Butterflies 'n Flowers

Man of His Dreams

Pt1 of double update

 


Jaejoong slept better than he had that past week, though it was still restless. He didn't know when the other would come back, and he wasn't in his dreams. Jaejoong thought it was because they were too far for their dreams to connect. That theory went out the window when Yunho appeared in his dreams. It was three months after he had left, and Jaejoong was just starting to get used to life without him, working with Junsu, and occasionally painting random scenery. It was mostly snow, and whatever Christmas decorations were hung up around the city.

"Jaejoong" Yunho had called out. His dreams were getting harder to see as the days passed by, so when he turned around to find Yunho, it nearly knocked the wind out of him.

"Yunho?" The other walked up to him, smiling. He was still a bit dim, and everything around him was still a bit murky. Jaejoong smiled back, running up to hug him. He jumped on him, clinging tightly to the other.

"I'm sorry I took so long. I thought they followed me out here, but it was just my imagination." Yunho pecked a kiss on Jaejoong's forehead, still smiling. "Anyway, I can come back in about a month."

"What?" Jaejoong's smile disappeared, a frown replacing it.

Yunho nodded. "I know, I'm sorry I can't spend Christmas with you. But don't worry, I have your present with me." Yunho smiled again, and Jaejoong could help but smile back. He didn't know how the other could remain so optimistic. Yunho pulled back, and grabbed his hand. "I want to show you something."

Jaejoong followed Yunho, and the dream turned into Paris, but something was different about it. Something more real. "Are you in Paris right now?"

Yunho shook his head. "No, but I visited there in my free time once. I wanted to make sure that our Paris dreams from the beginning were more accurate. Look! There's the Eiffel tower! Let's go!" Yunho tugged on Jaejoong's hand and they ran, sometimes even jumping up high above the buildings to see where they were going.

The dream differed from the previous dreams they had, but only by a slight bit, like the general colors of the buildings, and the atmosphere. Jaejoong couldn't immediately tell the difference between the Paris that he painted, and the Paris he was being shown. Eventually, he resolved to paint this one once he woke up.

Yunho showed him around everywhere. The little corner cafe's and clothing shops, the restaurants, and even the Eiffel tower, when they got there. Yunho showed him the perfect spot that showed the Eiffel tower, and even changed the time so it glowed in the sunset. When Jaejoong woke up, he was initially disappointed that it ended, but he still remembered to paint it. So he got up, shivering by the sudden burst of cold, and pulled out his painting supplies that had collected dust.

A month went by, and Yunho only showed up three times, showing around France when he could. Jaejoong never got the chance to apologise. He held his art exhibit, and even saw much more people that weren't there the last time. His popularity had clearly grown. Christmas came and went, with Yunho showing a particular spectacular scene. New years came and went, and Jaejoong spent it with Yoochun and Junsu before he passed out to spend it with Yunho.

Jaejoong was in the middle of night, and he was almost done painting one of the scenery Yunho had showed him when his doorbell rang. "That must be Yoochun with the papers. What took him so long?"

When he opened the door, it was not Yoochun. It was Yunho. The other collapsed into his arms, and Jaejoong rushed to wrap his arms around. Jaejoong couldn't remember for how long they stood like that, nor did he remember shutting the door and dragging the other into his bed. Jaejoong tucked him in, watching for a moment as he slept, before heading into bed himself, wrapping his arms around the other from behind.


Jaejoong looked around. Everything had the familiar murky feel to it, before Yunho came in. Then he spotted the other, clear as day, standing there like a lost puppy. “You're back!” Jaejoong ran up to the other, pouncing on him. The weight caused Yunho to fall.

They tumbled down the hill as the dream shifted to an open, grassy field under a summer sun. They laughed as they got to the base of the hill, Yunho tightening his grip on Jaejoong. The dream was more vivid and bright than they have been.

Yunho placed a kiss on Jaejoong's forehead, wrapping his legs around him. Jaejoong didn't mind it. It just meant being more close to Yunho. He could smell him, and touch him just as he could in real life. He guessed it was just his real life sensory invading his dreams. The thought of him sleeping right next to Yunho made him giddy, and he started jumping and squealing, hugging the other again.

“I missed you too, Jaejoong.” Yunho wrapped his arms tighter around him, taking in a deep breath of Jaejoong.

Jaejoong smiled, looking up. “Did you have fun? Are you free?”

Yunho shrugged. “I had fun, but I'm not sure if I'm free.” Jaejoong nodded, resting his head on the other's chest. “But I decided that I don't want to spend any more time apart. So I'll protect you. I won't let them harm you, even though I've put you in harm's way.”

Jaejoong didn't care. He wanted to be with Yunho. If Yunho was in danger, he'll protect him too. “We'll protect each other.” Jaejoong smiled, and inched himself up a little to peck a kiss. He was nervous to be so close to Yunho, in both real life and in his dreams, and butterflies flew around them. Yunho smile back, and grabbed a nearby flower to position it on his ear.

Jaejoong laughed at the gesture, and placed his hand over it, hesitating a little on whether or not he should take it out. He did take it out, and placed it on Yunho's chest, before lying on top of it.


A/N: oh god it's so corny and just...augh. Here's your damn happy.