Chapter 3 – I Won’t Get Fooled Again

Fangirls: Secret vs Dream

 

          “One last time! Come on!” Anne demanded as we just a last minute rehearsal.

 

          I was glaring at her but still with a hint of playfulness in it, “You try be the lead dancer here.” I remarked as I was sweating because I always give my all every time I dance just like Lay.

 

          I giggled as I remembered EXO. Making my entire friends look at me funny.

 

          We are currently at the stage park where Nica said yesterday. Since her house is near the beach, we could hear the splashing of the waves and the sea breeze which was refreshing.

 

          I went to look at the sea just a walking distance away and started staring out into space; thinking.

 

          I wonder what my dream was about from few years ago. I could feel that it’s going to bound to happen, but I don’t know if I should be excited or scared its going to happen. As I could remember that dream, it was has a surreal and melancholy atmosphere around it.

 

          I was too lost in my own world when suddenly I was whacked from the back of my head. I quickly snapped back and glared at who ever did that to my precious head. I scowled at Nica and gritted my teeth at her and attempt to growl at her.

 

          “What turned into a wolf now?” She laughed as she pointed to the rest who were at their position.

 

          I just pouted at her and showed her my infamous puppy dog eyes and she just stuck her tongue out at me. I followed suit.

 

          Sam went towards the speakers where my phone was plugged in so she could play the song ‘MAMA’. I was in the middle; dancing Kai’s part, Nica on Sehun’s, Anne on Suho’s, Steph on D.O’s, Sam on Baekhyun’s and Kay on Chanyeol’s. Even though some of us wanted to our bias’ part, but we were basing it on our forte of talent. I badly wanted Baekhyun’s but since it was only a dance cover I had to do Kai’s part.

 

          So we waited as the song played and started as soon as the song started.

 

          After our last rehearsal, we’re finally preparing for our recording. We all wore hoodies and our masks what were covering the bottom half of our faces.

 

          I was in charge of setting up the video cam so I went up front to where to put the camera. When I found the right spot, I was going to try set the video camera down when I looked around the place while scratching my head.

 

          “Guys…” I called out making all of them stop what they were doing and look at me with a confused expression.

 

          I sheepishly looked at them and crookedly smile, “Who brought the camera stand?”

 

          I could clearly see them gawked at me and some faced palm and they shook they heads.

 

          “Don’t tell me you forgot to bring the stand… Isn’t that camera yours?” Sam asked while trying not to laugh.

 

          “Well, I only said I was the one going to bring the camera, I didn’t know that I was also obliged to bring a stand and fyi we don’t have one.” I stuck my tongue out at her.

 

          “Oh forget it… We’ll just have to think of an alternative.” Kay stomped her foot and marched towards me.

 

          “How about some woods? Chair?” Anne suggested as we were all gathered around the video camera.

 

          “Uh… guys aren’t you going to ask me if we have a camera stand.” Nica suddenly spoke as she skipped towards us.

 

          All of us looked at her smiling, hoping she has one back at her house, “Do you have one?” Kay asked.

 

          She just smiled and then shook her head, “Nope… We don’t have one.” She started laughing.

 

          We all gawked at her and my eyes twitched with annoyance, “YAH! NICA!” I yelled as I started chasing her while she was still laughing her off, I was supposed to be angry at her but suddenly started laughing as well seeing her tripping on some branch.

 

          I was literally on the grass lying down laughing my hearts content, “PWUHAHAH! Oh gosh… Nica you’re too clumsy!” I laughed again and again like a crazy person.

 

          “It’s not funny. Well I’m going back inside to get something to put as a stand.” She poutedly stormed towards the direction of her house.

 

          All of us waited for her to comeback by lying down the grass and looked at the sky.

 

          “So you think we’ll get discovered?” Sam asked.

 

          “I guess, and I bet we’ll attract attention… People would think ‘Who are they?’ When they see our video’s with us on masks.” Anne said.

 

          “Yeah, then suddenly some producers would see this.” Kay added as she giggled.

 

          “But how would they get to us if we won’t leave information?” Steph asked as she sat up and started pulling grass.

 

          “If we’re really going to be scouted, we’ll get scouted one way or another. Destiny.” I stated as I raised my hand and looked at it as it was covering my view of the sun; like in those videos.

