Part 8

~ It Started with One Dollar ~

O.O………O.O………..O.O

You felt your head was ready to fall off from your neck. He took you to various rides. Some are done twice. And you really had enough.

“Kai, I’m hungry. Let’s stop”

“Ah, right. It’s dinner time. Let’s go eat hotdog, is that ok?”

“I think I could eat everything now”

He led you to the hotdog stand but you stopped him. You remember one thing. “Kai. Let’s eat something else”

-------

Kai looked around the street while sitting on a customer table. He waited for you. You two were already out from the Lotte world and went to the convenient store in town.

“Here” You put down a cup of instant seaweed soup in front of Kai. He immediately rose his eyebrows while his eyes on you.

“Ige mwo ya?”

“Seaweed-soup”

“Why do you want to eat seaweed soup?” He sniffed the soup

“It’s for you”

“For me? Wae?”

“Today Is your birthday, isn’t it? Saengil-Chukkahae”

“Saengil?” He leaned his head, trying to remember

“You forgot your own birthday? Manager Lee told me on the phone, it’s also the reason why he would let you go this time. Because today it’s your birthday”

“I really forgot. Since birthday is meant nothing to me anymore”

“Don’t say that. It’s a great day. You should be happy”

“But  I am. Coz I have a reason to remember it and I have someone to ask for celebrating it together. It’s you. Thanks so much. I’m feeling grateful to be born in this world, so I can meet you”

You looked away and scratched your neck. You were feeling awkward and shy. You heard him laughing.

“I’ll eat it. Chal mokkgeshimnida” He raised the cup and slurped the soup but then he spill it out, “Ah, Deuggo! It’s hot” He stuck his tongue out.

You laugh, “Ya, what made you so careless? Don’t die in your birthday. Eat slowly”

He smiled “Yes, honey” then eat again.

“Stop calling me honey. It feels weird”

“It means you like it” he teased you.

“Eish, stop talking. Palli meokgo!” You shouted at him.

“Arasseo…” He took the plastic spoon and mixed the soup. He tasted it a bit and sighed, “Wooo, jinja mashida. You want some?”

You shook your head, but Kai already held out the spoon in front of your mouth and stuffed the soup in. You shrieked a bit when the soup’s drop rolled on your chin. You tried to wipe it off but Kai did it first. He swept the drop off of your chin. “Mian” he said.

You shut your lips tightly together and looked away.

Kai slurped the rest soup then put down the emptied cup on the table. “I’m done. Now…” He extended his hand, showing you his palm.

“Mwo?” you looked at his hand.

“My present. Where is it?”

“Present? The soup isn’t enough for you?”

“Are you kidding me? The soup is the first tradition, there are two another tradition right? Cake and Present”

“I don’t have that much money for cake and present, unless you want something cheap, like a sticker collection of your favorite girl band”

“Do you think I’m a kinder gardener? No, real present. Palli”

“I told you I don’t have one now. I’ll give it to you next time”

“My birthday is today. No next time. That would be sooo yesterday, Lee Ma Ha”

“You are asking too much for someone who forgot his own birthday”

“It’s your entire fault, isn’t it? You were the one who remind me first. Don’t blame me. I want to have something from my girlfriend”

“Why is it always my entire fault?” You mumbled.

He sighed, “There is a present that you can get without money”

“Mwonde?”

Kai suddenly got up from his seat and he leaned forward. Your face was exactly under his face. He looked at you straight and he pointed to his lips, “A kiss” he said.

“M-mwo?” You yelled and blinking rapidly.

“Wae? It’s not like we haven’t kiss before. We kissed twice right?” He smirked. He pouted and closed his eyes. He was getting closer to you.

You slipped off from your seat, “I-I’ll go buy the present!” Then you ran to the store again.

Kai pounded the table softly and watched you running. He laughed.

You saw Kai playing with the gravels with his feet while waiting for you. You looked at the present inside the plastic bag on your hand. You approached him slowly and cleared your throat. He turned around.

