Chapter 7 – Show Time!—IT’s HIM!

Fangirls: Secret vs Dream

 

 

         “OH.” “MY.” “GOD.” My friends manage to say but I on the other hand was left speechless; not a word or sound was heard from me.

 

         Why?

 

         I out. I had a heart attack, sending my heart in to fast acceleration only to result of my early death.

 

         But of course I was only kidding. I didn’t die, but it felt like it seeing how many people was here, around 1st floor bleachers were people not in uniforms and were all holding banners for some participant. On the 2nd floor a large square around the gym was filled with mostly students from our school leaving no place to breath.

 

         In the court where the basketball is drawn out or the large platform area is where a lot of participants were seated in some plastic stools holding some numbers, some were dancing and singing; practicing for the last minute.

 

         “G-guys…” I manage to choke out making my friends snap out and look at me.

 

         “OMO! You look pale!” Nica jumped and went to me tried fanning me with her hand.

 

         “This will be the cause of my death.” Sam muttered nervously.

 

         “I’ll be the first one,” I manage to joke at my state right now which failed only made it sound like I was scared.

 

                  We were all gathered at the side talking about the audition, deciding if we should still enter because I really wanted to back out but I can’t if my friends are going to, I need to even though I don’t want to. Because we’re all in this together.

 

         “Excuse me?” “AAAAHHHHHH!” I clutched my chest where my heart is supposed to be and panted really hard.

 

         Anne awkwardly looked at the person, “I’m sorry, she’s just really nervous. Can we help you?”

 

         The lady looked at me with concern and tightly smiled at me and back at Anne, “I was wondering if you’re going to sign up because the sign-up’s is about to close because the audition is about to start.” She politely said.

 

         Anne thought for a moment before speaking, “Yes, of course. Give me 6 forms please.” She smiled.

 

         The lady nodded and handed her 6 blank forms and went away for a bit to give us time to fill it up. Anne immediately handed the forms to each one of us. I shakily took mine. And as soon as possible we filled it up.

 

         I was having a hard time because my hands were really shaking so my penmanship was messed up, I groaned and let go of my pen for a moment. I looked at Steph who was already done and pouted at her when she caught me staring.

 

         “Can you write for me?”

 

         She shook her head, “Can’t, you must be the one to fill it up.” She said in a sad smile. I sighed and finally continued and tried to make my penmanship readable as possible as I can write it.

 

         After that we handed the forms to the lady and she handed us some numbers; I was ‘486’ and it made me giggle thinking of Henry’s 143. I can’t believe it. I was the last participant because I was the last one to pass from all of us and so the Audition finally started.

 

         I can do this! You have to do this, Elli. Think… You’re one step closer to your dream of being an idol.

 

         YES! I can do this! For my freaking DREAM!

 

         If it wasn’t my dream at all, I would never do something like this! But it’s my dream so… yeah and no more backing out! I’m already here and I’m with my FRIENDS!

 

         AJA AJA! HWAITING!

 

         I just looked at the participants to occupy myself, and I realized people are going up by 10’s so I guess me and my friends are going to be on the same stage.

 

         I wonder who would be the judges?

 

         When I thought of that, it made me stand up and look up front where there was a long table place below the stage a few feet away from it. 4 judges were all in all; 1 woman and 3 men.

 

         I recognized the principal at the very corner talking to the one next to her, “Guys look, Principal Jane!” I pointed and made my friends stand up as well and look up front and after that I didn’t bothered to see who were the other judges, because clearly from the back they weren’t from here.

 

         Hours passed and it was already on ‘440-450’ and 2 or 3 more 10’s we’re next.

 

         I was getting relaxed because it’s been hours and I haven’t perform and got humiliated so I was at ease but then when I realized that batch was done so 450-460 was the next batch.

 

         Nervousness hit me again, and bit by bit eating me alive until our batch was already being called. But the problem was… because we were the last batch and the previous were all by 10’s so the last 10 people batch was 470-480… so that means it’s only the 6 of us left.

 

         “Last participants’ numbers 481-486 come to the stage please.”

 

         I was shocked that it was already ours so Kay the number before me nudges me, snapping me back to reality and slowly stood up and followed the rest.

 

         Please don’t let me slip, or even mess up. Please LORD GOD! HELP ME! I swear I’m going to be a very good girl, I won’t curse anymore. PLEASE! T_T

 

         “Okay number 481 please step forward and present us your talent.” The MC said.

 

         I looked as Steph stepped forward after taking a deep breath and held her head up and should confidence with her blank face.

