Intruder

Man of His Dreams

The medicine worked perfectly on Yunho, and he was able to leave in a week, just as it was planned. Jaejoong led him to his apartment, where it was messier than before. Everything was dusty, with dishes in the sink and clothes thrown everywhere. Yunho sighed when he saw the mess as he limped to the couch. He groaned when his finally hit the soft cushions.

Jaejoong watched as his other's chest rose and fell, his eyes closed and body completely open. Jaejoong his lips as his eyes traveled up and down Yunho's body, before resting on his crotch. He wanted to take him right then. Then Yunho opened his eyes, looking directly at him, which startled him. “D-do you want anything?”

Yunho half smiled before stretching out his arms. Jaejoong didn't want to hurt his leg, so he walked around, and cuddled beside him, and was instantly wrapped in Yunho's warmth. “Only you.” Jaejoong snuggled closer, squeezing his other a little.

“You're so corny.”

“Only for you.” Jaejoong rolled his eyes, and the TV. They spent the next few hours like that, then Jaejoong helped Yunho into bed, where he kissed him goodnight and fell asleep soon after.

That night they were at a cafe. Yunho's warmth filled the entire building, and the two had forced everyone out. They sat across from each other, holding hands and Yunho swinging his legs, occasionally kicking Jaejoong in the shin. Only accidentally. If Jaejoong had to guess, he would say it was because of the time spent in the cast. It's only been a week though. Jaejoong grimaced at the thought of Yunho in the cast until December.

“Oh yeah!” Jaejoong tapped at the table a couple of time to get his other's attention. “I already set up the account for us. All that's left is to put money in it.”

Yunho smiled and nodded, still holding onto Jaejoong's hand. “We can do this.” Jaejoong smiled back. Their smiles were interrupted when a click was heard, followed a moment later by a bang. Yunho gasped, and disappeared. Jaejoong quickly followed suit when he was being shaken awake.

Jaejoong's eyes couldn't adjust to the darkness, so he felt around the bed where Yunho should be. Except he wasn't. Jaejoong heard footsteps, and was about to yell at Yunho to get back in when he shushed him. He listened, and at first he heard nothing. Then another pair of footsteps, but Yunho's dark shape told him those footsteps weren't his. Jaejoong tossed the blanket over him grabbed a bat beside his closet, then tossed his phone to Yunho, who immediately dialed the emergency number.

Footsteps creaked past the doorway, and Jaejoong stepped forward. His hands were sweaty and his heart racing. Jaejoong gulped, hands hovering above the doorknob. If Yunho's legs were working, he would be getting him to do it. On the count of three, he swung the door open.

Back facing him, Jaejoong's first instinct was to swing at the intruder. He hit the head, and the man fell down. That's when his heartbeat rose when he recognized the face. He had hoped it would be Yoochun, or even Junsu. Both men had the key to his apartment.

It wasn't either of them. He recognized the man's face from the news. The serial killer who carved out the hearts of couples. How did the man know? The two hardly went out in public, and recently they were cooped up in the hospital. The only two to know they were officially a couple were his two friends. Jaejoong racked his head thinking where the killer might have seen them two when it hit him: The dance studio. The two worked late multiple times. It was easy for someone to mistake them for a couple.

Jaejoong swung again at the serial killer, as Yunho wobbled his way out of the bedroom. “They're on their way.” He was out of breath, staring at the figure attempting to block the bat. The man didn't do well, and Jaejoong repeatedly hit his arms, until he figured another way, and began stabbing through the holes. Yunho clutched the door, his leg lifted up a little so not to put pressure.

“Jaejoong, stop! Stop!” He didn't know how many times he hit the man when Yunho stopped him. He probably would have killed him if his other didn't step in. Then he heard footsteps running up and the cops came running in. One of them the lights, and Jaejoong realized how bloodied and bruised the man was, shivering and cowering in fear. Jaejoong immediately dropped the baseball bat and got off him as the cops surrounded the man. 

