Day 7

100 Paper Cranes

 

Day 7, September 13, 2010.

     “Seventh day~ It’s already a week! Seojin-ah, do you need a true love’s kiss? Aigoo. Ireona~ or else I’ll kiss you. Kekeke~

 

**

 

     Love calls, love messages and mails, flowers, hugs, kisses, intimacy, skin ship. For four months, Chanyeol had given Seojin all of those, but she couldn’t get enough. The Chanyeol that falls for her deeper every day. It makes her want to forget her real condition and just live her life to the fullest with him.

 

     Chanyeol took his desired course: architecture. He maybe really good at singing and playing instruments, but nothing compares to his ultimate dream, building and designing structures and buildings. As for Seojin, her family decided to let her attend college after the operation, to which Seojin agreed.

 

     “Chanyeol-ah, eomma already agreed that I’ll be attending the same college with you.”

 

     “Jinjja? That’d be great!” Chanyeol exclaimed. “It’d be better if you’d also take architecture.”

 

     “Na~ I don’t want to make things harder for myself.” She chuckled.

 

     They were in the midst of making and folding paper cranes on that day. Picnic day.

 

     “Chanyeol-ah, what will you do when I’m gone?” Chanyeol halted and glanced at her. “Gone?”

 

     “Gone.. you know..” Seojin thought of a thing, and then she made a gesture of a dead signage. Chanyeol’s mind went blank for a while. “Don’t fool me around, huh.” Chanyeol cutely warned and pinched Seojin’s nose with two of his fingers.

 

     “I’ve done some research about that heart surgery thing. The survival rate is high enough to make me feel relieved.” Chanyeol snapped. Yes, for a couple of times, he did some research. The rate was 98%. Thought there are some conditions. Emotional, psychological factors. But he was sure those were no problems for Seojin. She is loved. Loved by her family, her friends, God, and of course, him.

 

     The last thing to be considered are the doctors and their capability. But he trusted the korean doctors a lot, so it gave him less worries.

 

     “But think of it, Park Chanyeol. What if I won’t survive?”

 

     “You will survive.” He replied directly as he was finishing his third paper crane for that day. He is now up to making paper flowers.

 

     “Chanyeol-ah.” Seojin called him, and when he looked at her, a paper beak caught the tip of his nose and he winced. “Why’d you do that?” he frowned.

 

     “That’s for being too positive.” Seojin smirked and gave him a ‘death’ glare, which he thought is cute. “You don’t consider what if’s don’t you?”

 

     “I don’t consider those when your life depends on those what ifs.” He replied nonchalantly as he continued making paper flowers. Right now he was doing the second one.

 

     Seojin removed the paper beak from her hand and took another white paper. She will make a paper crane for the first time on that day. but before she could make one, she wrote something on the paper. Chanyeol was curious to death, but he chose to finish the paper flower. Later he’ll find that out.

 

      But he was really curious to the extent that it was bothering him so he asked her while she was already folding the paper.

 

     “What did you write?”

 

     “The date today.”

 

     “What else?”

 

     “Only the date.”

 

     “I saw it was longer than that.”

 

     “I wrote your name.”

 

     “Why?”

 

      Seojin grinned in reply and continued to fold the paper until it formed into a crane. “Because I love you.”

 

     Chanyeol furrowed his brows and looked at her in confusion. The one she said earlier wasn’t related to what she answered to the questions earlier than that. But he must admit he was mentally giggling. After she was done, she put it inside her wallet and put it in her bag again. Chanyeol saw it but preferred not to ask because he knew he would just go wild and his cheeks would flush red again.

 

     He’s so deeply in love with her that he couldn’t control his gay reactions.

 

     “Chanyeol-ah, can I have a favor?”

 

     “Of course.”

 

     “Could you peel those mangoes in the basket?”

 

     Seojin requested. Chanyeol thought it was something really important that his heart was beating furiously because of the awaited favor. Because of it, Chanyeol decided to give her a consequence but she won’t know it was one.

 

     “Wear this for me first.” Chanyeol raised one of the paper tulips he made, the red one, and showed it to her.

 

     “But I’ll look like an idiot.” 

 

     “No. you’ll look prettier than usual.”

 

     “Sirheo.”

 

      “Then I won’t slice the mangoes.” He smirked.

 

     Seojin wasn’t the kind of lady who acts like a kid, whining and speaking in cute little voices. For her it was disgusting and being matured is better than that.

 

     “Fine.” She mocked and grabbed the object from him. But Chanyeol took the tulip and volunteered himself to be the person who will place it above her right ear. Seojin immediately covered her face with her hands and purposely raised her voice. “Now please slice the mangoes.”

 

     “You should show your face first.” Chanyeol teased.

 

     “No.” she blunted.

 

     Chanyeol crossed his arms and smirked. “Fine.”

 

     This time, she started to whine. She wanted to eat mangoes but Chanyeol deprived her from it.

 

     “Go slice them yourself.”

 

     “Please Chanyeol. I’m begging you.”

 

     “You shouldn’t beg for small things.” He replied, his voice of a tone like a father disciplining his little girl.

 

     “But foods mean a lot.” Seojin snapped and she held her laughter when she said this. Same as Chanyeol who is looking at her covered face.

 

     “Please~” Seojin said. Can’t take of his girlfriend’s request, he finally took the mangoes out and started to peel them one by one before slicing. Seojin sneaked through her fingers and when she saw he finally did the slicing, she felt so happy and excited.

 

     That was their last date before Seojin was confined in the hospital for her final medications before the surgery.

 

 

 

 

---

And now Exam week is almost over so I've got time to type~ ^^ Thank you and welcome new subscriber~! ♥