 

         I looked at the judges one by one… I started from the one in front me; Principal Jane and drifted to the others, the next one was a man in a black suit and in his mid 20’s I guess and looked foreign, but still ASIAN foreign.

 

         

         ………

 

         Wait… Why does that guy, next to our Principal seem familiar?

 

         I eyed him very carefully, eyeing his every features and looked away to think where have I seen that face. I looked back at him. Steph hasn’t started yet; she was still introducing herself to the judges.

 

         I met the guy’s gaze and it made me froze, I’ve seen those cold and bored eyes from last week. I swallowed a huge lump on my throat as I finally realized who this guy was.

 

         It’s Hwang… something… Hwang K-kyung Min, right?

 

         We had a staring contest and I guess he was winning with his cold eyes. I guess he remember me and my friends because he was obviously frowning and I guess… There goes our chance on passing this Audition.

 

         “Uhm… I’m gonna sing Someday by IU, a Korean song. And dance MAMA by EXO-K.” Steph bowed.

 

         I looked back at the judges and they looked surprised, well who wouldn’t because almost all the participants sang and danced an ENGLISH SONG! And they are clearly Korean!

 

         “MAMA?” One of the judges repeated.

 

         I heard the audience started murmuring asking what is happening and what the song Steph is talking about is.

 

         “Yes…” Steph nodded.

 

         I saw one at the very end whispered to the judge who was holding the microphone and nodded and smiled at Steph.

 

         “Okay, uhm… are they your friends?” He asked and motions us.

 

         Steph nodded vigorously and smiled.

 

         “Oh I see, so if they’re your friends, I bet they know that song too, right?” He asked and she nodded again.

 

         “Yes, we’re all dancing the same song.” She answered.

 

         The two judges looked shocked while the one called KyungMin looked neutral and didn’t show any emotion which scared me.

 

         “Oh good! Why don’t you all perform it together, yeah? Can you sing and dance at the same time?” He asked looking expectant.

 

         All of our head bobbed up and down at the same time making all of the judges including our principal look surprised. Because only professionals can achieve that and they slowly smile and motion all of us to step forward and present.

 

         I looked at my friends, “Uhm…”

 

         “You can do this. We can do this! We’re all in this together.” Sam said with a reassuring smile making me at ease for a bit. I nodded and took a very deep breath as we waited for the song to play in our kneeling position.

 

         Like in our cover dance we had our each part; Nica on Sehun’s, Anne on Suho’s, Steph on D.O’s, Sam on Baekhyun’s, Kay on Chanyeol’s and I was in the middle for Kai’s part.

 

         “Careless, Careless
         Shoot Anonymous, Anonymous
         Heartless
         Mindless
         No one cares about me~”

 

         We all chanted as soon as the song started and danced in sync. I cracked a bit at the chanting part because I didn’t really practice that much on my voice but with my body I already stretched so I wouldn’t get cramps during performance.

 

         Everyone was silent or maybe I couldn’t hear anything other than the music blasting all over the gym. As soon as I got used to it, and my nervousness disappeared and we were all enjoying our performance but we didn’t show smiles because this song was supposed to be fierce so we showed our serious and fierce expression which made our performance even better.

 

         Finally we stopped, when the song stopped. I was panting really hard after doing some improvising doing a flip like Tao did in the MV. I worked hard on that just to do a flip, I had scratches and wounds because of that flip.

 

         It was silent for a moment and we were just facing our backs to the audience like the last pose EXO-K had. Seconds passed and we heard numerous clapping and whistling from the crowd. It roared as it registers to my ears and my friends, we quickly turned around and saw people cheering loud for us.

 

         It drew huge smiled on our faces and I looked at my friends and we all hugged each other, and bowed in unison. We looked at the judges and I could see 3 judges clapping and had smiles on their faces but one had just an expressionless face and started gathering the files and his things.

 

         “Thank you, you may go down now.” The one judge that had been the one talking from the start said with a smile.

 

         “To all participants… Thank You for participating on this audition. Please wait for our result within a week if you passed or not.” He announced and there was clapping again. I saw many audiences started to leave the gym but I and my friends were still at the bottom of the stage stairs awestruck.

 

         Then the last thing the judge said made the six of us stared at each other with really wide eyes and was clearly speechless.

 

         “Thank you again for participating on SM Entertainment Global Audition!”

 

         WHAT??!??!?!?!?!? 

================================================================================

 

DUN DUN DUN!

OKAY... Yep! :D

 

COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE & UPVOTE!