Part 11

~ It Started with One Dollar ~

‘Surgery? What the hell Is happening to him?’

You couldn’t get your mind off of the word ‘Surgery’.

When you saw him ended his phone call, you ran back to your table and act like you heard nothing. Few minutes later, Kai came back. He also wore a face as if nothing happened. He smiled while took his seat.

“Does the pasta taste good?”

“Hmmm” You reply him with a soft hum, he seems didn’t like it.

“Wae? Just tell me if you didn’t like it. I’ll get another food for you”

“Dwaesso. It’s fine”

“Yah, Lee Ma Ha. Why don’t you look thrilled to be with me? Don’t you miss me? I miss you a lot you know”

You stay quite. Eat your pasta.

“Is it because I didn’t tell you I was in the hospital? You still mad at me? Hei, I told you it was not a big deal” Kai ruffled your hair and giggled.

You had an urge to ask him what is really happened to him? Is he suffering from a serious illness?

“Jong In-ah…”

“Wae?” Jong In asked in excited cause you finally speak. But once you saw his face you hesitated.

“Ani…” you pulled off the words back to your heart.

“Ya, wae? I’m curious”

“Nothing. I just want to say…” You looked him in the eye, “Don’t lie to me again”

Kai was seems taken back by your last sentence, but he hid the shock expression anyway, all he show off was his forced smile. “Ah araseo! I won’t do it again. I promise!”

“Good” You said lamely.

You both were remain silent until you finished your lunch. Kai took you home and he said he is headed home too. He kissed your cheeck and headed off.

You watched him left with his car, something came to your mind. You stopped a taxi.

“Ahjussi, follow that car, please” You pointed to Kai’s car ahead. The driver nodded and he moved. While watching Kai’s car from inside the taxi, you unconsciously biting on your nails and kept told the driver not to make them seen by Kai.

You saw his car turned right. Your taxi followed him then stopped.

“He got in to the hospital, Agassi” the driver said, “You want me to follow him to the parking lot?”

You felt bitter in your heart, you shook your head to the driver and gave him the money. “No. I’m off here. Kamsahamnida” then you got off from the taxi.

You saw Kai talking to his manager. Not just talked they seem were having an argument. Kai slowly and lazily walked to the hospital with his manager followed him behind. You decided to follow him as well. You slowly walked behind them, made a quite far distance when they got on behind the wall and kept your eyes focus on the door. Then you saw manager Lee walked out of the room and was talking on the phone.

When he walked pass you, you held his hand made him automatically turn his body toward you. With his surprised face he asked you, “Lee Ma Ha-ssi, what are you doing here?”

“What happened?”

“What?”

“Please tell me what is really happened to Kai? Please…”

---

You walked slowly into the corridor. Your head was filled with the words that Manager had told you about Kai’s condition. You felt your body trembled so You stop walking and leaned your body to the wall and support your body by pushed your hand against the wall.

‘Kai has pretty bad condition’

You recalled the words again.

‘He has…kidney failure . it’s pretty chronic and he had been hospitalized for the last three months.’

The last three months.

You shocked by that words because three months is the time way before you met him. It means, he lied about live in his house. He stayed in the hospital and go out for his schedule.

‘He really likes you, Ma Ha-ssi. He likes you so much until he often missed his schedule for doing dyalisis. Like the day when he met you in the lotte world, he should have his treatment but he escaped’

You didn’t know what Kai has on his mind. He really doesn’t care about his own healthy just to see you. You feel bad until you willing to jump off to the first floor right now when you recalled how bad he looked like when he met you at the date day. He ran to get you yet he was in pretty bad condition.

‘He doesn’t want you to know. So, please keep it a secret that I told you the truth’

You bit your lower lip and closed your eyes. You were out of breath as if something pushed you on the both sides.

‘He has the chance to survive, hasn’t he?’

That is your last question you asked to the manager, and his answer is the most frightening one.

