Chapter Three

Scared

                Sungjae felt his heart crumble, he couldn’t explain his feelings but Ilhoon hasn’t talked to him in a day and he needed someone to go to, and his only other option was Minhyuk. He had other options but he wasn’t as close to the other people, so he choose the one that he had begun to despise for ruining his 3 year realationship. He got inside the car that the other was waiting in and sighed, he buckled up and looked at the other. “Where are we going?” He asked hoping that the other would say anywhere but to his house.

                “My bedroom.” He said with a suggestive wink, and began to drive. Sungjae stared at him for a moment before he smelled something that he shouldn’t have in the car.

                “A-are you drunk?” Sungjae stuttered on his words hoping to have an actual no for an answer.

                “Why do you think that?” Minhyuk asked. “It’s not like I threw 20 bottles of beer in the backseat, after I drunk them all.” Minhyuk stated and continued to drive. Sungjae quickly looked to the back to see that there were plenty of empty beer bottles in the back, he looked back up to the front as his breath quickened.

                “You shouldn’t be driving.” Sungjae whined and closed his eyes, he couldn’t watch the other one drive stupidly, knowing that the other wouldn’t stop the car so he could drive.

“I’ll get you to my room in one piece, alright?” Minhyuk asked turning his head towards Sungjae for a split moment, not realizing he was at an intersection and  continued to drive, Sungjae looked up and yelped as he noticed the other was paying more attention to him than the road.

“Look at the road!” Sungjae yelled as he looked at the road and froze in place. He clenched his eyes shot not wanting to feel anything. “I love you Peniel..” he whispered to where he just could hear it.

--

                There were plenty of bright lights in his face, and he couldn’t see much only the outlines of a couple of people who seemed to be a few doctors. Sungjae blinked a couple of times and finally made out the faces to see doctors, trying to get him conscious again.

“You’re finally awake.” He heard a doctor say, he looked towards them and squinted his eyes trying to figure out if he was alive or not. “You have friends and family waiting to see you.” He said and left the room with the other doctors following behind him, it wasn’t long before he heard more footsteps coming in the room.

“Sungjae honey! Are you alright?” Ilhoon’s mother quickly asked, as she the other one in a troubled state, he looked over at her curiously and began to raise his body up more so he could talk comfortably but fell back down in pain. “Don’t strain yourself.” She said slightly tapping the others arm.

“Where’s my mom?” Sungjae asked as he could almost feel tears in his eyes knowing that she wasn’t there.

“She is on her way now, she was in Busan when she heard the news.” Ilhoon said ressuring the other knowing that if she didn’t come soon he would begin to cry again.

Sungjae nodded his head and looked around for a moment. “Where is Minhyuk?!” He quickly asked realizing that the other was in the car with him when they had gotten hit.

“He’s still unconscious.” Ilhoon replied, not feeling bad for the other since it was his fault that the two ended up like this.  “You’ll be in here for about a week.” He stated letting the other know of the state.

“Is he okay?” Sungjae asked wanting to make sure that he didn’t get severely get hurt or anything. He could hear the annoyance in Ilhoon’s tone when he said he was unconscious, but he knew that it was just Ilhoons way of saying that he shouldn’t have been driving. Ilhoon nodded his head.

“Well we got to go.” Ilhoon’s mother said, grabbing Ilhoon’s wrist leading him out the door.  “Get plenty of rest, alright?” She asked and left the room with Ilhoon. Sungjae nodded and looked around the room in sadness. He couldn’t feel a bone in his body, or move without having sharp pain. He closed his eyes and tried to get some rest.

--

Peniel walked through the halls, he couldn’t believe he was doing this, it wasn’t like he was going to do anything bad, but he just didn’t want to get caught. He looked through the window of the room to see if anyone was in there, and found no one then walked inside the room.  He shut the door quietly not wanting to wake the other.

“I’m sorry.” Peniel whispered looking down at the sleeping body of Sungjae.  He had only wanted to see if the other was alright. “If you wouldn’t have gotten into the car with the bastard, you wouldn’t have ended up like this.” Peniel sighed and walked out of the room. He had no respect for Minhyuk after he began messing with Sungjae, and after he found out that he was the one that caused the car accident, he began to hate him even more.

--

Sungjae slowly opened his eyes slowly to see if the other had left. He couldn’t help but smile at the fact that Peniel had actually come to see if he had been doing alright, he only woke up because he heard the others voice and thought he was dreaming, to find out everything was real.

The happiness went away when Sungjae finally realized he was also blaming him for getting in the car with Minhyuk, and thinks that they were going to do some stuff that he couldn’t imagine doing with anyone else other than Peniel himself. “I’m too much in love.” Sungjae sighed to himself.

“That’s what it feels like when you’ve been with a person for three years.” Sungjae heard a soft voice say and looked over to find his mother standing beside the door. “Sorry it took so long to get here.” She apologized walked over to her son. “I headed here as soon as I got the call.” She explained herself.

“I understand mom.” Sungjae said giving a weak smile to his mother, trying not to cry knowing that she had heard him earlier.

“Look honey.” Sungjae’s mother began to speak. “I understand that you wanted to get Peniel off your mind, but getting in the car with Minhyuk wasn’t such a good idea.” She said brushing her sons hair out of his face. “He will have to pay for what he has done to you.” She said trying to give a smile to her son.

Sungjae just nodded his head. “I didn’t know he was drunk mom.” He said with a cracked voiced.

“It’s okay,” She patted his head. “You’re okay now, So I’ll leave you, so you can get some rest.” She said and stood up.

“Wait,” Sungjae started. “Will you see if Ilhoon will stay the night here with me?” He asked knowing that his mother couldn’t and had to get back to work as soon as possible. She nodded her head and left the room.

--

A/N: So! This was a very exciting scene lol! I feel like I have way too much drama being added up for just three chapters, but I swear this is a short story so it will die down by the fifth chapter or so, I’m kinda zooming past things, so I don’t have to write much. I feel bad, but I don’t intend on this being a really long story.

I think that if it is good enough I will make a prequel to it, I don’t know.