Part 6

~ It Started with One Dollar ~

Driiiiiiiiiiiiiing!

The waker clock was ringing so loud beside your bed. You put your both hands on your ears. But as one thing flashed on your mind, you immediately opened your eyes in shocked.

“Ah, matta…today is the date” You watched the ceiling and started to thought about not coming to. Then your phone was ringing beside you. It’s from Kai. You sighed and shut your eyes together.

“Wae?”

“Morning…” his voice sounded so excited.

“Wae?” You asked in annoy.

“Morniiiiing”

“Ah, WAEEE!”

“MORNIIIIING!”

You rolled your eyes and face-palmed, you gave up and said “Hmmm. Morning”.

As he heard of your greeting he giggled, “Have a good sleep?”

“No. Because of you”

“Really? So you couldn’t sleep because you thought about me a lot, don’t you?”

You pulled away your phone from your ear and looked at it.

What the hell is he thinking? Well….it’s a little bit true, though. Omooo…what am I thinking?

“Why are you calling me in this early time? It’s annoying, you know”

“Aigoo, why can’t I call my girlfriend? I just call because I miss you, Ma Ha-ya”

You gulped hard.

He really said ‘I miss you’ as easy as he said he’s hungry. Does he think I’m an easy person?

“Are you crazy? We just met yesterday? Do you like me that much?” You scoffed to found your question might annoy him. But he answered you slightly.

“I do. So much”

Then you felt your heart beat fast again.

“Wae? Are you shocked?” he asked when he noticed your silence. “You’ll get used to it soon, coz I’ll saying it more often”

“M-mwo? Ya, stop talking nonsense!”

“Eishhh, why are you always like that? Well, aside of greeting, I want to remind you about our date, Ma Ha. Make sure you are there at ten sharp. If you late…well, you’ll get a punishment”

“Punishment? Is this some kind of army date or something?”

“Just be there! And makes sure you’re dress up in pretty” then he hung up.

“What? He is so annoying. Why he always demanding like that?” then you glared at your wardrobe. “Hmmm, what should I wear?” you put your index finger on your chin, but then you put it down “Why do I care. I’ll dress in whatever I want, Cih”

-------------<(O.O)> <(O.O)> <(O.O)>--------------

You looked at to your own reflection. You were just got off from bus and headed to the Lotte World, but when you were walking down the street you saw yourself in someone car’s door window. You were shocked of yourself about how you dressed.

You leaned your head to the right and examine your whole appearance. You couldn’t believe that you actually decided to wear some kind of mini dress. The dress is actually a present from your mom but you never wear it since you don’t really like dresses. But once your eyes on it, abandoned inside your closet, you decided to put it on and give it a chance. But since you are not a feminine one, you still have your old sneaker which surprisingly matched with the dress. You also let your messy hair loosen freely on your shoulder, you were didn’t notice that your hair is actually grew longer than the last time you noticed because you always have it on pony tail or messy bun. You also put your mom sun-block cream and BB cream on your face.

“Am I…looked weird?” You said to yourself, still leaning. You looked around and scratch your hair that actually didn’t feel itchy at all. “Why am I doing this?”.

When your eyes focused on the reflection again you gave your other view a smiled. “I never looked like this. I’m pretty….cute” You twirled your messy hair but then you pulled it hard. “Arghh, Why do I care? I’ve never being so critical about my look. What is wrong with me?” You shook your head then continued your walk.

Just when you were going to walk into the amusement park, you turned your head and looked around your back.

Where is he?

You checked the time. Nine fifty.

You thought maybe he is waiting inside but there is no Kai’s presence, not even his tip of nose. Your eyes went through the crowded tried to find him.  You stood beside the Hot Dog’s stand and waiting.

Ten fifteen, and Kai never showed up. You started to feel angry and annoyed. You stomped your feet and kept looking to the gate direction. But still no Kai.

“What? Does he prank on me? Playing on me? You’re the one who told me not to be late, and where are you now, Nappun nom!”

