Baby Steps

Fly To EXOPLANET With Luhunnie || EXO Mini One Shot Collection

Baby Steps (ft. Yixing with mentions of Luhan)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

I take baby steps into the practice room with a sandwich and a bottle of water in my arms. Attempting to not capture his attention. He is moving through the music swiftly without missing a beat. His hair and shirt wet from the hard work. I love his concentrated expression while he dances. He was going to debut soon.
 

When I realize I should watch where I am going it was too late, I already ungainly tripped over his backpack strap. So much for letting him focus.
 

Yixing, soon to be Lay, stops in his position and quickly fixes his eyes on me. Not a second wasted, he approaches me as I pull myself up from the wooden ground.


“Are you okay?” He asks, most likely with a concerned face while I brush the imaginary dust off my clothes. I lightly nod my head not meeting his eyes.


When I notice our proximity is a little too close for my liking, I took a few steps back. I take a quick glance at him before allowing my eyes to quickly drift back to his shoes.


“It’s late. You didn’t eat yet. So here.” I shove the sandwich and water in his arms before bowing to notify my leave.


As I turn, Yixing grabs my arm with a firm yet gentle grip.


“Can you stay and eat with me?” He asks with a sincere smile that caused butterflies in my stomach. I regret landing my eyes on him. I press my lips together. How could I decline? I nod, unwillingly.


I don’t know when it started. The crush for the guy infront of me. Maybe it was when I accidentally walked into his practice and saw him dancing so passionately. Maybe it was when I saw him voluntarily help a pregnant lady with her groceries even when he spent all of last night perfecting his moves. Maybe it was when I saw him laughing at the lamest jokes that Luhan makes.


“Are you sure you are okay?” His voice that snap me out of my thoughts. I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks and with another nod, I take my spot next to Yixing.


“Here.” Yixing hands me half of the sandwich with a grin. He who is sitting casually with his back against the mirror, his eyes sparkling and little beads of sweat now visible on his forehead because of the shortened distance.


“Thanks.” I meekly utter and take a tiny bite of only the bread.


“I should be the one who should be grateful. Thank you for the food that you bring on multiple occasions. Luhan says he is going to start practicing at late nights just so girls can bring him food too” Yixing laughs. “I’m thankful that you stay here with me when you could be in the dorms sleeping.”


A thought suddenly intrudes my brain. S-should I confess now? Not long after, my mind reasoned, but he is going to debut and a relationship will only hinder his career and mine.


I unconsciously shake my head at the thoughts which captures his attention and he says my name to bring my back to reality once again. Upon hearing my name, my eyes meets his soft ones. My name slips from his lips again.


“Hm?”  


His hands slowly travels to caress my pinked cheeks. I flinch and lean away from his hands. Yixing’s lips slightly curve upwards but it didn’t reach his eyes.

“Your eyes are so hard to read.” His words are barely audible. “Can’t you come a little closer and see my feelings?”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So Long time no really update~ Cause it's Luhan's B-day, I decided to write something (although not about Luhan but Luhan is mentioned). Also because someone new subbed and I was like "Oh right... I have this story." LOL... Anyway, I'm sorry this story may not come to par to the others ones because I slightly pushed myself to write instead of genuinely wanting to write. I'm not sure if you'll notice but some are better than others. At least in my point of view. But overall, not edited... Hoped you enjoy~ Inspired by the picture above and Baby Steps by TaeTiSeo. Feedback is not mandatory but it is loved~ <3

150420

Happy birthday to Luhan and Hitler and Miranda Kerr. Not to forget, happy Weed Day.