Part 3

~ It Started with One Dollar ~

You were staring at him in such a puzzled look.

‘What the hell is he talking about? Me? Be his girlfriend for real? I’ve never heard any weird random confession like this’

“Excuse me, Kai-ssi. Are you interesting in me so you making such a stupid bet like that?”

Kai looked at you and step closer, “Isn’t that obvious?”

You got a bit taken back.

‘Does he having too much confident or somehow love to prank on some stranger?’  You couldn’t reply him, you just stood in front of him in super confused.

“Chua. Let’s compete then. You have to keep your promise to tell everyone that you just being stupid and losing your mind”

“Deal” Kai extended his hand, invite you to do a hand shake.

You looked at his hand, you hesitated at first but then you welcomed his hand. But you forgot one thing, you are dealing with a bad boy Kai, so instead of do hand shake, he pulled you closer to him. His hands were around your waist.

“Ya- let go of me!” You beat his chest hard but he doesn’t even wince in pain.

“Give me your number” He whispered.

“What? What number?”

“Phone, idiot”

“Eish, I didn’t appreciate you calling me idiot. Who do you think you are?”

“Oh, you prefer me to call you….love?”

“What? Just call me by my name, you stupid jerk. And get off”

“Phone number!, palli!”

“Allright, allright. You are so intimidating!” You stomped your feet, “I won’t say it twice. Keep it in mind! Onetenzeroonetwothreefoureightnineten!” You said the number fast in one breath. You smiled as you saw a confused expression on his face.

“Are you kidding me?” He perked his lips then grabbed your phone from the back pocket jeans. You screamed as he touched your buts.

“YAAAARGHHHHHH!” You screamed at the top of your lungs again, the screamed got double echo so it came out pretty loud.

“Be quite!” Kai hushed at you and then pushed his numbers on your phone then make call to his phone with yours. “Here! I’ll tell the place and time later. I’ll give you time to prepare, so you won’t humiliated yourself”

“Mwo?” You scoffed.

“Oh, you’re not leaving? You can go! Ahh, so you want to stay here longer?” Kai said, crossing his feet on the sofa and smirked at you.

“Yah! You’re the one who kidnap me here. You should the one who take me back home. That is a real gentleman”

“I don’t have mood to take you home. Go home by yourself”

“What? Ya! Don’t you feel any guilt to me? Shows some respect, Nappun jashi-ga!”

“Well, I guess you could  stay here”

“I don’t want to stay here any longer with you. I would end up kill myself because of your arrogant act”

“Yeah, I heard that a lot”

“I’M OUT AT HERE! DON’T EVER CALL ME OR TEXT ME EXCEPT TO INFORM ABOUT THE BATTLE!”

You walked out from the building with dragging your backpack with you. When you just about o out from the area you heard your phone ringing. You almost want to throw your phone away when you know whom the call came from.


“YA! I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME EXCEPT ABOUT THE BATTLE! ARE YOU DEAF OR SOMETHING?!”

“You are screaming like crazy. You must be ok. Continue your walk”

“I WILL!”  Then you hang up fast. You ruffled your hair then cursed him inside.

Just when you about to reach the bus shelter after twenty minutes of walking, you receive a phone call again.

“WHAT NOW!” Your screaming made people in the shelter turned their head on you. You just don’t care.

“Where are you?”

“AT THE BUS’ SHELTER. WHY?”

“Hei, don’t screaming so loud. Look how people staring at you”

“I DON’T CARE! I YOU- “, you felt a bit weird of what he just said. You looked around “Yah, where are you? Are you watching me somewhere? Don’t hide! SHOW YOURSELF”

“Tck, stop talking Ma Ha-ssi, the bus is coming”

You turned around to the street and saw people are getting on the bus, you were really sure that Kai is watching you somewhere. “Ya! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?”

“Aigoo, get on the bus now if you don’t want to missed it” Kai said

“Oh,wait!” You rushed to get in the bus before the door closed. From inside you still looked around to the outside of the window.

