Chapter One

Scared

                Sungjae walked reluctantly to school, him and his boyfriend, Peniel, had been fighting for the past week, and he hadn’t seen him since the end of the school day Friday. He looked up at the building and gave a small smile. ‘Maybe things will be better’ He thought to himself, and walked inside, he found his way to his classroom and set down in his seat. He looked around only to find one other person in here, and they were sleeping. He put his elbow on the desk and rested his chin in the palm of his hand as he looked out the window and watched the people walk by.

                Sungjae heard the classroom door slide open, and looked over only to find Peniel standing there, and began to walk towards him, Sungjae could feel his stomach grow tighter at each foot step the other took. Peniel slammed his hands down on the others desk and looked up in the eye. “H-hi.” Sungjae squeaked, he wasn’t sure what to say, or what the other was going to say. He could only tell that there was anger in his eyes. Peniel leaned closer and began to whisper in Sungjae’s ear. As Peniel walked out of the class room Sungjae felt tears welling up in his eyes, he knew that it was going to happen sooner or later, he just didn’t know when.  Sungjae grabbed his stuff and went to the roof of the school, unsure of what to do, he had just lost the love of his life and he knew that he wouldn’t be able to stand class, he sat up there and walked towards the small garden that the freshman had planted last year, and sat down beside it. He remembered doing that with Peniel and began to cry once again.

--

               The class began to start and Sungjae still hadn’t arrived in the class or so everyone, other than Peniel, had assumed. Ilhoon looked over at his seatmate and sighed. “What did you do?” He hissed at the other, knowing that he must of done something horrible to his best friend. Peniel just shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. Ilhoon glared at the other and got up to leave the room before the teacher got in so he wouldn’t excuse himself, and ran to the rooftop, where he knew Sungjae would be.

Ilhoon felt a quick relief when he found Sungjae there, but felt anger grow quickly inside of him when he saw tears on the other’s face.  He took a seat beside the other and put his arm around the other pulling him closer so that he could lean on him. Ilhoon had always hated skinship, but he knew that the younger was in need of comforting.

“He left me..” Sungjae said sniffling as he could feel the crying began to stop. He looked up at Ilhoon with red eyes and sighed. “He left me for her… ” He continued his sentenced and felt another tear slide down his cheek. Ilhoon wiped the tear away and hugged the other. “It’ll be fine.” He said trying to comfort the other. “He doesn’t know what he is going to lose.” He said as he pulled Sungjae up.

Sungjae shook his head, he felt like Peniel wouldn’t be losing much, but that he would be getting something better than him. He walked by the railing and leaned on it so that he could look down at the scenery of the school. Ilhoon followed him. “Are you not going to class?” He asked knowing the answer from the other. “I’ll go talk to him.” Ilhoon said and left the other alone on the rooftop.

---1 week earlier---

Sungjae was sitting beside Peniel with a small smile on his face, until he heard Peniel’s phone go off and saw that it was a text from a girl that he knew was trying to get with him for a while, she knew that Peniel had a boyfriend, but didn’t care.

‘Hey babe ;)” The message read, Sungjae glared at the message for a moment until Peniel locked his phone and set it down, ignoring it. “Who was that?” Sungjae asked with a slight hint of jealousy in his voice, he didn’t call Peniel babe, but he for sure wouldn’t allow anyone else call him that.

The two had been dating for 3 years, and this would be their 4th year, and it seemed to Sungjae that it would be coming to an end soon, which he had hoped would not come.  “Just some girl who thinks she can get me.” Peniel replied simply, Sungjae looked at him, knowing that he was lying. He knew that he talked to the girl sometimes, and would even flirt with her. He even did it in front of his face. Sungjae bit his lip trying to hold back the anger and nodded. “Well you’re mine.” Sungjae said grabbing the others hand and leaned his head on his shoulder, Peniel just chuckled slighty and nudged the other. “Let’s go to my house alright?” He said motioned for the other to get up. Sungjae nodded his head and stood up waiting for the other, and followed him home.

                “I know you talk to her.” Sungjae said as they reached Peniels house and walked into his room. Peniel shut the door and looked at him. “Why are you trying to hide it from me.” He asked taking a seat in Peniel’s desk chair.

                “I’m not,” Peniel said walking closer to the other. “I keep telling her I only have you, and I don’t want anyone else.” He continued setting his knee in between Sungjaes legs on the chair, and his hands on the two arms. Sungjae looked up at him and gulped. “I love you Sungjae.” Peniel gave a small smile and leaned in for a kiss. Peniel took one hand off the arm of the chair and reached for the zipper of Sungjae’s pants and began to mess with it. Sungjae grabbed Peniel’s wrist and pulled away from the kiss. “Not now.” He said shaking his head, knowing that he was trying to get him to do this so he could get the girl off his mind. Peniel tilted his head at the other. “Why not?” He asked actually sitting on the knees of the other, looking him in the eye. Sungjae just shook his head. “Look if it’s about Sumi, it’s nothing.” He paused for a moment. “She’s just a friend.” He said and began to raise his voice.

“Just a friend?” Sungjae asked quickly, and began to think of all the times he had found stuff on Peniel’s phone while he didn’t realize it. “You flirted with her right in front of my face hyung! You even asked her for pictures.” Sungjae yelled as he began to fill tears in his eyes.

“Ask for pictures?”  Peniel asked. “You went through my phone?” He yelled a little louder than planned. “I thought we agreed to never do that.”

“I wouldn’t have to if I didn’t have the strange thought of you cheating on me.” Sungjae said quietly as he heard the front door of the house open and shut indicating that the other’s parents where home. “Plus, you looked through my phone plenty of times before.” He continued to say.

“Right, and what about all the guys you where texting, that were calling you cute huh?” Peniel asked looking at the other. “You never stated the fact that you had a boyfriend.” He said glaring at the other. “Even though I tolled Sumi straight up that I did.”

“I wasn’t leading them on though!” Sungjae said beginning to raise his voice once again. “I just said thanks, it’s not like you don’t get compliments from other people.” He said and walked out of the room, and left headed for home.

--Now

“You know Sumi is just a right?” Ilhoon asked walking up to Peniel who had been in the bathrooms.

Peniel just shook his head, “She’s better than him.” Were the only words that he said and began to throw cold water on his face.

Ilhoon glared at him for a moment, he knew plenty of ways that Sungjae was better than Sumi. “Oh so she has a ?” He asked stating the obvious. “Last time I checked you were gay, and wouldn’t let any girls touch you.” Ilhoon said with slight anger in his voice.

“Who ever said a guy can’t change?” Peniel asked drying his face off and looking at Ilhoon through the mirror.

“Not like that they can’t.” Ilhoon replied and sighed. “Look I know that you and Sungjae had been together for a really long time, and I know that you know he loves you and only you.” He paused for  a moment. “So what happened?” He asked calming his voice trying to figure out everything. “How did this get in the picture?” Ilhoon asked.

“That’s none of your concern.” Peniel said and walked out of the bathroom leaving Ilhoon in there.

--

A/N: So here is another Penjae story. I know It’s so weird how I put drama at the very beginning of the story but I hope that you like it. I got the idea of the story through the song  “Scared” by Zendaya, and I thought that I would make a good Penjae story since they are like my favourite BTOB couple, and will be forever!

Anyway I hope that you will like this story. I’ll try to update as much as possible as well as my other story An exchange student.