Chapter Two

Scared

 

               It had been a day since the break-up and Sungjae felt like he should be getting to school now and not skip anymore.  Even though he hadn’t missed a day, he didn’t like the fact that he willingly skipped the two because of his problems. He walked into the classroom to find Ilhoon sitting in his seat already and walked over to sit beside him. “I don’t know what to do anymore.” Sungjae said letting out a sigh.

“I didn’t think you were ready to come back to school.” Ilhoon said, ignoring what Sungjae had just said. “Are you alright?” He asked, looking at the other with worried eyes.

Sungjae shook his head. “No, I’m scared of the feelings I have now.” He said looking down on the desk and began to draw small doodles on the desk. “I’m scared of how I feel when I miss him, scared of what it feels like knowing that I can’t kiss him, scared of being alone.” He said, and looked back at Ilhoon. “Is this normal?” He asked tilting his head.  Ilhoon just shrugged his shoulder unsure of what to tell the other, he didn’t want to tell him about the conversation that him and Peniel had the other day, and tried to push it aside until he heard someone come into the room. Looking over he noticed Sungjae quickly getting up and moving back to his own desk he knew that the person was someone he didn’t want to see. Ilhoon sighed and began to stare at the plain sight on the wall after Peniel sat down beside him.

Peniel looked down at the desk to see small doodles on his desk and quickly glared in the direction of Sungjae knowing it was him. “The kid has the nerve to draw on my desk?” He hissed at himself and began to erase everything. Ilhoon looked over and shook his head, for the past few days he couldn’t to talk to the guy let alone talk to him.

“Don’t blame him.” Ilhoon said taking the eraser out of Peniel’s hand and shoved it inside his own desk. Peniel looked at Ilhoon with an irritated look.

“And who gave you the right to just rip the thins out of my hand?” Peniel asked the other.

“Who gave you the right to rip someone’s heart out?” Ilhoon asked referring to a specific person, and felt bad after he noticed the other had heard him. Peniel just shook his head.

“I have my rights.” Peniel said crossing his arms ignoring his seat mate, trying to get the day over with.

--

It was time to go home and Sungjae was glad that the day was finally over. He was able to keep the tears in even though he could feel his heart feel like it was being stabbed each and every time he heard Peniel speak.

Sungjae sat in his seat frozen for a little bit not able to leave until he felt a hand on his shoulder. “Want to go to my house since it’s Friday?” He heard a familiar, comforting voice say. Sungjae just nodded his head and got out of his seat to follow his friend to his house.

“Sungjae! You’re here!” Ilhoon’s mom cheered and ran up to hug him. Sungjae smiled and hug her back. She pulled away from the hug after a minute. “So are you alright? Ilhoon told me everything that happened.” She asked with a motherly tone. Sungjae just nodded his head, avoiding the topic. Ilhoon’s mom just smiled and walked away. Sungjae looked at Ilhoon, “I haven’t seen her in a while.” Was the only words that he could say at the moment. Ilhoon and nodded his head and walked up to his room with Sungjae following him. “You haven’t been over in almost a year.” Ilhoon said trying to remember the last time that Sungjae had hung out with him at his house as he sat down on the bed.

“I know. I should come over and say ‘Hi’ more often right?” Sungjae said letting out a small chuckle sitting beside Ilhoon. Who only gave a small chuckle for a reply. He layed back on his bed he stared at the ceiling.

“Have you talked to him recently?” Ilhoon asked looking at the other, Sungjae shook his head in reply. “I keep trying to get him back, but he has changed. A lot. Have you done something to make him mad?” Ilhoon asked as he wasn’t aware of everything that was going on between the two only that Peniel had broken up with Sungjae, and started to date another girl.

Sungjae sighed, “I have done something.” He said laying back beside Ilhoon. “But it wasn’t my fault I was forced into it.” He continued closing his eyes tight.

“What was it?” Ilhoon asked knowing that his friend wouldn’t want to talk about it, but this is the only way that he could help fix the situation.

Sungjae sighed for a moment trying to think of what he could say. “You know Minhyuk..?” He asked turning his head towards Ilhoon making eye contact, once he reacived a nod from the other he continued. “Well, I went to stay the night at his house a week after we were fighting, and he kinda forced me into things.” Sungjae said with a gulp. “And.. I tried to tell him that  I was with Peniel, but he wouldn’t stop.” He paused for a moment turning his head back towards the ceiling. “Minhyuk got pictures and showed them to Peniel.” He finished feeling his eyes began to sting from tears building up.

Ilhoon had only looked at Sungjae in disbelief he knew when that happened yet he never had heard of it, and the word only stayed in between the three, Sungjae, Peniel and Minhyuk. Ilhoon sighed. “So is that the main reason he doesn’t want to speak to you anymore?” Ilhoon asked curious if there was more information that he had been missing out on.

“Minhyuk kept texting me suggestive comments and telling Peniel about how I would occasionally go to his house for ‘stuff’ whenever we fought.” Sungjae sighed. “I never went to his house though, but Peniel always seemed to believe him.” He said with the tears finally falling down his cheeks. He put his hands over his eyes unable to bear it anymore.

“So how did Sumin start talking to Peniel?”  Ilhoon asked hoping that he would be able to get an answer from him, since Peniel hadn’t answered him, when he had asked.

“She was a childhood friend of his, they weren’t really close, but they did hang out a lot.” Sungjae began to explain. “She got his number and began texting him after she moved here, and she knew that we were dating because he told her, but she doesn’t like gay people, so she wanted to break us up. So I guess she got her wish.” He said wiping the tears from his eyes. He rose up and walked out of the room before his Ilhoon could ask him anymore questions, he wasn’t sure if he could handle all of this at once, he walked into the bathroom and shut the door behind him. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and got it out expecting it be Ilhoon saying something, instead it was Minhyuk.

To Sungjae
From Minhyuk

Hey y want to come over tomorrow ;) I heard you and Peniel had a bad break up.

Sungjae just shook his head and set the phone done on the sink and sat in the floor. He wasn’t prepared to talk to anyone just yet. His eyes were burning from the tears that had again begun to flow out of his eyes.  His hands were shaking as he tried to get up, he walked out of the bathroom to find Ilhoon’s mother standing beside the bathroom as if she was waiting for him to walk out. She had a sad and pitiful look in her eyes as she saw the redness in his eyes. “I’m sorry honey.” She said pulling him in for a hug and squeezing him tight. “I’m sure Peniel will figure everything out and come running back to you in no time.” She said pulling away from the hug and began to drag him downstairs. “Until then let’s eat some ice cream.” She said giving a comforting smile, knowing that Sungjae had always like chocolate mint ice cream for any of the times that he was upset and had prepared just that for him.

Sungjae smiled, he was glad to have someone like Ilhoon’s mother around to comfort him, unlike his mom she never understood him, and couldn’t help him, she never liked the fact that her son had turned out to be gay. Sungjae sat down in a chair that the other and pushed him in and chuckled lightly, he waited for his bowl of ice cream and a spoon.

--

A/N: So! Here is my second chapter and I hope that you like it! I feel so bad, for making everyone like this, but I want to make the story interesting right? I love all the characters and do not find Minhyuk or Peniel to be jerks like this, but it makes for a good story right?

So comment on what you think, and don’t forget to subscribe! <3