your family the other day, right?” She asked me and I nodded enthusiastically and she laughed as she smiled at me and went inside the counter to get our order.

 

              They didn’t have to be told what our orders were because it’s always the same. Since I was the first to get to the table I was in the middle facing the wide screen TV where music videos are being played. The rest were fighting between the two available seats that were facing the TV.

 

              So yeah… the people who were too slow were Sam, Anne and Steph. While Kay, Nica and I were all facing the screen and the other three were sulking but they turned their heads towards it.

 

              “Ugh.” I sighed.

 

              “Hey we came here to celebrate not to sulk—what are you even sulking about.” Steph who was in front of me scowled at me and I just stuck my tongue at her.

 

              “It’s just that… did you recognize the judges? Well the particularly the judge next to our principal?” I looked at them.

 

              “Hmm… OH!” Nica said while pointing her index finger.

 

              “Oh, I don’t remember… Ha-ha, sorry.” All of us faced palm and rolled our eyes at her.

 

              “He was the guy at park, when we were recording our covers!” Sam poked Nica’s forehead and laughed.

 

              “Ohh… Yeah, so?” Nica raised her eyebrow.

 

              “So? So that means he was really a real employee of SM ent! Duh!” I looked at her with bewildered expression.

 

              “And we run away from him, so he might hate us. And since he’s from SM… We might”—

 

              “Not have a chance to be trainees?” Nica finished Steph’s sentence and we all nodded.

 

              “Oh.”

 

 

              After awhile; our orders came and so we forgot the conversation for awhile and enjoyed our food, while enjoying watching MVs.

 

              ‘Yo, Okay… y~’

 

              Jajjan!

 

              We started hitting each other while fighting back a scream whilst bouncing on our sits. I was practically hitting both my side so Kay and Nica moved away from me.

 

              “OMO! OMO! OMO! Tao! Baekhyun! Kyaa! Sooo cutexy!” I was literally flailing my hands around while my eyes were only on the screen.

 

              “Kai! So freaking hot! Wae you so great at dancing?! OMO!” Kay finally joined me and started hitting me too so we were now hitting each other. REALLY HARD.

 

              Soon enough everyone was hitting each other, getting a glimpse of their bias on the MV. I say it has a different feeling when you see your bias on your computer than other things for example; seeing a poster of him in public, hearing their song in public and seeing them on screen in public.

 

              But there are things that won’t change no matter what either publically or at your house… People around you witnessing your fangirling would always look at you funny; like you’d had gone crazy or something. BUT. I DON’T REGRET ANYTHING!

 

              “Gosh, never had I fan girl this hard to other groups other than EXO.” Steph stated.

 

              Kay and I looked at each other and shrugged reading each other’s thoughts exactly, “Eh… I say; I really fan girl hard on Super Junior still.” I grinned and Kay nodded.

 

              “Yeah, Super Junior can’t replace my heart.” I nodded too.

 

              After awhile we just rest there, a bit tired of fan girling and all. We just talked here and there and then suddenly Anne opens a topic catching all our attention.

 

              “We have to make a promise.” Anne breathes in while closing her eyes and opened it again. All of us looked at her puzzled on what the heck is she talking about.

 

              “Girl, I think your ice cream gone through your head.” I joked and laughed at my own lame joke. FOREVER ALONE.

 

              “I mean is that… If we get accepted being a trainee, I think we should promise to keep being a fangirl a secret.” She said.

 

              “Huh? Why?” Sam beat me to it; she asked what I was going to ask.

 

              I kept quiet and thought why by myself.

 

              If we’re trainee and we’re k-pop fans would mean, “People would only think the reason why we wanted to be trainees was because to get closer to our bias.” I mumbled out loud or more like I asked.

 

              “Yup, that’s right. They would say; we’re not really serious about this and we only take advantage on being near our idols.” Anne nodded agreeing with me and I nodded.

 

              “Alright, whatever. We’ll prove them wrong. Yeah, getting closer to our idols is part of it but we know that we want this because it’s our dream to perform on stage and touch people’s heart with our music.” Kay stood up and clenched her fist and places it on her chest where her heart is and looked down while closing her eyes looking serious.