You kicked gravels and feel really stupid. Stupid enough for falling into Kai’s trap. Though you were feeling want to kick the trash can beside you, you were still there, waiting. Just in case he’ll come. If he’s not, then he’ll be the one who get her kick. You’ll make him regret for make fun of you and playing on you.

Ten half past and he still hasn’t come yet. You were bit your lower lip and thought about something else. You might cursed him inside but there is something else that bothering you. The pale face and trembling body of Kai flashed in your mind.

Did something happen to him? Like he was at the club?

But then you shrugged of the bad thought. Just when you shook your head your eyes stopped at the guy who bend down and his body trembling, his right hand hold a pole tightly to support his shaking body.

You gulped hard and walked closer. Is that him?

You steps are just few meters away from him and you open your mouth to called him but the guy turned his body and you stopped.

It’s not him.

You sighed in relief. Just when you finished sighing you messed up your hair, “Arghhhhh? What am I thinking? Arghhhh molla molla molla! Eishhhh!”

You walked fast to the ice cream’s stand and decided to buy ice cream to cold your boiling head for a while, you were walking fast in anger then suddenly you felt someone hugged you from behind. You had two cold-sweating hands around your shoulder.

Just when you tried to screamed there a voice said, “It’s me”

K-kai?

“It’s me. Don’t scream!” He was panting like crazy and you can felt his sweat on your neck. You tried to release yourself but again, he held you tight like he did before. The sound of his panting on your ears makes your heart starting to pound again. It’s getting faster when you noticed people are glaring at you two.

“Where have you been? Nappun-nom ah!” You elbowed his rib hard enough till he moan in pain.

“Mian, jinja mian. Sorry for making you waiting”

“Who’s waiting? I’m not waiting?”

“Really?”

“YES!” You jerked him back off and you finally could release yourself. You faced him and got a confused expression on your face as you saw how he looks like. His face was red like a red tomato and he kept panting so hard and a drop of sweat falling on his pelvis. But your mind got distracted by the word he said.

“Ohh, ippu nee. You’re cute” He smiled while his eyes are examined you from head to toe.

You felt like being watched, and your face was getting hotter.

“W-why are you panting like that? It wasn’t like you were running to get here!” You tried to changed the topic.

“I did” he smirked and swept the sweat on his chin.

 You looked away and thought ‘What? He ran to get here? Huh, it was maybe just another of his trick for me to not getting mad at him. Watch out, Kai!’

 “I got stuck in the traffic jam on the way here. I ran but I still late. I’m sorry”

Sorry? Does he really mean it?

You glared at him who starring at you with his red face and begging eyes. You blinked your eyes, “Y-ya! Don’t say sorry. You looked weird. Go get some drink!”

He straightened his body and his index finger pointed to something at his right. He smiled, “I want that”

You followed where his finger pointing at, when you figured it out that he pointed to a juice stand you raised your brows, “So? Go buy it”

“Buy it for me”

“MWO!” You screamed at him.

“Wae?”

“YA! How could you tell me to buy it for you? The guy is the one who should buy anything on the date!”

“Cih, you’re so cheap. Fine, I’ll buy it. Ka ja”

You gasped in shocked as he held your hand. “W-what’s with the hand?”

“Wae? We’re just holding hand, that’s what couple did on a date, don’t they?”

“C-couple?”

“Let’s go!”

He held your hand tight and led you walk to the juice stand. After bought two juices he led you to walk on the street while his eyes wandering the whole ride. He kept saying ‘let’s ride that’, ‘Let’s try that one’, ‘I want to try that’ and go on but you kept rejecting him and told him thousands of reason like told him that you were having a lots of phobias for not letting him to ride any game he wants. That was one of your punishments for him. He was buying every reason you told him but then he eventually got mad when you said that you have phobia of hearing people screaming when he asked you to ride the Conquistador, some kind of Viking ship that swings back and forth almost reach of the ceiling.

“How could possibly one person has so many phobias? You’ll be dead already!”

“Wae? I do” You lied, raised your shoulders.

“You lied” He stood in front of you.

“No” you avoided his eyes.

“Ya, we haven’t ride any game. We are here for nothing”

“Dunno, sorry”

“You lied, don’t you?”