Somehow, Yunho got his crutches, and the two talked to the police and helped file a report. The cops stayed an hour, asking questions they already asked, and filing reports, and then asking more questions. His heart calmed down by the end of it, with a little help from Yunho. Jaejoong was exhausted by the time they all left, but he couldn't stop shake the look of pure fear on that man's face.

When everyone left, the two plopped themselves on the couch with a groan, and Yunho leaned on Jaejoong's shoulder. “Why didn't you stop me earlier?” Jaejoong mumbled after a short silence. Yunho didn't answer, instead choosing to hold his hand. Jaejoong sighed, and leaned his head on top of Yunho's.

The two sat there until there was noticeable light coming through the curtains, with Jaejoong playing with his other's hand. Yunho's head would slip down his shoulder occasionally, before immediately shooting up and resting back on his shoulder. He would slur his words, and when questioned again, mumble, “Come to sleep” before dozing off again for another five minutes. Jaejoong still couldn't sleep come morning—every time he closed his eyes, his mind would flash the serial killer's face, and he'd scare himself awake.

He didn't know why he was freaking out. It wasn't like he killed him. It was the sight of the killer's face that spooked. A killer was afraid of Jaejoong. That wasn't supposed to happen.

Jaejoong sighed, and glanced out the window. It was blindingly bright for morning. Too bright. Jaejoong looked down at Yunho, and moved his shoulder a little. His other mumbled something before shifting his position and going back to sleep. Jaejoong moved his shoulder again. “Come on, Yunho. Time to wake up.”

Yunho sighed, lifting his head up. One look at Jaejoong and he smiled. “Good morning.” Jaejoong smiled back, and Yunho gave a kiss on his cheek before sitting up and stretching. Neither of them got any sleep, if Yunho's groans were anything to go by.

“What do you want for breakfast?” Jaejoong stood up and stretched also, waiting on his other.

“Hmm...Pancakes?” Jaejoong nodded.

“I can do that.” The pancakes would be Yunho's first meal out of the hospital, which meant it had to be good. Jaejoong made sure everything he did was perfect, and nothing burned.

Yunho's entire face lit up when he bit into the first bite, and didn't speak until he scarfed down half of there rest of the pancake. “It's good!”

Jaejoong smiled, satisfied, and began eating his own.

“So, seeing as how my leg isn't going to be getting better anytime soon, I guess I'll be looking for office jobs.”

Jaejoong nodded. “What about that receptionist job you had before?”

“Jae, I've had many receptionist jobs before. Which one are you talking about?”

It didn't occur to him that Yunho had worked before they met. “Th-the one when we met. With the...park?”

“Ah!” Yunho took another bite. “No can do.”

“Why not?” Jaejoong put his fork down a little too hard and it rattled, causing a cautious glance up from his other.

“Because I was almost caught before.” Jaejoong nodded. Then it hit him. Yunho never meant to run away from him. He was running away from the gang. “Why are you smiling?” Was he smiling?

“Oh, I was just...happy. That you weren't running away from me.” Yunho frowned, and stopped chewing.

“At the time, I kind of was.” Dead silence. Yunho avoided his eyes, instead staring at his almost finished pancakes.

“What?”

“Well, how would you feel if some stranger walked up to you, and basically say that they've dreamed of you?” It didn't occur to Jaejoong how odd he had behaved in the beginning. He had thought nothing of it, since he had seen Yunho before, but the thought never crossed his mind later to think of how his other might view it.

Yunho stuffed his mouth, refusing to talk anymore, and that was that. They ate the rest of breakfast in silence. When Yunho was done, he wobbled around to put his dishes in the sink, and sat on the couch to watch TV. Jaejoong made no movements to help, still miffed about the comment.

When Jaejoong finished the dishes, he brought in the newspaper and tossed it on the coffee table in front of Yunho, not even glancing his way as he continued his way to the bedroom. Yunho glared at him as he took it, however it softened when the door slammed.