 

              We all blinked at her and then burst into laughter. I was literally laughing without noise and clapping my hands like a retarded seal. Sam laughed while flying backwards almost falling off her chair. Nica laughed slowly crawling down her chair. While the other two just laughed.

 

              “Got a little sentimental there dude. I think we need a little dose of craziness.” Nica smirked. Kay snaps back and laughed, and I think everyone is thinking the same thing now.

 

              “Oh please, no… Not that… Please…” I begged; all my laughter died down and faded away when Nica said that.

 

              I swear it’s not fun when this moment happens. We—they always have this special event every time we come to the mall, I swear, If I could, I would ditch or even try running away but I can’t. There is a very large penalty if you can’t achieve it.

 

              When Kay calls today a Mall-velous (Marvelous) Day… I say Mall-iffying (Terrifying) Day. People, I’m not good at word-play as well, so bare with it. As I was saying you may think I’m over reacting, no… It’s totally necessary to over react to this.

 

              Kay and Nica call it ‘Mall-derous (dangerous) DARE’ I know face-palm.

 

              But I say… When they say dangerous dare, I swear… You’re face, and social life is in danger when you play this. You’re pride gets away by this. The one that always make this things is Nica and Kay, I would contribute too if I’m in the mood to ruin my self-esteem.

 

              I may be mischievous, yeah only in familiar place but in a mall where A LOT of people come here and I don’t know like 99% of the people here. That’s right, I’m afraid of strangers. T_T

 

              “So I came up with some dares… I’ll just say it in advance, if someone gets to pick the worse one… I’m sorry; I really badly want someone to do this. And I made one ‘Safe’ like we always do and a number who would go in order.” Nica smiled in a very scary way which crept me out because I know that entire thing is worse!

 

              Safe! Come to mama! SAFE! SAFE! PLEASE I DON’T WANT TO DO THIS!

 

              All of us took one rolled up piece of paper and we all looked at it privately first. I was literally leaning back so no one could peek at mine. I glance at everyone else and back at my paper.

 

              ‘Go up to a huge group of GUYS and pick one of them, act that he’s your cheating boyfriend and SLAP him and CRY walking running away’ –no.6

 

              FUUUUUDGGGGEEEEE!!! NNIIIIIICCCAAAA!

 

              “YES! SAFE! But… AWWW, I wanted to do a dare.” Kay pouted and scowled.

 

              I scowled at Nica and she saw me looking at her and she just smiled at me, “What’d you get?” “Alright, let’s get going!” She cheered and everyone got up and followed her to who knows where—the center area of the mall on the 2nd floor.

 

              “Okay, who’s 1st?” She asked.

 

              Anne raised her hand and step forward and read her dare, “Act like your lost and talk to someone and ask ‘Have you seen my mom?’ and cry while sitting on the floor.” Anne sighed while the rest of us giggled.

 

              “Go Go! Ppali, there are still 4 other people with dares…”

 

              So yeah, Anne went to the 1st floor to the center area where we could have an aerial view of her from the 2nd floor. I laughed, but I thought again… I’d be doing a dare too.

 

              And of course, we’re going to record it.

 

              All of us looked at Anne, she started acting and walking around like she was really lost and I saw from above that her lips where twitching to give out a laugh so she clenched her fist and placed it near and acted like a lost puppy.

 

              Soon enough, there was a lady with a daughter next to her who was walking towards her just passing by but Anne quickly caught up with the lady who looked startled. We were all fighting back a laugh, seeing the situation.

 

              We still could hear their conversation from down there.

 

              “Have you seen my mom?” Anne suddenly asked; jumping towards the lady making the lady startled.

 

              “Huh? Why are you lost?” And Anne just nodded, “Have you seen her?”

 

              Then suddenly Anne went down quickly and started crying out loud like a toddler would do, and the lady started panicking and looked around, while the daughter was hiding behind her mom.

 

              “Ahh! Wait a minute; I’ll call a security guard.” The lady said.

