Part 1

~ It Started with One Dollar ~

You are alone. You look around the place that quite enough even the sound of the mosquitoes hissing  could be heard. You smile then you pull out your cell phone from your jacket pocket and push a song track. Your mood says that you want to do a full energy, that’s why you pick your most favorite song, Like I Love You by Justin Timberlake.

As the addicting guitar intro comes into your ear through the earphones, you nodding your head along the beat and you also mumble the narration lyric in the intro. You move your hips and your feet in the same times and made a walk-back dance. You do the wave movements for several times makes your slim-curved body waving like a real wave in the ocean.

“…….love me like I love you,”

You mumble the lyric and do your dance moves. You are combining your own choreography with the original one. The best part is where Justin doing his solo dance in the outro part in the Music Video. You do the same dance. ”

You really feel your body melt together with the music and the moves. You close your eyes and spin around, and when you open your eyes, you found an angry face staring at you intensely. You pull the ear phone from your ears and staring back at the old man in front of you.

“Oi, Haksaeng!” The old man says, pointing a light from his torch at you. He seems like a police patrol or something.

You block your eyes with your hand, “Wae-Yo Ahjussi?” you ask him back in annoy.

“What are you doing in this hour, jumping around like crazy?”

“Mwo –e-yo? Crazy? It’s called dancing, Ahjussi”

“Whatever it is, go home now!”

“Ye?!”

“GO.HOME.NOW! Palli! Jigeum!”

“I didn’t even make noises, see, I use my earphones”

“I know. It’s just not a good thing for a young girl like you wandering around like this. Your parents must be worry”

“I won’t make noises, I Promise. Please, let me stay here longer” You put your hands together and give him your puppy-like eyes.

“No Way. It’s not only danger for you but also this place is going to be close. No one allow coming here start right now. My friend and I are going to set the police line around here. So, palli chib-e kara!”

“Jebal yo, Ahjussi. It’s a perfect place for me to dance. Let me stay here for another ten minutes, ah no, just five minutes”

“Andwae! Ka!” the policeman pulls your hand and leads you to the main road. He let go of his hand and face you, “If you really like to dance so much, then go to Hongdae! It’s a perfect place for you, lots of people there who willing to watch you jumping around and they would even give you money. Isn’t that perfect, right?”

“Ye?!” You finally got irritate by the old man saying. You really hate to hear that. You dance not to earns some money but because you love it.

You glare at your watch. It’s almost midnight. You sight and adjust your backpack. Fine, you’ll go. You don’t have any interest to argue with an old man anyway.

You bow at the police officers and call a taxi.

#             #             #

“Omoo, It’s really crowd in here” You look around the place where you standing right now. You came to Hongdae, the art paradise. The place it’s definitely a perfect place to do some art. But you’re not street performer. You choose a place that might not to crowd and people are not so often to come by. To prevent people to do the thing you didn’t like, throwing money,  you write a note, more like a caution.

“I’M NOT A STREET PERFORMER WHO ASKS FOR MONEY. SO DON’T THROW ME ANY OF YOUR CENT. THANK YOU”

After you sure about the caution, you prepare yourself, like usual. You start to move your body and then you melt to the song again.

Then you see a guy with his jacket hoodie covering his head standing right in front of you. He looking at you with a smirk on his face, then he throws his one dollar to the ground and leave.

You stop. You look at him in disbelief.

 “Chogi-yo Hey!” You called him.

The tall guy turns his body, and gives you a ‘what?’ stare.

“Can you read?” you ask, try to sound as polite as possible.

The guy just looking at you, he didn’t answer.

“Can you read it?” You ask one more time and pointing to the note you have wrote.

“I can” he answers lightly.

“Then why you threw your money?”

“You don’t want it? I think you deserve it” then he leaves again. Just when you about to open your mouth to reply, he turns his body and smile, “That was pretty good moves. It’s y” then he really leaves.

He leaves you with wrinkles on your forehead. “What is that? y? Me?” You are a bit blush by the guy

‘s words but then you cover up your upper body with both of your hands. “Seolma?! Is he some kind of a ert? Omoo” You shake your head to keep yourself calm. Then your eyes are glued to the one dollar on the ground.

