Special Painting

Man of His Dreams

Jaejoong paced around the room. He stubbed his toe on the corner of the bed in frustration, and let out a flurry of curses before stomping the floor. He knew he shouldn't be angry at Yunho. His other was completely in the right to avoid him when they first met, since he was being creepy. Jaejoong simply didn't understand why Yunho felt the need to vocalize it.

In the end, Jaejoong decided to apologize by painting him a picture. A painting just for him, that he couldn't sell. Immediately Jaejoong took out his paints, and started to sketch a giant face of Yunho.

It was already dark outside, and Jaejoong had just finished the sketch when Yunho knocked on the door. “Come in!” Jaejoong got up, and placed the canvas facing the wall. He didn't want the surprise to be ruined early. Yunho popped his head in, half smiling.

“Hey.” Yunho nudged the door open to wobble in before sitting on the bed with a groan. Jaejoong smiled, before putting his art supplies away. “Were you painting?” Jaejoong nodded, refusing to look his way.

There was a silence, as Yunho gathered up the courage to speak. “I'm sorry.” He said.

Jaejoong turned around, completely surprised. “Why are you apologizing? I'm the one who got mad at nothing.”

Yunho shook his head, leaning forward a little. “I need to apologize. I shouldn't have said that, and it caused you to get mad.”

Jaejoong sighed. “Stop. I shouldn't have gotten angry. I was—” Jaejoong stopped himself before he ruined everything.

Yunho tiled his head. “You were what?”

Jaejoong shook his head. “Nevermind that. I'm at fault.”

Yunho sighed. They were going in circles, with both wanting to be held responsible and apologize. “Let's just accept both apologies and move on, okay?” Jaejoong nodded, before plopping himself next to his other and kissing his cheek. They were fighting over Yunho hiding from him, which was rediculous in itself.


The months passed by, and things grew more and more hectic. Jaejoong forgot about his special painting for Yunho, as he was attempting to paint his dreams for another art exhibit he was co-hosting. Yunho worked various office jobs, often coming home extremely late. Most of the times, Jaejoong was already asleep by the time he came home. At first Jaejoong would fall asleep on the couch, but later he went straight to bed, not bothering to wait. They both knew Yunho was going to be late, and the overpay wasn't that great either.

The dace studio was put on hold. They didn't have the time to visit anymore, with the amount of work they were taking on, and whatever money they did make, they needed to save. Jaejoong was wondering when, or even if, they were going to show up again. Yunho told him that they find you, which was unsettling at best. Jaejoong didn't need another accident like before, and have Yunho lose both his legs. Then he really couldn't do what he took the money for.

November rolled around, and they only made 7,000 when the door knocked. It was them, and Yunho was at work. Jaejoong expected them, just not when his other was working. They must have gotten a hold of their schedule. 

“Hello.” The boss was not present, but three of his goons were. Two of them were the ones who wrecked the place before. Something told Jaejoong that if he didn't have the money, they were instructed to destroy the apartment.

“I have it.” Jaejoong left the door open as he headed back inside his bedroom, and grabbed the 7,000 from the bedside drawer. The goons stood at the doorway, counting the money, and frowned when they came up nearly 3,000 short.

“This isn't all of it.”

“I know. You came early. Come back next month.” The goons looked at each other, as if they couldn't critically think about the options their boss gave them. One even looked worried.

“Fine. But only because you look too good to up.” The goons left, but not before one of them bashed the door frame. Jaejoong sighed, locking the door.

In two weeks he had the co-hosted art exhibit.


The art exhibit went off without a hitch and was successful. Having another artist around was a big help. In the end, Jaejoong got the 3,000 he needed in cash, plus an extra thousand.

To Jaejoong's surprise, Yunho was home early. He found his other wobbling out of their bedroom with a canvas in hand. “What's this?”

When Yunho turned it around, Jaejoong gasped. He had completely forgotten about the painting he was going to give to Yunho. It was still just a rough sketch, except with more dust. “Oh! I forgot about that!” Jaejoong set down his duffel bag on the couch and headed towards his other. “I was going to give it to you, but it got busy. Here, let me finish it now.”

Jaejoong didn't give Yunho a chance to stop him, nor did he look at his reaction, and brought the painting to his easel and started painting over the sketch lines. It was a painting of the day in the park, when Yunho popped up beside him while he was drawing a tree. Jaejoong was surprised he still remembered how everything looked.

“It's beautiful.” Yunho said, wrapping his arms around Jaejoong from behind. Jaejoong smiled, nuzzling his head in his other's neck. He finished the painting within a few hours, and Yunho had sat beside him the entire time. It made him a little nervous at times, since that was the first time Yunho had watched him paint an entire painting. “Let's hang it above the bed!” Jaejoong nodded, doing exactly as he said.

“A little to the left, I think?” Yunho wheeled himself to the center of the bed, watching Jaejoong's as hung up the painting.

“Like that?”

“Perfect.” Yunho his lips, checking him out. Jaejoong jumped down, almost tripping and twisting his ankle. Yunho rolled his eyes. “I swear, sometimes you're the one who needs these crutches.” He kicked his crutches with his good foot, causing them to fall down.

Jaejoong pouted as he picked them up and set them on the bed. Then the doorbell rang. The two looked at each other, confused at who would be ringing the doorbell so late. Jaejoong jogged the front door, have a slight idea at who it was, but he hoped he was wrong. That would mean they were two weeks early.

It was them.

Jaejoong did the same thing, with them waiting at the front door while Jaejoong rummaged through the bedside table for the 3,000. “Who is it?” Yunho watched him as he pulled out the money, then grabbed his crutches.

“No. Stay here.” Jaejoong jogged back out, handing over the money. The said nothing as they counted it. When the 3 goons were satisfied, the head goon nodded and turned away. That's when another one punched Jaejoong in the gut before leaving.

Jaejoong stumbled back, holding onto the wall for balance. Yunho came wobbling out with crutches, and swung himself faster the moment he saw Jaejoong huddled up clutching his stomach. “Those bastard. I should go after them.”

“Are you crazy?” Jaejoong straightened himself a little, wincing at the pain, and grabbed Yunho's arm. “They'll tear you apart, then your other leg would be gone too.”

They hit you!

Jaejoong shook his head, glancing at his other before standing up fully, still rubbing his stomach. “Don't. You're free now.”

 


 

A/N: Wow. That was...anticlimactic. I almost didn't want to submit this because I didn't want you guys to be left with this tiness. Then I figured something is better than nothing. So, sorry it was so ty, but thanks for reading!