Chapter Seven

Scared

                It had been a week and Peniel and Sungjae hadn’t spoken much words to each other, Peniel wasn’t sure if he could handle this any longer. He honestly began to miss the presence of the younger boy, but he hated the fact that he did. The younger was one of the main reasons that their realationship had come to an end. He looked down in the small folded piece of paper in his hand, it was a note from Sungjae that he got shortly after the breakup with Peniel and Sumi. He carefully unfolded it finally deciding to read it now.

                ‘Dear Peniel,

                                I love you… I know that you don’t believe me, but please forgive me for the things I did and the things that I said. I will also forgive you for everything that you’ve done to me. I’m just scared of all the feelings that I have now, I am scared of what it feels like to miss you, knowing that I can’t kiss you, and just being alone. Please… come back to me. :(

                Peniel crumpled the note up and threw it on the ground. ‘He doesn’t mean any of that, he’s lying to you’ He thought to himself and walked to the classroom and took a seat at his desk. The class seemed pretty full rather than what he is used to when he comes in in the mornings. He lied his head down on the desk and tried to drown out all of the things going on around him.

--

                Sungjae turned around to look at Peniel and saw him sleeping,  class was going to start and he knew that if the teacher found him asleep one more time, that he would be in trouble. He looked over at Ilhoon and gestured to wake him up before the teacher walked in the classroom, once he saw Ilhoon nod in reply he turned around and tried to ignore the whole thing. He looked over in the corner of the room as he could feel eyes glaring at him, and saw Sumi. Sungjae being the guy that he was, quickly looked away trying to avoid any eye contact that could have been made between the two.

--

                Sungjae was walking home and stopped when he heard his name being called by a familiar voice, he turned around to see Sumi walking up to him with a smile on her face. He gave a questionable look to her, confused as to why she would be happy to see him. “Yes?” He asked attempting to raise one eyebrow.

                “I’m sorry about everything with you and Peniel.” Sumi tried to give a sincere apology, and Sungjae couldn’t believe it, he just shrugged his shoulders and continued to walk on trying to ignore the other. “Wait!” She yelled slightly running to catch up to the other. “I was hoping I could make it up to you.” She gave an innocent smile.

                “Sungjae!” Sungjae heard another familiar voice and sighed, what was with all these people trying to talk to him, he looked over and saw Peniel walking towards them, and heard Sumi slightly curse under her breath. “What are you doing with her?” He asked curiously as he got closer to the group of people.

Sungjae shrugged his shoulder. “I don’t know.” He said and turned to walk away, and actually got away this time.

               “If you do anything to him, I will hurt you.” Peniel glared at Sumi after he knew that Sungjae was quite a while away.

                “I was only apologizing to him.” Sumi batted her eyes sweetly to the other and Peniel only shook his head in disgust and walked away from the other and headed for his house, not believing the other.

--

                Sungjae walked into his house shutting the door behind him. He smiled slightly, everything for him seem to be getting better. Of course he was still madly in love with Peniel, but he has seen that even without him he would be able to live. Going to start cooking something in the kitchen he heard someone knocking on the door. He set his bag down by the counter and sighed going to answer the door, seeing Sumi there. He gave her a questioning look on his face before saying anything, “What are you doing here?” He asked curiously.

                “Can I come in?” Sumi asked holding her hands behind her back looking up at Sungjae, he just nodded his head and moved out of the doorway letting the other in.

                “You’re not going to do anything to me are you?” Sungjae asked before shutting the door behind her. She shook her head and looked around the house taking everything in her head, as this was the first time, and probably the last time, she has been in his house.

                “Nope.” Sumi said giving an innocent smile, Sungjae nodded his head and looked around the room curiously.

                “Well…”  Sungjae paused before pointing to the kitchen, “I’m going to finish finding food.” He said turning around and walking towards the kitchen.

                Sumi took this chance knock him out with chloroform, without him taking any notice. She smiled in victory once he knew for sure that the other was knocked out and layed him on the ground. She grabbed her phone out of her pocket and sent a message.

                To: Peniel
                From: Sumi

                                You may want to check on your little friend, I don’t think he is doing so well. :(

                After Sumi sent the message she left the house and left no trace of her being there, she looked at Sungjae and smirked. “Good luck.” She said and leaving the house for good.

--

                Peniel opened the message that he had just received and blinked for a moment. ‘.’ He cursed to himself and giving himself a face palm for trusting Sumi, and leaving her there close enough to Sungjae’s house. He quickly jumped off the couch and put his shoes on, after he got outside he dialed a specific number and waited for them to answer.

                “Hello?” The other person answered the phone.

                “Ilhoon! I need you to go to Sungjae’s house and check on him. I think Sumi may have done something. I’m on my way there now.” Peniel said hanging up the phone and instantly running for Sungjae’s home. Only to be stopped a couple of time by cross walks and large crowds of people.

                Finally reaching the house Peniel saw that Ilhoon arrived there at the same time, and they walked in together, only to see Sungjae lying in the floor.

                “, why do I have to be so stupid?” Peniel asked sitting on the floor by Sungjae shaking him a little to see if he would be able to wake up, he turned to Ilhoon and already seen him calling for an ambulance. Peniel nodded after he made eye contact with the other. He picked Sungjae up and carried him over to the couch and setting him down gently.

                “They’re on their way now.” Ilhoon said walking into the living room and sitting down on the chair, Peniel nodded his head and the two had become silent waiting for the doctors to get there. Peniel leaned back on the couch and sighed cursing at himself more only for doing stupid things.

A/N: So! There is your next chapter. Looks like I’m being so cruel to Sungjae, and I feel horrible for it, but again it looks like Peniel is finally getting back his feelings for Sungjae! I’m happy to see that, but it was so complicated to make it last a little longer, but then again as I said before this is only a short story, and not a really long chapter one. So I really hope you liked this chapter cause I sure did.

                I’m bad at leaving cliff hangers… _-_

Anyway~ We’ll see how long it takes for them to get back together.