“Hello?” You focus the phone on your ear again but the other line is already dead. “Ige mwo ya?”

When took your seat then you looked out the window you saw someone stood by the side of the street. Kai is watching you gone with the bus. He smiled and waved at you. Then you receive a text.

‘Get home saved! Don’t wandering around at night. Love- Kai’

“Mwo, love-Kai, again?”

You felt irritated but then you found yourself created a bit smile on your lips.

‘So he watched me along the way. Make sure I’m safe, huh? If he can treat me nicely, then why he was always being so arrogant and annoying as well?’

Then you save his number in your phone and tape a name ID with ‘Arrogant dancing machine’

#             #             #

It’s been two days and you hasn’t received any inform massage from that stupid arrogant guy named, Kai. You were prepared for your battle, you really want to win, thought it’s your first time to do battle with someone, but you pretty confident, until that night you finally received the text.

 

‘ Same club like before. Today at 8 pm. Be there on time. Or else I win without any compromised’

You prepared yourself form the clothes then your music. You took bus to the club.

You walked inside then saw lots of people gathered around. You saw a man approached you.

“Lee Ma Ha-ssi, right?”

“Yes, I’m Lee Ma Ha, who are you ahjussi?”

“I’m Kim Jong- Eurh, Kai’s manager. Come with me”

He led you to the backstage where Kai is already waiting for you.

“Hello there” He smiled. You looked away.

“Are you ready for the battle?”

“I always am” You gave him your challenging look, though you admitted inside that you were a little bit nervous.

“Who will be the judge by the way?” You asked, a bit suspicious when you saw lots of his fans coming.

“You’re not using your fans to judge our battle right, coz that would be count as cheating”

“Don’t worry. The club owner and my CEO agency who will be the judge, trust me, they are neutral people, don’t take sides”

“Can I trust you?”

“Of, course”

“Well, excuse me for a while” Kai is gone to somewhere else leaving you alone with his manager.

“Euh, Ma Ha ssi, Can I ask you a favor?”

“Wae-yo?”

“Euh, could you…” He glared toward the direction which Kai has gone, “Could you just…let him win?”

“What? No way. I’ll win!”

“Don’t think about it seriously. He just being so childish”

“Yes, I know that he is childish person, but it doesn’t mean that I should let him win effortlessly”

“Please, Ma Ha-ssi…He shouldn’t-”

“Oi, Manager Lee, Mr. Jang wants you to meet him” a waiter called him. Manager Lee sighed and then he left you alone.

“The star and the Manager are the same. Why would I lose him? Stupid” You go to the direction of the restroom to do some refreshment.

But when you are about to get into the restroom, you saw someone stood not far from you. Bending down with one of his hand attached to the wall as if to support his body to stay up. You approached him then surprised that the guy is Kai.

His body is trembling like crazy, He was also sweating. Not the warm sweat but the cold sweat as if he hold a pain or something.

“K-kai-ssi. A-are you ok?” You looked to his pale face. He was panting and he kept bit his lower lip.

He looked at you but nothing came out from his mouth, just a rapid breathing.

“Ya, Kwaenchanha?”  You didn’t know what to do. He seems  really in the middle of pain.

“Hug” He whispered.

“What?”

“Would you..hug me?”

You stood there, silent.

“Hug me” he kept panting hard.

You blinked your eyes.

“Please…”

Then unconsciously, and without any second thought you brought yourself closer to him and hug him. You could felt how hard his body trembling. His body was cold, and he kept breathing in such a heavy way. He wrapped his arms around you, he burned deeper his face on your left shoulder. He held you tighter while he tried to catch his breath.

You went numb. So numb, that you can’t even feel your own body.

‘What is wrong with him?’

To Be Continue……

A/N : Another chap! I hope this one is good. Please tell me if it’s good or bad. Thank you for reading. Gomawo ^3^