“Igeo!” You gave him the plastic bag, “It’s the only one I can afford of”

“Wahhh, what is it?” He snatched the bag and peeked inside. “Earphones?”

“Since you’re a dancer and you listened to songs, it can accompany you. It suits for I-pad too”

“But why Tazmanian devil?” He looked at the cartoon character that attached on each earphone.

“You looked like him. Devil” You walked away to the bus shelter. Sooner later you felt someone back-hugged you. But this time you already know who.

“Gomawo. It’s really cute. I’ll use it to listens to all of my favorite songs. We can share too” Kai adjusted his hands around you shoulder, make it tighter. You felt warm on your body. You ended up smiling too.

“Hmmm. Saengil chukkahae”

--------

You opened your eyes. You felt your head leaned on something. It was Kai’s right shoulder. You two were on bus on the way to your home. Kai’s house is the opposite direction of your house. But he was the one who demanded you to let him to take you home. On the bus you two listened to songs using the Earphones that you just bought for him until you fall a sleeps. But now you woke up. You felt his hands around you and your arm softly.

You admitted to yourself that it felt…..so good.

You looked at yourself on the reflection. You used to watch couple on bus sitting together and the girl leaned on the boy’s shoulder.  They were Chatting and laughing together. You were envy of them but now it was happening to you. You were happy to be honest. You were wonder if there are people who envy of you right now. You hide a smiled and adjusted your head on his shoulder, still pretend sleeping. He noticed your movement and adjusted his hand to make you more comfortable.

‘It seemed not a problem for giving him a chance. Instead of me who granted wish for him, he was the one who made my dreams come true. Though I felt like going crazy, I’m having so much fun while at the amusement park. Also, here. I’ve always dreamed to be treats romantically while sitting on the bus by my boyfriend, just like in the drama. But now it’s happening. And I think…I started to like him too’

You smiled again but tried so hard not making him feel your smile. Then you heard him humming. He hummed the song that just started. You too focused your ear on the song. Then you blushed.

--------------

You two get off from bus after arrived to your house area. You told him to hailed taxi and go home, but he still a devil that kept insisted being a good boyfriend and don’t listen to you and walked you on the street toward your house. The only thing you could do was sighing and let him do whatever he wants. Remember today is his birthday.

When you two passed a kid play ground, he stopped. “Ya, let’s play for a while”

“Play? Can you see what time is now? It’s almost late. My mom is going to kill me if I come home really late” You complained at Kai who already took a seat on one of the swing.

“It’s only 9. Just tell your mom that you are having an awesome date with an awesome boyfriend, the date is too awesome so you don’t even want to go home” He smirked while swinging by.

“YA! If I tell her that she’s not only kill me but she’ll cut me into pieces”

“Did your mom that strict? Doesn’t she allow you to have boyfriend?”

“She does, but I’m the only child and I’m a girl, that’s the reason”

“Then should I go visit your house and introduce myself and tell her ‘Omoni, your lovely daughter is on the right hand. I’ll take care of her. Don’t worry’ Should I?”

“Mwo?! Ya, don’t ever dare to come to my house! Ever!”

“Sorry. I can’t promise you” He was swing back and forth while smiling but then he stopped. “Ma Ha-ya, can you standing right there? I want to try something”

“What? Where?”

“Over there” He pointed to the ground at the right side of you. It means you’ll stand up straight at his swinging direction. You noticed it and screamed at him again.

“YA! The thing that you want to try is…TO KICK ME WHILE SWINGIN TOWARD ME? WHAT A DEVIL! YOU CAN’T DO THAT TO A GIRL! DO IT TO SOMEONE ELSE!”

“I won’t kick you, I promise. Want to prove something that I once saw in the drama”

“Drama? You’re watch drama too?”

“Of course, there are lots of pretty actresses. I won’t missed them”

You scoffed, “Mwo?”

“Ya, do what I said! Palli. Over there!”

You finally do what he said. You too really want to know what he is trying to do. “Right here?”

“No, that’s too far. Step closer”

You stepped closer. “Right here?”

He leaned his head while looking at you. “Why are you so short?”