You are staring at it as if it could somehow talks to you. You bend down and pick the money. You fold it into two and put it into your pocket. “I’ll give it back if I meet him again. But will I meet him? Ah, molla!”

Then you make your steps away from that place.

#             #             #

You are still in Hongdae area in the next day morning and you are walking on the street while your eyes wandering around the place that makes you attracted. The CDs stores, the street snacks, the vintage clothing stores and also the trick art museum. On the left corner of the street there is something that caught your attention. Lot of people coming, and they are mostly girls. They are chuckling, giggling and whispering to each other while their eyes peek to the inside of a café.

You take some steps closer. From the door you also could see a long line full with teenagers and young girls. You also could see an eager expression on their faces. It looks like kind of fan signing. You wonder if there any celebrity inside. You are focung your eyes to the guy who sitting on the chair.

You are narrowing your eyes to see someone who seems familiar. His smile is. Then you walk inside to see him clearly.

“Oppa, gomawo” the girl who just receives his autographed-photo is jumping in excitement. 

“You’re welcome” the guy smiles.

You work your brain out. That voice is familiar too. You glance up your face to read the banner up to the ceiling. It says :

‘Fan Signing with the ‘Dancing Machine’ Kai’

“Dancing Machine?” You smirk and mumble to yourself. Then you have a though in your mind. You stand in the line and join the other fans. You just want to make sure if he was the guy who gave you the one dollar last night.

The line is pretty long, so it takes twenty minutes until you made to the front. You walk toward him in confident and also in curious.

“What’s your name?” He asks without looking up at you.

 You take out the one dollar from your pocket then put it on the table right under his eyes. He automatically gazes up and staring at you.

“Remember me?” You ask.

He smiles, “Owh, hello y”

As the word y come out from his mouth, you feel a chilling sensation on your neck, also the whole crowd are starting to whisper around and pointing at you with their gazes.

“You remember me don’t you?”

“Of course I remember you. Well, I was surprised to know that you actually my fan”

“I’m sorry but I’m not your fan. I’m here to give it back to you” You push the one dollar closer to him.

He looks at the money then at you. “Wow, so much of dignity”

“What?”

He didn’t say anything after that, he just take one of his photo and sign it. He took the one dollar and writes something on it. He extends the photo and also the money in front of you.

“Take it” he commands.

You raised your eyebrows.

“Take it” he repeats.

You have no choice but take the photo and the money back. You are getting irritated by him.

“Nice to meet you” he gives you his smiles again.

You didn’t move. You wish an apology from him or something. You never knew this guy would be so arrogant and cocky. You force to move away when the high-school student behind you shoving you away from him.  

You scoff and made your way out from the place.

“Dancing machine, huh?” You twirl up your lips while your eyes gazing at the Kai guy again.  You look at his photo which he had signed on it. You lean your head as you examine the photo. He is pretty good looking.  No wonder he has lots of fans. But you wonder was he really that good dancer, until people called him the ‘Dancing Machine’?

Then your shock parameter is getting higher as you read the note on the dollar.

‘Wait for me on the club at the end of the road at 8 pm. I want to apologize. Make sure you are there. Love, Kai’

“L-love Kai?” You closer the money to your eyes to make sure you didn’t misread it. You turn around and look at through the glass wall toward the guy who surprisingly, he is staring at you and smiles then winks at you. You quickly turn around and walk away.

“Micheosso!”

#             #             #

You glance at your watch. It’s 7.40 pm. You just came back from your relative’s house and wait for a bus to home. While waiting for it you keep biting your lower lip and have a deep thinking.

‘Should I come? I don’t like to go to club. It’s too crowded. But he said he wants to apologize.  But what if he lied? He just made fun of me. He did once and there a chance for him to do it again. Apologize…he wants to apologize. Yeah, I need that ‘I’m really sorry’ words come out from his mouth. Yeah, I should come. Let’s see what he really wants. I have nothing to lose, right?’

After the deep fighting with your thought you decide to go to the club. When you arrive you get another doubt in your heart. You finally get inside after show the guard your ID. You walk away from the dancing people. You really don’t like a club, though it’s a dancing club, you still didn’t like it. It’s too suffocating and stuffs. You prefer to dance in such an abandoned building or a rooftop which no one around.