“If you really want to do the rides, go by yourself!” You crossed your arms.

“No way. I want to go with you” He insisted

“I told you I can’t go to high places, crowded places, noisy places, dark places, wet places and hot places, and this place is consist of those kind of places. I can’t go anywhere. I’m sorry”

You raised your shoulders once again and you could see he got annoyed by your fake statement.

“Then why you came? Why don’t you say those things before, then we should go to other place instead”

“You are the one who decided. I can’t even say my opinion. Also, I thought I just came, walk around then go home”

“What? Walk around then go home? What kind of date is that?”

“Are you really wish for us to have a normal date? Are we having such a serious relationship? Cih?” You smirked and scoffed, but when you looked at him your smirk changed into an anxiety.

Kai was looking at you with his eyes that showed a disappointment and his face was….sad. He moved closer with eyes are still glued on yours.

“Don’t you remember? You were the one who give up on the battle and willing to becoming my girlfriend. I’m trying hard to make the battle as fair as possible, but you were the one who ended it like that, right? And I told you to not taking it back. So, is it my fault for taking seriously about us and want to have a proper date?”

You gulped hard and looked down away. His eyes were seems pointing a laser at you. You admitted it, that he got the point. You say it first, that you’ll be his girlfriend. Now a pang of guilt crept on your heart.

“A-ar-arasseo! Don’t look at me like that. You looked…scary” You step backward with your eyes still at the ground.

“It’s the very first time I come here” he back to sounded easy but still with his sad face.

“What? First time? Why?”

“Coz I don’t have someone to ask to come with”

“Don’t you have friends, family, you have Manager Lee”

“My friends are surrounding me because of my job and money, I can’t even called them friends. My family are far, somewhere to far for me to reach them”

“Are they living abroad or something?”

“No. Up there” He pointed to the ceiling.  You followed his fingers then you realized something. Another pang of guilt came on your chest.

“Ah, I’m sorry. I didn’t know that….”

“Manager Lee…..” he cut you off, “I never want to be near him aside for job, he nags too much” then he looked at you again, more intense. “You’re the only one, Lee Ma Ha. The only person that I want to be with at anytime and anywhere, is you”

You unconsciously looked right to his eyes. You were shocked that you can see his sincere through his eyes. You thought those kinds of words are only sweet words from those dramas, you never thought that you could hear someone actually really say it to you. For real. And the guy is Kai. The person that you thought is an arrogant creature who ever exist on earth. Then you felt something banging your chest from inside. Your heart. It started to pounded again. Really hard. You felt like almost had a heart attack.

What is this? What am I feel now?

“Well, then…I can do nothing since you have so many phobias. We still could go somewhere else. Why don’t we go to the cherry blossom park? Let’s go” Kai held your hand again but you didn’t move.

“Wae?” he turned around and looked at you.

“Let’s…” you gulped your saliva and gathered around some guts, “Let’s stay here. Do any rides you want. I’ll be fine”

You can saw his excited face as you finished your word. He smiled so wide and blinked rapidly like a kid who told that he would receive a present.

“Really?”

“Hmmm” You nodded slow.

He jumped and made a ‘yes’ movement, then he pecked your cheek. Your eyes widened open and went numb.

“Gomawo, Ma Ha. Don’t worry, If you feel scare you can grab on me tightly. KA JAAA!” He led you walk through the crowded. As you followed him behind you looked at his face and asked yourself inside;

Should I give him a chance? Should I?

 

To Be Continued……

[A/N] Omoo, I’m really sorry for the late update, I was too busy doing my other fan-girling, Watching dramas, marathon actually >,< While waiting for “The Heirs” to finish airing (I’m not the type to watching drama online due to the bad connection here at my house, I watch it when the DVD version is release ^^), I’m going to watch the new dramas that just finished airing. I already fnished four new dramas. Lots are waiting on my list kekekekeke.

I hope you guys like this one too, and the DATE is still going to continue on the next chap.

Please leave a comment. Thanks for reading. Gomawooooo XD XD XD