Day 2

100 Paper Cranes

 

Day 2, September 9, 2011.

     “Seojin-ah, I was staring at you for a long time today. But it broke my heart again seeing you in that state. Because of that I went out from the room and cried myself out.”

 

**

 

     Chanyeol prepared a lot for their first date. 7pm, at the Gae Hwa Oak Restaurant. That was the exact time. It’s still 6pm but Chanyeol’s already fully prepared. It’ll be his first date, as well as hers, so he shouldn’t fail. He’s anxious about her getting discouraged, so after trying a lot of clothes, he came up wearing a simple shirt matched with classy pants and shoes. Best for first dates.

 

     At the place where both of them will meet, Chanyeol kept on practicing the words he would say to her, how he would greet her, how he would approach her. In the midst of rehearsing himself, Seojin arrived in her pink dress and white stylish shoes. Of course, her smile was plastered on her face. She too, is nervous of what will happen tonight.

 

     When she bowed and greeted him first, Chanyeol was instantly taken aback. He got so attracted with the lady in front of her.

 

     She’s an angel.

 

     “So, where will we go?”

 

     They had a dinner first (of course romantic) before Chanyeol brought her to the movie s.

 

     “Let’s watch this!” Chanyeol pointed the movie poster of a horror movie. He didn’t realize what he had done. He quite forgot his manners. Seojin looked at him in surprise, and Chanyeol’s cheeks flushed. He now realized the way he aced. His excitement killed his manliness in an instant. He acted like a three-year-old earlier, and he wanted to beat himself for doing that carelessly in front of her. “I don’t like watching movies.” She mumbled.

 

     Chanyeol face palmed. Is it because of the way he acted earlier? Now he felt so ashamed. He stuttered, “I-I’, so—sorry Seo—Seojin-sshi, it’s—j—“

 

     “It’s not your fault.” Seojin glanced at him again and smiled, reassuring him it wasn’t really his omission earlier. But even though her smile made his heart melt, he was still blaming himself.

 

     Seojin stayed behind him and gently pushed him while they were walking, “Let’s try something else.” She suggested.

 

     The skinship made his heart beat abnormally.

 

     “W---What will w---we t—ry?”

 

     “Stop stuttering over there. I told you it’s not your fault why I don’t like to watch a movie.”

 

     “You don’t like movies?”

 

     “Yes.” She blunted. Well, her voice made it sound humble.

 

     Chanyeol wondered how is it even possible. He wanted to ask why but he knew it wouldn’t be rightful to ask more personal questions, especially it’s their first date. Considering the fact that he wanted to know a lot about her, he should control his feels.

 

     They spent the night at the bookstore inside the same mall, eventually. Chanyeol got dismayed with how the date went. Therefore, Seojin doesn’t like to stay in noisy places. Earlier Chanyeol suggested that they should go to the arcade, but Seojin kindly refused. Since then, he didn’t suggest any more noisy places. Honestly speaking, he was kind of boring. Chanyeol hated books. Well, just kind of. He’s more of a person who likes loud beats and music, huge crowd, and wild people. But seeing Seojin enjoying the company of books, he seemed fine with it. Not he knew why he always sees her in the school library. She’s a pure bookworm.

 

     “Thank you for tonight, Chanyeol-sshi. I enjoyed it. And thank you for the book.” She said and smiled. Of course, as a ‘remembrance’, Chanyeol bought the book Seojin had read while they were inside the bookstore. He was sure she liked it so he bought it for her without hesitation.

 

     Enjoyed.

 

     So she really enjoyed the night when honestly there was no fun at all. Chanyeol could only scratch the back of his head and smile. The least thing he did tonight was bring her to that lame bookstore. Nothing more. Even the dinner part. It wasn’t much.

 

     “Bye. See you tomorrow at school.” Seojin bid him a goodbye as she entered the taxi he hailed a moment ago. Chanyeol watched as the vehicle got farther and out of sight. He heaved a sigh as a wider smile formed on his lips. He walked to the bus stop while thinking of Seojin.

 

     Who cares if the night wasn’t an exciting one? He still loves her. Plus she enjoyed. It was all that mattered.

 

 

----

 

2nd Chapter's up! :)