Day 1

100 Paper Cranes

 

[NOTE! Here's the theme song for this story. Enjoy! ;)]

 

     7pm in the 8th of September. Chanyeol was at the hospital, together with Seojin’s parents. His heart was beating unusually while looking at his watch. He couldn’t think of anything except her, only her. Only her face kept on appearing in his mind. It has been two hours since they entered the operating room with the unconscious Seojin lying on the cot. He couldn’t leave anyways. What if there’s bad news coming? What if she didn’t make it? But hell no. He trusts in her. She’s a brave lady. Brave enough to handle the operation successfully.

 

     Soon the doctors assigned for the operation got out from the room. Seojin’s mother, who’s still weeping and grieving, ran towards the doctor. Chanyeol’s body froze on his spot. Whether it’s a good or bad news, he’s still not yet ready. His hopes didn’t rise.

 

     “The operation went well, madam.” The doctor assured, tapping the older woman’s shoulder. Seojin’s mom couldn’t help but sigh in relief, but there wasn’t a smile on her face. The painful emotion is still present though, to which Chanyeol felt more scared. Yes, the operation went well. But it doesn’t mean Seojin will wake up sooner or later, with her condition. She’ll be staying cataleptic; insensible; time for her is still uncertain.

 

Day 1, September 8, 2011.

     “My dearest Seojin, you were moved into another room, more peaceful and tranquil. You look so exhausted. Several wires are still connected on several parts of your body. Your pale face makes my heart sink.”

 

**

 

     “I like you, Kim Seojin.” Chanyeol whispered.

 

     Seojin’s smile, instead of it growing wider, it slowly faded from her lips. She couldn’t believe what she heard. He likes her? How come? How could it be?

 

     She let go from his embrace. They were currently dancing on a jazz music during their Junior prom. Her eyes were fixed on him, but no words came into her head. The man she’s dancing with likes her. The three words she heard explained everything, but she couldn’t believe it.

 

     “I like you.” Chanyeol repeated, in case he thought she didn’t hear it. And as if a lightning, the incredible feeling made her shiver. She remembered those times when Chanyeol introduced himself, asked for her number, other several times when he would choose to study with her that rehearsing with his band mates. It was showing affection. Seojin was just staring at him, and Chanyeol adored the female’s cute, confused face.

 

     “Park Chanyeol.”

 

     He grinned when he heard his name. “Kim Seojin.” He jokingly replied. “Would you like to go out with me? You know.. for some time.. watch mo—“

 

     “Of course.”

 

     Surprised by the lady’s reply, it’s Chanyeol’s time for his eyes to widen, and time for Seojin to chuckle. At first she was hesitating; but who knows? Plus it’s only a hang-out. A date. Nothing wrong with that..unless she’ll fall for him too.

 

     Chanyeol happily wrapped his arms around her and gave her a warm embrace. A lovely one.

 

     Finally she agreed.

 

**

 

     “Chanyeol. Would you like to stay here?” Seojin’s mom woke him up from his senses. He was staying still, thinking nothing. Or at least Seojin. He nodded and the older woman tapped his shoulder before leaving.

 

     He couldn’t handle looking at his unconscious loved one for a long time.

 

     What he saw earlier as she was being transferred was enough for him to break down and cry. With trembling hands, he wrote the first paragraph on the black-colored paper and folded it carefully, creating it into a new paper crane. Tears are slowly forming on the lower corner of his eyes, and anytime they will fall and soak the paper wet.

 

     He promised to make those while waiting for her to wake up.

 

 

 

----

First Chapter's up! :) The 2nd one will be longer, I assure you. :)

Comments are much appreciated ♥