A Misunderstanding

Man of His Dreams
Jaejoong figured that Yunho would take a while, so he managed to head back to his apartment go grab his sketchbook and pencil before going to park he told him. Since it was almost June, the park was empty from the heat, except for the unemployed and old fitness couples. There were also what looked like a few moms lounging together. The weather was cooler than it should be, but it was still nice because of the wind. Jaejoong didn’t want to sleep just yet. If he slept, there would be no Yunho in his dreams, since the other was still awake.
 
Jaejoong looked around, before spotting a lone tree. He lifted up his hands, forming a square with his fingers. “Snapshot.” The least he could do was try to draw again. It wasn’t like a dream was going to come to him during a short timeframe and give him a nice picture to paint. The wind lapping across his face, and it constantly blowing his hair and lifting up his sketchbook pages were what kept him awake. Jaejoong had to keep fixing his hair and resorted to keeping both arms firmly pressed on both edges. But then when he would lift one up to fix his hair, the wind would attack his paper. Jaejoong sighed.
 
“Having trouble?”
 
The voice startled him to drop his pencil. He went to pick it up, but familiar hands got there before him. Yunho had come after all. “O-oh. Hello!” Jaejoong voice failed him, and instead of the manly voice he wanted, it came out as high-pitched and squeaky. Yunho laughed, and sat beside him.
 
“Whatcha drawing?” He leaned close to Jaejoong, and his voice hitched up, nervous about how close Yunho was.
 
“Uh, that tree.” Jaejoong pointed across from him, and Yunho's eyes followed.
 
He nodded before looking back at the sketch. “Ah. It’s good.”
 
Jaejoong mumbled a thanks before going back to his drawing, but his nervous hands prevented him from making the steady lines he needed. Jaejoong sighed and closed it. They stood like that for a while, just sitting next to each other and staring off in the distance. The heat beat against their necks, and Jaejoong began fanning himself. 
 
“So. What did you want to talk about?” Yunho asked, looking back at Jaejoong.
 
“Oh. Dreams. I—” Jaejoong glanced over, to see that look again. Yunho’s look that always made his heart fail him. He couldn't keep staring, or else he would just forget what he was talking about. “I dreamt about you. For a month." Jaejoong stared at the ground. "We went to so many places after we colored our city. Paris, LA, Prague, London…” Yunho nodded, seemingly absorbing it all. That was a bad sign. If Yunho liked it, he would have been asking about the trips, or asking about other dreams, maybe the city that he didn’t remember. Something. All that came from him was silence.
 
“I—I can show you! I painted a each one of them after I woke up!” Jaejoong got up, and tugged on Yunho’s sleeve. Yunho nodded, following him, still quiet.
 
The entire way there, Jaejoong’s heart raced. He was going to show him the paintings. The paintings that were in his apartment. The paintings that showed his view of the dreams. That warmth and protection Yunho gave off, he was going to see it all. 
 
Jaejoong unlocked the door. “Come on it. You can have seat over there while I bring them out.” Yunho nodded. Jaejoong ran into his bedroom, tripping over some shoes in the way, and grabbed a handful of the paintings.
 
“Here’s some of them. Let me get the rest.” He mumbled, heading back in his bedroom. Jaejoong came out a moment later with the rest of the paintings. There were so many of them. So many of their dreams, and each and every single one had Yunho painted in them.
 
Yunho had picked up various ones, face devoid of all emotion. Then he came to the first painting Jaejoong had painted. The city, with the sunrise lighting the city. The one that started everything. He stared at it longer than the others. As the clock ticked by, Jaejoong got more and more nervous. “Please say something.”
 
Yunho sighed, rubbing the corners of his eyes before looking at Jaejoong. The look the other game him made his heart fall before he even uttered a sound. “I don’t believe you.”

“Yunho, please if you just—”
 
“How do you know my name?”
 
Jaejoong paused. He must really not remember anything. “In our dreams. Our city. You told me at the café. If you just remem—” Jaejoong tried to take a step forward, but Yunho took the same step back, holding up his palms.
 
“No. No. I don’t know who you are, or how you found me, but I’m leaving.” Jaejoong watched as Yunho put his shoes back on, and slam the door as he left. A jab of pain shot up his leg as Jaejoong kicked the wall beside him. He messed it up. He messed it all up, and now Yunho was gone. Again. Jaejoong stared at the paintings, as if they mocked him. He wanted to throw them out the window. Burn them. Have a rabid dog rip them to shreds. But he couldn’t. They were his money line. He needed to sell them if he wanted to keep living in this dingy apartment.
 
Over the week, Jaejoong went to the same office every day, and each day, Yunho wasn’t there. Jaejoong still hadn’t dreamt about the other either. Something wasn’t right. On Friday, he finally gathered enough courage to ask someone.
 
“Excuse me, but do you to know what happened to Yunho?”
 
The man in questioned stopped for a moment, pondering at the ceiling. Then he nodded. “Yeah, I think he quit. He was in such a rush too.”
 
“When?”
 
“Ehhh, ‘bout a week ago?” Jaejoong swore his heart stopped that moment. He really did lose him again.
 
Do you know where he went?
 
“Hey, calm down. We don’t know, he just said he needed to get out of here, and that he needed his paycheck now. So we gave it to him and he left.” The man shrugged. Jaejoong could have screamed out in frustration. He wanted to scream at the top of his lungs. To scream so loud that Yunho could hear him wherever he was. But he didn’t. Instead, Jaejoong just nodded and left, lazily shuffling his way back to his apartment.
 
When he got there, he sat and stared at his paintings. He wanted to get rid of them, to sell then and completely forget about Yunho. It was obvious that man didn’t want to be in his life, or even his dreams. Why both sticking to someone who doesn’t want you? But a small sliver of hope left him thinking that it was just a misunderstanding. That Yunho was just scared that someone he never even met knew things his own friends didn’t. In the end, Jaejoong decided to keep his paintings. Maybe they could be a good dust collector for that corner.
 

A/N: Everyone is so nice and I really just wanna hug each and every one of you! Thanks for the support everyone :)