Story of My First Love

Fly To EXOPLANET With Luhunnie || EXO Mini One Shot Collection

Story of My First Love (ft. Kai)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Who knew...

- - - - -

“Kim Jongin, can you give me the answer to question number 4?” Ms. Song called my deskmate whose mind was somewhere else. Probably in dreamland. Literally.
“Kim Jongin.” Ms. Song said, more harsh this time.
I sigh and gave Jongin a nudge. “Jongin”, I whispered, hoping to wake him up. Now the entire class’ attention was on us. Without warning, Jongin jumped up, “THE ANSWER TO ONE PLUS ONE IS TWO.”
With that, the entire class bursted into laughter. Ms. Song shook her head and continued her class. This was not the first time Jongin had drifted to sleep in class.

The bell rang signaling that the school day was over. As I packed my supplies, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

“Here’s today’s notes.” I handed Jongin the extra copy. Like I said, this wasn’t the first time he fell asleep in class. Instead of having him borrow my notes home every day, writing another copy of notes is much easier and it became a habit.
“Thanks. I owe you a lot.” Jongin awkwardly smiles as he fixes the hair on the back of his head. He looked like he was going to say something but he held it in.
“Welp,” I shrugged, “ don’t forget about me when you become famous.” I gave him a playful wink before heading home. That day, I heard him mubble something as I walked away.


- - - - -

“Kim Jongin.”
“He isn’t here today.” I replied to Ms. Song who was calling the attendance.
It has been weeks since Jongin came to school. The notes I wrote for him is piling up and I don’t know what to do about it. I messaged him multiple times but it seems like he had changed his phone number.
In the middle of the class that day, my phone vibrated. Being a good student, I have never took out my phone during class before; But this time, something in my guts told me this message was very important.

From: unknown number
Meet me at the playground at the park


My brows knitted together. Who could this be?Could it be Jongin?
Without another thought I raised my hand and excused myself from class by saying I have a headache and wished to go to the nurse’s office.
The playground came into sight but I didn’t see the one I was hoping to see. Before I could turn around myself, someone took my hand and we started running.
“Kim Jongin, why the hell are you skipping class and getting me to skip class with you?” I felt sudden rage upraise in my chest.
“Just be quiet and look.” He smiled, his eyes wandered around us.

Since when we stop here? I didn’t bother with that question. Cherry blossoms surrounded us caught my attention. Tons of cherry blossoms.
“I have something to tell you.” Jongin took my hand in his.
“Are you finally debuting? Is that why you were gone for so long?” I asked.
He nodded. I was going to congratulate him when he added, “it isn’t about that though.”
“Oh my god, is it a solo debut then?”
“Not about that either.”
“You better not forget about me after you debut.” I laughed.
“I am a hundred percent sure that I won’t forget about you anytime soon because I like you.”
I stopped. My heart stopped. What?

“W-What?”
“Are you that clueless? I like you. I have feelings for you. Do you understand now?” Jongin’s eyes looked so sincere.
“But you’re going to debut. You should be focusing on your dance.”
“How can I focus on dance when I can’t stop thinking about you. If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t even be going to that school to sleep. I have a bed at home for me to sleep in.”
“But I like you as a friend.”
The sharp pain in the chest followed. “Oh, you better get back to class then. I’ll be back after I debut. Please keep taking notes for me?”
“Yea, sure.”
That day ended like that.

- - - - -

Sometimes, we give responses we didn’t mean to give. That wasn’t our intention. It just came out. Should we be given another chance?

- - - - -

I know I shouldn’t have done it but I wrote messages in the notes for Jongin. I hoped he would read it. That way he’ll know my true feelings. I guess he never did because I didn’t heard much from him afterwards.


And that was the story of my first love.

- - - - -

Years later, I decided to visit that place with cherry blossoms after a breakup. A familiar figure was walking in front of me. “Kim Jongin?”

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Have you ever done this before? Missed an opportunity because you said something wrong?

This imagine was inspired by the picture of Kai above. I just thought of his pre-debut days where he fell asleep in class. And incorperated a little of my feelings into the story. Hope you enjoy!!
Also, thank you for subbing ~ ♥

150326