 

          “A little corny back there, Coz.”Kay joked making all of us laugh.

 

          “Yeah, I’m poetic just like that.” I retorted in a joking manner as we still laughed.

 

          “Hey! I got it!” We heard Nica yelling as she was running towards us. All of us stood up and brushed ourselves from the grass on our clothes.

 

          After finally setting the camera we got in our position. We set the player and the camera and just waited for the song to play to start.

 

“Careless, Careless

Shoot Anonymous, Anonymous

Heartless

Mindless

No one cares about me~”

 

          As the song started our body flowed to the music. We let ourselves loose and let the beat take us to it. I let my body hit the right beat; we were all dancing in sync. After learning the dance for 2 days and practicing for 2 weeks we finally perfected the dance. I’m always happy every time I dance, dancing is my passion. Performing will always be our dream. We feel happy when we perform.

 

          As the last beat ended, we also stopped and quickly stopped the camera from rolling. Anne was the one who stopped it and looked at us, then she smiled making all of us smile as well.

 

          We obviously give it our all because we were still panting but suddenly the tiredness vanished and we started partying hard. Doing random dances and howling happily and high fiving-each other all things like that because after all those weeks we finally recorded it.

 

          “YES! We’re finally done!” We shouted.

 

          Everyone was celebrating and so was I. I raised my hand to high five anyone, seeing they didn’t see me because of over joy I just high five myself, “Forever ALONE!” I shouted.

 

 

          After that I tried glancing around the place and suddenly froze. I tugged on the person near to me who was Sam and she turned to look at me and at the direction where I was staring.

 

          “Girls…” Sammy muttered making the rest of them stop and look at where we were looking and that made them stop.

 

          “Kind of scared right now~” I mumbled where they were the only one could here me.

 

          The man approached us with a somewhat neutral face, “Excuse me?”

 

          Nica was the first to go back to her senses and bowed making the rest of us bow as well, “A-annyeonghaseyo.”

 

          The man chuckled and bowed, “Annyeonghaseyo.”

 

          “Can I ask you something?”

 

          He can speak English! OMG! A Korean right before my eyes! Here. Korean. Standing. Front. Of. Us.

 

          My head was going berserk as I was processing everything that’s happening right now. I know I wasn’t imagining it, a Korean around his late 20’s in a casual clothes but still looked sophisticated. Not bad looking as well, he was talking to us.

 

          “ Ah, su-sure...”

 

          “Might I ask if you know K-Pop?” He raised his eyebrow at us but not in a mean way just confused.

 

          I glance at my friends and we started exchanging looks, “Uhm… yeah. It’s pretty popular in our country why?” I tried speaking now and took a glance at Kay.

 

          “Oh, well do you know that you were dancing to, before? Like who’s group is that song from?” He asked further.

 

          It was like instinct that I think I should keep the whole fangirl thing a secret and it seems like it was mutual to my friends, it’s like we have telepathy because I think they have the same though as me.

 

          “Uh… Well we only saw this on youtube. I guess it’s from… What was that band? XO?” Anne pretended that she doesn’t know the song as we just nodded to what she was saying.

 

          The guy furrowed his brows and looked at us again, “Oh…I’m Hwang Kyung Min.  Well it’s just that I’m actually an employee of SM Entertainment the company of that group you just danced with; EXO.”

 

          We looked at him surprised but I didn’t buy it one bit, I looked at him suspiciously but kept quiet.

 

          “I was wondering if you’d like to join our company and be an SM Trainee?”

 

          With that question made my whole system shut down. It was too much to process. I should get this straight.

 

          This some random guy claimed to be an SM employee and just scouted us?

 

          I’m not buying this one bit so I kindly smiled at him, “Excuse us for a moment.” I dragged all of my stunned friends away from the guy. They were probably as bewildered as I am with the whole thing.

 

          I snapped my fingers at them and they seemed to snapped out of their trance and looked at me. I kept a smile because just incase he was looking at my expression.

 

          “Guys, are you actually believing that?” I whispered.

 

          “What? Why? DUDE! This is the moment for us to be an SM Trainee… We’ve always dreamt about this!” Nica excitedly said.

