Chapter Nine

Scared

The car ride home was longer than Sungjae would have thought, and it was bothering him. His mother made him sit in the back with Peniel because she claimed that she needed to talk to Ilhoon. He was staring out the window getting lost in his thoughts and didn't realize that the car had even stopped and that they were home. Feeling something tap on his arm he looked over and saw Peniel looking at him. Quickly glancing around the car he realized that his mother and Ilhoon had already went inside. 

"Sungjae..." Peniel breathed and looked up into the other males eyes. He wanted to explain everything to the other, but he didn't know how, or it was just that the words wouldn't come out of his mouth. 

"What is it?" Sungjae said more rude than what he intended. "I mean, yes?" He quickly corrected himself, he didn't want to make the situation anymore awkward than what it already was. 

"I'm sorry." Peniel whispered and looked up at the other, and stared into his eyes, he could feel his heart melt. He knew that Sungjae loved him a lot but he just tossed it around like it was nothing, and now he didn't know when the time to make it right was. Now. "I love you." He said leaning in and placing a soft but sweet kiss on Sungjae's lips. He felt the butterflies in his stomach and knew that if he didn't want anything to change. Pulling away he quickly got out of the car and ran away leaving Sungjae there. 

-- 

Sungjae was quite surprised that the other had actually kissed him, or even stated that he loved him. He sighed and looked around, before deciding to get out of the car. He walked inside and felt a tear drop on his cheek. "Why?" He mumbled and looked up, he saw Ilhoon on the stairs looking at him. 

"Sungjae.. Come here." Ilhoon stated as he turned around and walked to his friends bedroom. 

Sungjae had followed him, he knew that he would be asked as to why he was crying and what happened between him and Peniel, but he didn't know if he would be able to state it properly. He sat down on his bed next to the other and lyed his back on the mattress. "What is it?" He asked in a soft voice looking at the ceiling. 

"I saw it." Ilhoon stated once again, and looked at Sungjae, "He kissed you." He said as a small smile grew on his friends face. 

"I should think of it as something good right?" Sungjae asked raising up and crossing his feet. 

"Maybe, why did he leave though?" 

"I don't know, he just pulled away and left me." Sungjae mumbled in a soft voice barely enough for the other to hear, he was happy but at the same time, confused. 

"Anyway, should I go home, or do you want me to stay here?" Ilhoon asked looking at the other. 

"Stay here!" Sungjae replied with a smile on his face and layed down on the left side of the bed. 

Ilhoon chuckled and nodded his head lying down next to the other. "Alright then. That way no one can hurt you again." Ilhoon stated and looked over at his friend who was already falling asleep. He stared at his sleeping face and let out a soft sigh. He didn't know why he liked Sungjae, it had just happened like that, and when Peniel had mentioned something about it earlier, he could feel the feelings stronger. He wanted to get rid of them, but it hurt him everytime he saw that Sungjae was upset.  He closed his eyes and tried to ignore his thoughts and fall asleep. 

-- 

It was the next morning and both Sungjae and Ilhoon were up and getting ready for the next day of school. Sungjae's mother suggest him to stay home an extra day and get some rest but he argued and said he didn't want to miss anymore school. As the two walked out the door, Sungjae looked at Ilhoon. "I don't think I've ever been this scared to go to school before." Sungjae stated with a small sigh as he looked at the ground. 

Ilhoon nodded his head in agreement. "I guess I know how you feel." He said looking at the ground as well as the other. 

The two had continued to walk in silence the rest of the way to the school. and both headed straight to their classes. Sungjae had sat down in his seat and rested his head on his desk, for a couple of moments until he felt his partner sit next to him. He slowly raised his head up and went to greet the other but stopped when he realised that it wasn't his partner instead it was Peniel. His eyes widened when he saw the other and no words were coming to his mouth. 

 "I thought that you weren't going to come today." Peniel stated looking at the other. 

"Why is that?" Sungjae mumbled as he fiddled with his thumbs and stared down at his desk. 

"You should make sure you get enough rest." 

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes." Sungjae stated this time looking up at the other. 

"Sungjae.." Peniel said as he looked into the others eyes. 

Sungjae only nodded his head not able to speak. Feeling the other leaning closer to him, Sungjae could feel his heart rate go up. 

"Please go back out with me?" Peniel asked waiting to hear the answer he could feel his palms get sweaty. 

----

A/N: 

Hey guys I am back with another update! I know this one really isn't as good, and honestly I would have updated a lot sooner but I couldn't log into my account for the longest time and I didn't have any motivation. But don't worry I will not give up on this story. I am thinking about writing another one soon, but I might have a different couple. Anyway~ If you like this chapter comment and subscribe.