Dance Studio

Man of His Dreams
Pt 2 of double update
 

 

"Are you sure you want this?" Jaejoong laced their fingers together, staring at the broken dance studio in front of them. Yunho nodded, smiling.

 
"I've always wanted to dance. Actually, I think it's a little too late for that, but I can still help others."
 
Jaejoong nodded. "Let's get it then."
 
The dance studio was on a corner of a main street, and having been abandoned for so many months, the place was in desperate need of attention. Light fixtures, flooring, paint, and half the mirrors were broken, while the other half were dirty beyond cleaning.
 
Jaejoong convinced Yoochun and Junsu to help when they weren't working. The two warmed up nicely to Yunho, and it Jaejoong's heart giddy to see the four of them get along. Many times while they were cleaning up and fixing everything, people came in asking when they were going to open up, since some schools were ending and they needed their children to do something for the summer. They didn't know, but at the rate they were going it was going to be soon. Maybe in as quick as a week.
 
There was an unspoken schedule the two had. When they woke, Jaejoong would paint the dream, while Yunho got ready to head to the dance studio. If Jaejoong finished before nightfall, he went to help his other at the studio, sometimes after Yoochun and Junsu had already visited. He would bring lunch on days he came in around noon. Sometimes Jaejoong would come in, and spot Yunho dancing to the music in his headphones. He would stay there until his other noticed him in the mirrors, which would sometimes last a couple of songs. The two would work together until sunset, and head home to dream again after dinner.
 
Jaejoong could tell Yunho still didn't like him painting and selling away their dream scenes. Saying those dreams where only for them to know. Private life. But he kept it to himself, and Jaejoong was grateful for that.
 
Some nights they got carried away, and worked until almost midnight. Tonight was one of those nights. Yunho and Jaejoong were working on the floor, when the bell on the front door jangled. The two looked at each other, both equally confused, as Yoochun and Junsu had already come in for the day, and it was too late for a customer.
 
“Sorry, we're closed!” Yunho shouted out, wiping his hands on a nearby rag and heading towards the front. He froze the moment he saw who had come in, dropping his rag. Jaejoong heard someone talk, but he couldn't hear.
 
“Yunho? Who is it?” Jaejoong got up, heading to Yunho as his other raised his hands above his head, close to his body.
 
“Stay back,” Even though Yunho was trying to be stern, Jaejoong could tell the wavering in his voice, and his hands were visibly shaking.
 
“Like hell I'm–” Jaejoong's feet came to a stop when he saw the gun being pointed at Yunho. He heard a click and another gun was pointed at him. His hands flew up in confusion. What the is going on?
 
“I'm here to make sure Yunnie remembers who he should be grateful towards.” The only man who didn't have sunglasses on spoke. Did he ask that out loud?
 
“Changmin, please. We don't have to do this. I said I'll pay you back.” Yunho swallowed, hands still shaking.
 
“BULL!” The shouting and sudden loss in composure of the other had them both spooked, each jumping back a little. Jaejoong looked over at his other to see that he shrunk, and was cowering even more. He had the urge to reach out and hug him. To his hair and tell him it's going to be okay, maybe even sing a lullaby or two. The gun pointed at them both prevented it.
 
Changmin fixed his hair, and pulled his suit down a little to fix it. Then he made a nod to the back, and his goons behind him passed the two. At first, Jaejoong was confused. Then he saw the metal baseball bats. A gasp escaped Jaejoong's lips when the sound of mirrors breaking hit his ears. He heard floorboards being ripped apart, and the sound of metal clashing against drywall and plaster.
 
It was over before he knew it, and the goons came back, one of them gave a little nod to their boss. “Great!” Their leaders smirked, and shoved his hands in his pockets. “One more thing–”
 
A shot rang through the air, but Jaejoong didn't feel anything. That's when his heart plummeted to his stomach as he turned to Yunho. He was on the floor, mouth stretched open and griping his legs. No sound came out. Jaejoong rushed to his side, trying to sit him up. He heard unfamiliar laughter in the distance, but that didn't matter. What did was that Yunho was shot in the legs, with his blood staining the floor, and his voice now screaming in pain. Jaejoong looked to where the gang had stood, but they were gone, the door closed as if nothing had ever happened.
 
His mind was blank at what to do, as all he thought about was the thought of losing Yunho. He was shot in the leg. Why lend someone who wanted to open a dance studio, but ing shoot him in the leg? Rage began boiling in him, but the tears in his other's eyes snapped him back to reality. Jaejoong got up, making sure to gently set Yunho back down, and rushed to the front desk to find the telephone.
 
Luckily for him, it was right on top, and he called with ease. The ambulance would be there in seven minutes.
 
Jaejoong went back to put pressure on the wound, but those seven minutes couldn't come quick enough. Yunho quieted down fast, but he was still obviously in pain. His face contorted to show various degrees of pain, all while staring at the gun wound.
 
The medics strapped him down to keep him from struggling, but the entire way there was a blur, clutching on his other's hands and following the medics until he was stopped by nurses. They told him he couldn't go any further, so he paced back and forth in front of the doors. He took turns biting his lips and nails. He would pull at his hair a little, then stop when he saw his actual hair coming out. His legs were ready to give out by the time the doctor came out.
 
“He'll be just fine, keep in the cast for four weeks. Though, he'll have a hard time walking for a while.” Jaejoong let out a long breath he didn't even realize he was holding, and smiled.
 
“Thank you doctor. What about dancing?”
 
The doctor frowned, and shook his head. "Out of the question." Jaejoong sighed, whipsering his thank yous again as the doctor left.

 


 
A/N: I did think about leaving those last few sentences out, but couldn't get it to work. So here's some closure. Kinda.