Chapter 1 – A Small Glance

Fangirls: Secret vs Dream

 

Few years ago…
 
    I looked around the place and then at my friends. My eyes landed on Steph where she and I met eyes and she quickly opens her arms wide, that was my turn to run to her and hugged her really tight.
 
    I buried my face on her neck and I could feel her hug me tighter.
 
    “I can’t believe this is happening,” I was already sobbing and my words were kind of blur but I guess my friends understood it.
 
    “Don’t worry, just keep your head held up and try to hope for the best.” I heard Sam’s comforting voice.
 
    “I guess that’s the only thing we can do and we should also do our best and stay strong.” Nica said in a low but firm voice.
 
    I let go of Steph and looked at each one of them, I tried wiping off the tears but Steph stopped me and handed me a tissue and she smiled at me making me chuckle, “I know.”
 
    I just can’t believe it. We’ve work hard on this, we tried to reach our dreams, we’ve even try to sacrifice our lives for our dreams. I’m so surprised and speechless about this. I can’t really put it in words and just basically cry.
 
    “Okay, are you all ready for this?” Anne looked at each on of us as we were standing in a small circle and each of us nodded out heads.
 
    I took in a deep, deep breath before walking ahead of all of them and then I felt a hand holding mine and I glance back to see Kay smiling at me and I saw she was holding hands with Nica and then on my other hand was Steph’s.
 
    I smiled and looked ahead, “Let’s go guys. It’s time to go.”
 
    We walked towards the light; one bright light that seems like eye-blinding brightness, where our future lies ahead.
 
~*~*~o0o~*~*~
 
             I stretched my arms out and let out a groan as I tried to lift my eyes open whilst scratching my head. I glance around the place, too bright for my eyes.
 
             My room; one huge bed, a wooden cabinet, an old drawer, a study desk and a small TV, I looked at the side to the walls of my room. There I saw my K-Pop posters all sticking, suddenly my lips started to curve upwards and I took in a deep breathe.
 
 
             I stood up and stretched again. Suddenly I stopped and furrowed my eyebrows.
 
             “I had the strangest dream,” I mumbled to myself.
 
             “I was crying and so were my friends. I couldn’t clearly see where we were. But it felt so real.” I kept talking to myself and finally shook the thoughts off and stood up.
 
             I was still too lazy to move from where I was standing, just then I was startled to death when I saw my grandmother barging in the room.
 
             “Aish this kid,” She muttered but I could perfectly hear it.
 
             “Kay is at the living room waiting for you.” With that she left the room.
 
             I was still standing there with my arms around my body in a protective way, and then it hit me.
 
             “KAY!” I yelled and grabbed my bath towel and clothes and run out the room towards the bathroom to take a shower while stumbling on my way there.
 
             After that morning routine which was really short because I move really fast, I was already dressed in my uniform and head out of my room whilst combing my hair as I walked towards the living room where I saw Kay sitting comfortably at the couch.
 
             She saw me and she quickly glared at me but laughed after, “Good your up. I thought I was going to die with boredom, I couldn’t talk to anyone about K-Pop.”
 
             I laughed at her like how I always laugh; a bit of an ajhumma laugh while clapping my hands which seems funny to my friends. “You’re the one to talk… I always wait for you at your house.” I shook my head in disbelief but still laughed. I quickly grabbed my bag from my room and stepped out of the house with Kay following suit.
 
             We just quietly walked side by side heading towards a waiting shed to hail a cab or something and I suddenly pulled out my phone and pinned my ear piece and wore it and played ‘EXO’s What Is Love’ I handed Kay the other ear piece and she quickly grabbed it and wore it.
 
             “Gurl, I can’t exprain what I feer~” Both of us sang together while giggling.
 
 
             It was a noisy ride towards school; we were entertained by our daily dose of K-Pop. All the way to school we were just singing along to the songs that were playing on my phone. As soon as we got to school boundaries we still continue to listen to songs.
 
             Suddenly Kay stopped and pulled out the ear piece and looked at me and I just raised my eyebrow at her, “What?” I asked.
 
             “I badly want to meet EXO.” She pouted.
 
             I chuckled and flicked her forehead, “You’re not the only one dude. I badly want see them.” I said and started to walk again.
 
             We’re already in high school; I and Kay are classmates while our other friends were on another class. But we make time to spend time with each other during lunch time.
 
             The day passed by quickly and it was already lunch time and the 6 of us are already gathered around the field with our lunches on our lap. We were just noisily eating our lunches; talking, laughing and annoying each other. Even though I’m the noisiest I’m really quiet during lunch and just eat my food.
 
             I suddenly stopped eating and looked at my friends. I cleared my throat, “Guys…” I started making them all turn to me but still fooled around.
 
             “I had the strangest dream,” They just looked at me like I had lost it but kept quiet.
 
             “I was crying and you were all there; crying as well. But I didn’t know where we were but I know that we were crying about something important.” I just shrugged and continued eating.
 
             “Well that was random… So I was going to say, why don’t we try on auditioning on SM Global Audition this year?” Nica said in a mouthful making us all laugh.
 
             “How do you expect us to do that? SM isn’t holding it on our country… It’s always, Canada, China, Japan and Korea. How do you call that as Global Audition if the other countries aren’t included like ours?” I looked at her while flailing my arms on the air.
 
             “Well passing videos seems to work, yeah?” Steph raised her hand and grinned.
 
             “Not a bad idea.” Anne agreed.
 
             “Let’s not talk about this right now, Lunch is almost up and we haven’t finished our food.” Sam announced making us look at her and she just smiled and shrugged.
 
 
             After that we went to our classrooms and tried surviving another school day.
 
             The day passed by just like that and well, we had decided to try and join on some K-Pop auditions. We’ve been trying to come up with tactics to purse our dreams, because ever since we always wanted to perform on stage with a huge crowd.
 
             Even though some of us is part of a performing arts group organization in our school but it seems like it’s not enough. Steph, Kay, Nica and I are the only ones in that group and it’s not very satisfying because we just sing during doxology and nothing more.
 
             We want to dance and sing at the same time but it seems if you’re not in the dancing section, you can’t. We’re in the singing section so the only thing we can do is sing.
 
             So starting today we’ll try to purse our dream on becoming a K-Pop idol.
 
=============================================================================
FIRST CHAPTER'S UP!
I hope it's alright,
Comment?
 
GOMAWO~! ♥
CHUU~