 

              Oh no. Our eyed widen when she said that, and we started panicking as well. Anne would be in great trouble because of this. I saw Anne also getting nervous and looked up at us.

 

              “Run away!” I mouthed panicking.

 

              “Go!” The rest of my friends said.

 

              Anne looked at the lady, and then to the side, “MOM?!” She acted like she saw someone from the escalator.

 

              “MOM!” She yelled and run towards the escalator, my friends ran towards where Anne ran to but I stayed and saw the lady looked surprised and then she suddenly looked up and we met eyes.

 

              I widen my eyes and quickly run away to catch up to the rest.

 

              Fudge she saw me!

 

 

              So… moving on… After that frightening moment, I told you this would be a bad!

 

              “Next!” I glared at Kay’s enthusiasm.

 

              “You’re just excited because you’re not going to get embarrassed today.” I remarked and she just shrugged and laughed.

 

              Sam held her hand up and read her dare, “Faint where there are a lot of people.” She quickly said.

 

              I widen my eyes, no way.

 

              “Switch with me! NOW!” I demandingly said, making her look at me funny.

 

              “Switch with me now! Please! NICA! Tell her to switch with me.” I whined like a kid while pointing at Sam.

 

              Nica laughed, “Sorry, I actually put it so you might have a chance to finally achieve one your crazy bucket list wishes, but hey, you already had used your switch the last time we came here… sorry you know the rules.” She shrugged.

 

              “SO MEAN! I want that… I always wanted to faint in public!” I threw a childish tantrum but I was ignored. FOREVER ALONE I say.

 

 

              So now Sam is going to do her dare, which I would have suggested that I would do it willingly. But NOOO, I can’t switch anymore. So like Anne, she went far away from us but still in the 2nd floor at the entrance to the arcade, while we were at the food court, having a clean view of her, and I already had the camera in my hands as I zoomed towards Sam.

 

              “I wanted to do that, I wouldn’t even complain.” I mumbled only to be smacked by Steph and I shrugged and watched already.

 

              “The plan is, when she faints, all of us rush there to get here as soon as people notice her, alright?” And we just nodded.

 

              I could see Sam already at the sea of people; there are a lot of people at the arcade so it the best place to faint.

 

              The next thing I saw was Sam falling down the floor, lying lifelessly… Very believable I say. Then I heard someone yell, “AHHH! OH NO!” Everyone around her stopped and looked at her and quickly crowded her.

 

              “Call the guards or some nurse out there!” Someone yelled.

 

              And that was our cue to run towards there. I swear Sam was getting a lot of attention because some people who weren’t even in the area went running here as well. HMPH I wanted to faint!

 

              “I’m a nurse!” Someone yelled and went walking further inside the crowd.

 

              Double FUDGE!

 

              “Dude!” I yelled as the camera in my hands was getting shaky because we were trying to get inside the crowd.

 

              “EXCUSE ME! That’s our friend!” I yelled as I passed the camera to Anne and she was the one videoing now.

 

              Nica, Kay, Steph and I went to Sam and started lifting her. I looked at the nurse and she eyed us because she already checked Sam. I gulped and looked away, “Idiot… She knows.” I whispered where Sam could hear.

 

              “I know, she didn’t say anything after checking me.” She answered.

 

              “That was close!” Kay yelled when we got away from the crowd and we couldn’t see them anymore.

 

              “Close? That was it actually! We’re in trouble!” Steph said.

 

              “My turn!” Nica cheered which we just glared at her.

 

              “Really? Right now? We just got away from trouble just a second ago.” Anne said.

 

              “Come on… my dare… Go to the emergency elevator from the 1st floor and once the door opens on the 2nd floor, dance Gangnam Style… P.S. The elevator scene to be precise.” She said in a monotone.

 

              I know she doesn’t like that too.

 

              But… HA-HA… Serves you right.

 

              I swear… Embarrassment is staying longer than expected today. First at school now THIS!

 

              PLEASE… I just want to meet EXO, that’s all.

==============================================================================

HARHAR xD

Part two will be next ! :D