 

          “SSSHH! Don’t shout. He’ll hear us. I just think, this may be another prank or maybe worse we might get kidnap because he maybe an illegal dealer.” I said a bit louder making me cover my mouth with both my hands and took a quick glance back to the guy and I saw him looking around the place.

 

          I tried breathing properly because I think he’s not really paying attention to us. I look back at my friends.

 

          “I think you’re right, El. It doesn’t feel nice being fooled with… I could still remember the heart stopping prank we were played with.” Kay pouted her lips and thinking about what happened before.

 

          “See? Take it from experience. I know if it were you in our shoes. You won’t believe in it easily.” I brightly smile when I saw in my peripheral view the guy called Kyung Min turn his head in our direction.

 

          Yeah, I know I have great peripheral view.

 

          I looked at every faces of my friends, eyeing them if it was possible; sending mental message saying ‘agree with me already’ They exchanged looks and I could see some quivering, “I guess you’re right… I mean it seems like it’s too good to be true.” Anne was still unsure but agreed nonetheless.

 

          I nodded, “Okay. Everyone on the same page now?” I grinned seeing that everyone was already agreeing.

 

          “But how do we get out of this situation?” Sam asked.

 

          I looked at Nica and Kay who also looked at me and I wriggled my eyebrows at them, “Just follow our lead…” looking at the rest of our friends.

 

          We finally went back to the guy and he looked at us, probably expecting us to believe him and come running to him to take us away to be so called ‘SM trainee’.

 

          “So have you decided?” He asked; he sounded friendly but didn’t show any hint of smile whilst he was grabbing something from the back of his pocket making me look at him suspiciously.

 

          “About that…” I smiled with Nica and Kay beside me while the rest were at the back expecting us to do something smart or something.

 

          With one swift move, I grabbed the first person I could grab and so did the other two and we run away from the freak! HA! He thinks he can fool us just like that?

 

          Tough look buddy, but we’re not that dumb. Who knows if we fell for that stupid thing we might get shipped to another country where we’ll be bought off and serve to be some factory slaves or something like that.

 

          When we run away I took a look back to see if he was going to chase us or something, but I only saw him look at us with very dumfounded look while his right hand was reached out whilst there was something in between his index finger and middle finger.

 

          But because of my poor eyesight, I could see what that small little thing was. We all run towards Nica’s house with all our might and I even tried not to trip on my own feet which failed horribly but it was good that I already tripped when we were at their gate then I slammed towards it.

 

          It didn’t hurt at all.

 

         

 

          Okay, it really hurt.

 

          So after that we went inside her house still panting really hard like we run a 5 kilometer marathon. So we decide to lounge around since her family wasn’t there right now so we had the house to ourselves.

 

          We decided to watch television while having some snacks. I was eating cake well more like fighting for the cake with Steph that was made by Nica’s mom and others were doing who knows what around the living room and Nica was just switching channels with a bored expression.

 

          I just watch as the colors change from the TV enjoying it. Then suddenly something caught Kay’s eye making her shout at Nica and the rest of us were startled the fudge out of us… or was it just me? Oh well.

 

          “CHANGE IT BACK! PPPPAAAALLLIII! Ppali! Ppali! Ppali! Ppali!” Kay screamed from the top of her lungs and repeatedly hit Nica on the arm to change back the channel.

 

          “Alright! Alright! GEEZ! Get off me you pig!” She kicked Kay off of her when Kay started to wrestle her.

 

          Nica huffed as she straightened herself and glared at Kay and the rest of us were just looking at the both of them with an amused expression. I would agree with the rest if they see this entertaining seeing two idiots interact.

 

          She finally change back the channel, it only took a second to make all of us snap our heads towards the thing infront of us, with our undivided attention we paid attention to every detail the freaking TV was saying.

 

          “DKFC! Dream Kpop Fantasy Concert! Where Tahiti…” Blah blah blah the news went on and on and then one particular group name caught our attention. “and EXO! This saturady! The concert where every K-Pop fans must see.”

 

          My mind wasn’t really processing the details but one thing made me snap back.

 

          “EXO’s HERE?!!!” All of us simultaneously shouted with huge round eyes.

 

============================================================================

COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE!! ^^