‘He has, but only about 10 percents. Since he always missed his treatment and the chance to success in the transplantation is also…not really promising, because his body might reject the transplantation and trust me, I’ve tried to check myself out if my Kidney is might good for him, but no…it’s not match, so… he is…dying”

Dying….

That word made your head spinning around like a crazy roller coaster. Your heart pounded so hard and made you loosen your hand from the wall. You need a fresh air. You headed yourself to the rooftop again, but when you were just about to go further you stop. Your eyes were glued to the tall figure who has his back on you, sat on the wheelchair. He must be weak enough to need a wheelchair.

Kim Jong In.

You hid yourself behind the door as hidden as possible to prevent him to see you. Then you received a phone call. It’s from him. You glad that you left your phone in the silent mode so he can’t hear the ringtone.

“Yeoboseyo” you answered.

“Hai, it’s me again”

“Oh, wae?”

“You don’t like me to call you? You still mad at me?”

“A little…”

You watch me from behind. You could see him started to looked frustrated.

“Eiiii, I did apologized to you, didn’t I?”

You went silent. You felt your eyes got burned from the tears that started to form.

“Ma Ha…”

“Hmmm…”

“What are you doing now?”

“Me, Watching TV” You lied.

“Ah, what’s show?”

“Variety show…”

“You like to watch that show too? Ah me too! Next time, let’s watch together.  Eottae?”

You swept your cheeck form tears, “Hmmm. Keurae”

“Assa!” He made a celebration hand motion. You smiled weakly.

“What about you? What are you doing now, Kim Jong In?” You asked, trying to bait.

“Me?”

You could see him a little bit surprised, “Ah, nothing. Just get some rest after practice my new choreo”

You close your eyes when he heard him lying. But you need to stay to keep pretend, “Ah, keurae? Cool then”

“Don’t you want to see my new move? It’s pretty awesome. I made some move for us too”

“For us?”

“Yeah, let’s dance together. Just the two of us under the moonlight”

“Moonlight?”

“Hmmm. That would be very romantic. I’ll show you the move tomorrow”

‘Kim Jong In, why are you had to force yourself? What do I meant to you? Please, don’t be ignorance about your own health”

You scold him inside while your eyes watch him playing with his wheelchair. Another word from the manager flasehd inside your head.

‘I won’t give up. Actually we have a good news, tomorrow we are going to talked about using the implant kidney instead the real one. I know it’s expensive and if he agree, we have to take him to America. The percentage of success is higher than the surgery’

“Ma Ha, I’ll pick you up tomorrow and-“

“No! Not…tomorrow” You cut him off.

“Wae? Do you have another plan?”

“Yeah. I have to go to my relation house for a week. Let’s not meet each other. Just do your things”

“But I’m free. I have no schedule I-“

“Just do what I say! I’m busy,, arasseo!”

“Ok, fine. Don’t be mad again”

“I’m not…mad” you gulped hard. Forced yourself to not burst out crying. “Just do your things, you’re an important person out there. Please don’t wandering around and do your performance and stuff. And be carefull”

“Ma Ha, are you….worrying about me?”

“Yes, stupid”

“Really?” He sounded excited and from where you stood you could see him standing up right away. You close your mouth, prevent the wimping sound come out.

“Ah…finally. We really have each other now”

“Are you that happy?”

“Of course but however I’m going to miss you for the whole week. You take care of yourself too”

“Arasseo…”

“Hei, will you miss me too?”

You watched his back. “I will”

 You smiled at him from behind, watch his side of face gaining a smile after heard your answer.

 

To Be Continued….

[A/N] Hai, it’s pretty long time I’m not update but here it is, another chap guys. I hope you like it. It might sound pretty weird because why is it changed from comedy to dramatic. Well I guess I just want to put another kind of mood into it. But it won’t end in dramatic  way I promise^^

Agh! it's already 2 AM here.

Need go to sleep