Your eyes went wide, “Ok! Bye!” You turned around and walked away.

“No. No. Wait” He got off from the swing and chased you “I’m sorry. You’re not short. You’re cute” He giggled and led you back to the previous position.

“Do it fast. I want to go home” You stomped your feet.

“Ok” He made an Ok sign. “Na Kanda!” He adjusted his seat and made some steps backward. He let go of his feet then he swinging forth. You watched him swung toward you.  He was getting closer. He smiled and…

Chu!

He pecked you on your lips.

You understand. So the thing that he wanted to try is ‘Swing Kiss’.

“AAAAAH IT WORKS! IT WORKS!” He made a celebration alone while you were stood there like a statue. Heart was beating so fast.

“One more time” he exclaimed.

Before you noticed it, he swung again then he pecked you for the second times. He made another swing. You moved back and closed your eyes. But nothing happens. You just heard a ‘thug’ sound on the ground. You felt a warm breath on your face. You peeked with open your eyes half. Then you saw Kai was already standing in front of you.

You quickly opened both of your eyes, “Y-ya. What is that? What did you just do?”

“Lee Ma Ha…” he said.

“W-wae?”

“May I ask you one question?”

“Mwol?”

“Why did you give up on the battle?”

“Euh?”

“Is because you feel sorry for me?”

“What?”

 “Because I was look weak at that time?”

“A-ani, keugae…”

“I meant it”

“About what?”

“About liking you. I really do. I didn’t lie. I do really like you, Ma Ha. From the very first time I saw you. In Hong Dae”

‘What did he said? He likes me from the first time he saw me? So the One dollar is some kind of his confession or something?’

You looked at him back but didn’t know what to say.

“I don’t know what your reason is, but I’ll try so hard to make you like me. To make you fall in love with me. So your feeling toward me is not a pity anymore, but love”

You gulped hard. You looked into his eyes. You didn’t expect that he is going to have such a deep feeling toward you. You two are still young. He seems kind of a person who doesn’t want to wasting time. Then you too should say your true feeling that you keep puzzling for the whole day.

“Kai-ah...I’m really sorry for making you feel bad about my sudden decision. It was true that the reason why I made that decision is because I don’t want to see you forcing yourself to win. And the only thing that would make you stop is make you win, so I gave up. Didn’t mean to feel sorry or anything, but… that day you really need to stop. You don’t look good. And somehow, I hate to see you like that. The fragile you, is…more annoying than the arrogant you. But then…I came to another decision today”

“Another decision?”

“Hmmm. Because you kept telling me you like me so much and you also treat me better, so…I decided to give you a chance. Then something started to grow in me. Honestly, I felt a bit….you know…jealous of those girls, especially when I comparing myself with them. I felt like I was an ugly duckling, I didn’t look good enough to be by your side. And thought you might have lost your mind for liking such an ordinary girl like me, but then I was surprised and touched by how you proudly introduced me to those girls as your girlfriend. I felt like being the most special person in the world”

“You are” He said, smiling.

You inhaled deeply and looked at his eyes. “I think, I too…starting to like you. No, maybe… I already like you”

Kai smiled and cupped your face, “Gomawo”

Then he kissed you again. It’s not a peck from swinging, but the real kiss under the light. The two pairs of lips are touched. They pressed softly to each others.

You wrapped your hands around his neck. You felt a weigh fall off of your shoulder. You felt a big relief for saying the whole things that you have been feel on the inside of you. You promised yourself to treat him better.

‘Thank You Kai for liking me, for giving me some adventure. Thank you’

 

To Be Continued….

[A/N] Woooow…how is it guys? Another chap ^^

Welcome for new subscribers, so happy to find out many readers like this Fan Fic. I’m so touched. My heart was pounding so hard when I write the last scene. I’m intended to describe your/Ma Ha feeling that just revealed toward Kai, as deep as possible. (But yeah…I had a limitation on my vocabs and grammar, feel sorry for myself) But still, I hope you guys like this one. It’s my favorite chap to be honest, kekeke no bragging ^^. Leave a comment and let me know what you think  . (>^o^)>