Chapter Five

Scared

                Peniel walked through the halls of the school finding his way to the cafeteria, scanning the room for a moment he sat down at a table by his girlfriend, Sumi.

                “Hey babe.” She said giving a smile, after Peniel sat down.

                “Hey.” Peniel replied with a monotone voice, he wasn’t really in the mood to talk to anyone at the moment, especially her.

                “What’s wrong?” Sumi asked getting a strange feeling from the other. Peniel just shook his head in reply and looked in the opposite direction, ignoring her question. Sumi let out a sigh, getting herself prepared for what she was going to say. “Look, I know that you’ve been going to see Sungjae occasionally and you need to stop.” She stated trying to look Peniel in the eyes. “You don’t care about him anymore remember? You have me now.” She stated finally getting Peniel to look over at her again.

                Peniel quickly stood up from the table feeling anger grow inside of him, he clenched his fist and looked down at Sumi. “Don’t ever say what I do care about and what I don’t.” He stated giving a slight glare and walked away from the table, leaving Sumi surprised.

--

                Ilhoon just shook his head at the scene that just happened in front of him. He wasn’t spying on them like it had felt like he had been doing he just over heard the conversation and gave a little more detail to it for his friend. ‘If she couldn’t tell you that then why’d you leave Sungjae for her?’ He thought to himself leaving the breakfeast table and headed for his class before the bell rung.

--

                It had been about a week since Sungjae was in the hospital, if he had known that being in there would get his mind off of things he would’ve found a reason to go in there before. Other than the fact that Peniel would like to randomly come in and watch TV for a little bit and leave the room filled with silence that hurt Sungjae, he didn’t think much of Peniel while he was in the hospital.

                Today was the day that he was scheduled to be release and could start everything back to normal. Sungjae smiled when he saw his mom come and get him, she wasn’t able to visit him much, but he understood why. Sungjae got in the car and slept all the way back to his house. Fortunately for him he wouldn’t be starting school that day, but the next. He lied down on his bed and got a message on his phone and check to see who it was.

                To: Sungjae
                From: Peniel

                I heard you got out of the hospital today, how are you?

Sungjae couldn’t help but smile at the message, it made his heart flutter just like it did when he first fell  in love with Peniel, but he knew now that he was only asking as a friend and not much more. He sighed and looked at the message, and began to type a reply.

                To: Peniel
                From: Sungjae

                Thanks for asking, I’m fine though.

Sungjae shut his phone and rolled over, he just wanted to escape from everything in the world. The only way he could do that was by sleeping or crying, and he just felt to tired to cry. He shut his eyes and fell asleep.

--

                Ilhoon got up at the end of class and looked around, deciding to go visit Sungjae, he walked in the opposite direction of his house and quickly found him standing at the doorstep of his friend’s house ringing the doorbell. He waited until Sungjae’s mother let him in and went upstairs to find him in his room asleep, he sat down on the bed finding Sungjae’s phone that lit up. He grabbed the phone and saw that he had plenty of new messages.

                To: Sungjae
                From: Sumi

                This is Sumi. I just wanted to let you know that no matter how hard you try, Peniel is mine now, and he doesn’t want a lowlife like you anymore.

                To: Sungjae
                From: Minhyuk

                Yo! Sorry for what happened, heard you got out of the hospital today. I will make sure I’m safe around you more often alright?

                To: Sungjae
                From: Peniel

                That’s good. Just checking to see if you’re alright.

Ilhoon sighed reading the messages, going back to one message, he deleted Sumi’s message to him. It wasn’t going to hurt him if he didn’t know if he didn’t see it. Ilhoon placed the phone back in Sungjae’s hand and poked him in the side to wake him up, which surely did work.

                “What are you doing here.” Sungjae asked with a hoarse voice after waking up from his sleep.

                Ilhoon just shrugged his shoulders and lied his back down on the bed and looked in Sungjae’s direction. “Just wanted to check on ya, oh and you have a few messages.” Ilhoon said pointing to the phone that he never did lock. Sungjae looked at his phone and nodded ignoring them for the time being.

                “Ilhoon.” Sungjae said looking at the ceiling.

                “Hmm?”

                “Would it be bad if I said I wanted to go back to the hospital?”

--

A/N: Dun dun dun!! So there is chapter five. I went to school today and I couldn’t wait until I got home just to type this story, so yeah I hope you like it. It’s a short chapter I know but I promise the next one will be good.