You take a seat near the bartender. When the bartender asking you what you want to drink, you order orange juice which automatically made the bartender scoffing by the reason only he knows.

It’s eight pass ten. You starting to feel anxious and annoy in the same time. Eight pass fifteen. The Kai guy hasn’t show up his cocky face. You gulp the juice till it’s empty and glance at your watch again. Eight twenty.

That’s it.

You raise your body and adjust your backpack, ready to leave.

“I’m so stupid for buying his words. Darn you Kai!” You walk away through the crowd just when the light suddenly getting darker than before. You stop your track and look around in confused. Then a light went on the stage, shining on a tall guy who standing in such a cool poses. He wears a black fedora hat and a loose T-shirt.

“Woooohuuuuuwwww!” The crowds are starting to cheering and clapping. You are adjusting your eyes in the dark and trying to figure out who is the guy. You almost drop your backpack when you finally recognize him.

“K-kai?”

People gather around to the front stage. The girls are extending their hands to touch the guy under the spotlight. He raises his right hand and flicks his two fingers. That’s a cue which soon later there is a soft music came out.

(The back sound is ‘My Lady’ By EXO K)

She’s my ba…be’

“Woohuuuuu!”

Saehayan geu son geuttae yeah’

“Kaaaaaiiiii!”

‘Nuga beorin chocolate…’

“Oppa, saranghae!”

‘You walking into my door’

 

As he look up his head, he turn at your direction. You were shock and didn’t expect that he knows that you were there. He smiles and give you his winks again. Then he dance in full of expression and energy.

People are goes crazy as Kai moving his body here and there according to the melodic song. You gulp your saliva hard. It’s the first time you see him dancing. Now you feel really dumb as you think he was just a scumbag who tried to make fun of you, but he really came with different way of showing his presence. You now feel really anxious as you noticing that he actually glues his eyes on you while his body waving like crazy. Now you know why his nickname is ‘Dancing Machine’.

The music stop and he stop again. People clapping and try to reach him. But he just stood there, still eyes on you. Music start again.

(The back sound is ‘Girlfriend’ by N*Sync ft Nelly)

Strangely, he is just standing still as the intro playing. Then he made a surprise action. He jumps down from the stage. The crowd moving away like a sea cut in two as Kai walk through it. His eyes are still on you. You look around and find people’s eyes on you. You couldn’t avoid his dominant laser-eyes on you so you too end up staring at him.

Now he stood right before your eyes still with his sweet smile on you. He takes off his fedora hat and put it on your head. You are speechless and motionless.

“Hello” He whispers.

Then you felt an electricity sting your whole body as he hold your hand and lead you up the stage.

What is he doing?’ You wonder in your mind as both of you standing on the stage.  

Then he surprises you again by doing his dance. This time is more seductive than before. He starting to go around you and whispering the lyric of the song. He pulls you closer to him and looking right to your eyes. He smiling and wraps his hand around your waist.

“Come on, dance. I know you can do it. Play with me” he smirks with his hand still around your waist.

“M-wo? Play?” you tighten your jaws.

 So it’s just for a show?

He steps back away and holds your hands then he pull you closer to him again. You fall your head on his chest. You gaze up to see his face. Your face now right under his, the gap just by few inches. He was tall but he bends down in purpose to get closer his own face with yours.

“This is what you call apologize?” You ask him in a mix of anger and nervousness.

“No. But this one” , He pulls your waist and make you closer so you can even hear his heartbeat and also the soft, warm breath he blows upon your forehead. He leans his head to the right side of him and…Kiss you.

To Be Continue…

A/N: Annyeong. It’s my new story. Hello there, anitamahaexo. It’s your request here. I decided to set this as two shots story. You told me before your hobby is dancing so I came up with this idea. You also ask me to make Kai as bad boy, so I made him as a professional dancer who arrogant and do everything he wants. Please, please feel freely to tell me if you don’t like this plot. I could change it to another plot/story. Thanks again for the request. I bow at you as deep as possible. Apologize for my bad English writing. I’ll post the last chap tomorrow. Gomawo chinggu ^.^v