Chapter Six

Scared

Chapter Six

“What?” Ilhoon asked looking over at Sungjae unsure of what he had heard was correct.

“I don’t know.” Sungjae sighed, “I just thought less while I was there, all I wanted was to find out that I was going to get out with nothing else happening to me.” He continued and closed his eyes lightly.

Ilhoon nodded he didn’t understand much of what Sungjae was talking about, for he, himself, has never been in love and never knew what it felt like to be relieved of thinking of something else. So he wasn’t sure of how to give any advice to him. But he always tried to help out in every way that he could, even if it was so small and simple.

--

                Peniel had no idea what he was doing here, or even how he got in, the door was unlocked and there wasn’t anyone home, or what it seemed like to him, he walked up the stairs quietly, making sure not to make a sound. Stopping in front of a door he  listened to see if he could hear anything.

“Why..why do you have to do this?” Peniel heard a voice say, without any second thoughts he walked into the room and stood there frozen for a moment staring at the sight in front of him, one that he thought he would never have to see, or even wanted to see.

“So sorry dude.” Minhyuk said quickly jumpining off the bed and stood up, he looked at Peniel in the eyes. “I best be going now shouldn’t I?” and left without saying another word.

Peniel just stared at the shirtless figure lying on the bed, and sighed. “This is exactly why I left you.” He stated. “And you go and do it more thinking you are going to get me back?” Peniel said in a quiet anger voice.

Sungjae just stared at Peniel, he didn’t know how to answer him, he wasn’t the one who planned for this, and he would try to explain himself but he could already tell that Peniel would never believe him. “I-I’m sorry.” Sungjae choked on his words.

“Don’t even act like your sorry,” Peniel shook his head, he was tired of everything that was going on and wanted to just put an end to it. “I thought after he put you in the hospital you’d be a little smarter than that to go and talk to him again.”

“It wasn’t his fault!” Sungjae said trying to defend the other.

“Wasn’t his fault? Drunk driving wasn’t his fault, he had no choice but to get drunk. Or are you saying it was your fault for getting in the car with him?”

“I’m not saying any of that. It was his fault but it wasn’t. I didn’t know he was drunk, Peniel please forgive me.”

“Why should I? All you’ve ever done was mess around with Minhyuk. I was beginning to think all of it was a lie, but I guess you just proved me wrong.” Peniel said as he began to leave the room.

Sungjae quickly jumped out of his bed and ran towards Peniel. “I’m sorry for everything.” He said with tears flowing through his eyes. “I needed someone to talk to the first time  this all happened I didn’t know he was going to do anything.” Sungjae choked on his words for a moment. “I didn’t want you to find out because I didn’t want you to leave me.  I still love you Peniel.  I wouldn’t lie to you. I promise!” Sungjae said barely able to see the other one through his teary eyes. “He came over here and began to start things again, I thought he was done with everything but I guess not, I tried to tell him to quit but he just wouldn’t listen.” Sungjae gulped as he finished the last of his words.

“It’s too late now.” Peniel said shoving Sungjae out of his way, walking out the front door. Sungjae quickly tried to follow him but stopped to see Sumi standing in his way.

                “Didn’t you get the note?” Sumi asked in an ‘innocent’ tone. “I told you he’s mine now, you can’t get him back.” She said and left walking away leaving Sungjae standing at his door step.

Sungjae sat down unable to move his body from the porch, he didn’t care if his neighbors where looking at him weird or anything he tried to fix things but only made them worse for himself and he couldn’t take it anymore.

                Finally getting the strength to stand up Sungjae walked back into the house grabbing his phone and dialing a number.

“Hello?” The voice over the phone answered.

“I need you.” Sungjae said and hung up the phone, falling to the floor once again.

--

                “Why where you at his house?” Sumi asked finally catching up with Peniel, who stopped and turned to look at her.

                “Okay.” Peniel began after he thought for a moment. “I can’t do this anymore.  It’s over, I don’t want to be in a realationship with you.” He said and continued to walk “You’re only making things worse on me.”

                “If that’s the way that you want it then fine, but there is no way you are going back to Sungjae.” Sumi said glaring at Peniel and continuing to follow him.

                “You’re not going to hurt him.” Peniel said walking faster trying to leave the other behind, only to find himself at a lost as more and more people crowded infront of him.

                “Who’s going to stop me?” Sumi said batting her eyes and walking away from the other leaving him be. Peniel just shook his head and cursed himself for being so stupid.

                --

Gayoon quickly drove to her cousins house, there wasn’t many times when he called and said little words that sounded horrible and hung up. She began to worry, and ran inside the house without thinking to knock. She found Sungjae lying on the kitchen floor, with his eyes closed. She shook her head. ‘What has he gotten himself into?’ She thought as she tried to get the other one up and carry him to the couch.

Setting him down Gayoon let out a breath, ‘wow he’s heavy.’ She said and examined the other’s body making sure that Sungjae hadn’t done anything to harm himself, she wasn’t exactly sure of what was going on but she only could grab a few details.

“Wake up.” Gayoon said slapping the other slightly in the face trying to get Sungjae conscious again, and only had to try a few times.

Sungjae stirred for a moment not sure of who was trying to wake him up this time and wiped the sleep from his eyes. He blinked for a moment until he saw his older cousin sitting beside him. “Thanks.” He said giving a weak smile to the other.

“Who do I need to kill?” Gayoon asked knowing that someone had hurt her baby even if it wasn’t physically, she still knew that something happened.

Sungjae just shook his head, “You don’t need to kill anyone.” He paused for a moment. “I need you to help me..” He said looking down at the floor fiddling with his thumbs, he was never good for asking for simple favors like this.

“With what?”  Gayoon asked tilting her head, wanting to know more about what the younger had been talking about.

“Talk to Peniel for me please.” Sungjae said trying to hold back the tears as he said his name, and Gayoon nodded her head pulling the other one in for a hug understanding his pain, as she had went through the same thing when she was younger.

--

A/N: Woah!! A surprise appearance lol! Anyway I hope you liked this one, I felt like my drama died down for a bit and so I had to add more to it, I can see Peniel has finally realized his stupid mistake for leaving Sungjae for the girl! Well I’m really super excited for this story!