I'll Miss You

Freyja's Love Journey

One morning, Freyja is busy baking some delicious chocolate crinkles when Kibum came. Kibum sat on the stool facing Freyja who is busy covering the chocolate crinkles with the powdered sugar.

“What’s up?” she said.

“I have something to tell you.” He said.

“What?” she asks.

“There was a talent scout that wanted me to become an artist in their company.” He said.

“Really? What is the name of the company?” she asks.

“SM Entertainment.” He said. “It’s in South Korea.”

“South Korea? Do auntie and uncle know this?” she asks.

“Not yet. You’re the first person I told about it.” He said.

“I see… If you’re going to be their artist, then you need to be trained by them.” She said. “And since it is in South Korea, you need to go there.”

“Right.” He said.

“Then, what’s the problem? Don’t you want to be an artist?” she asks.

“I like too. It will make me earn money.” He said.

“Good. Tell it to auntie and uncle, I’m sure that they will happy about it.” She said.

“But if I will be their artist, it means that you will not gonna see me often.” He said.

“I know that but this is your chance to be famous. Once you got famous, I will be your first fan.” She said.

Kibum smiled. “Thanks, Freyja.”

Freyja just smiled.

……………………………………………………….

That night before Freyja sleeps, she is looking at her picture with Kibum in her handphone.

The truth is, Freyja is really happy about Kibum being an artist in South Korea but something on her heart that isn’t happy. Although she already has many friends in school, she and Kibum are always together and it will be lonely once Kibum leaves.

“I will miss you.” She said while staring at Kibum in the picture.

……………………………………………………….

Time has passed. Days have passed.

Freyja is now a 2nd year college student. It’s been 4 years since she saw Kibum. She met a lot of new friends but there is no special person to be her best friend. She really misses Kibum although sometimes Kibum calls her and sometimes send her letters.

“Kibum, how are you? When are you going back here?” she asks while staring at the sky.

“Freyja, you’re talking to your imaginary friend again.” Loki said.

Loki is her partner as lifeguards at the resort. They both apply for a part-time job that summer.

“Don’t talk to me.” She said.

“Do you miss Kibum?” he asks.

“Shut up.” She said.

“Come on! We’re friends. Kaibigan. Chingu.” Loki said.

He’s right. They are friends. They become friends when they became classmate in college.

“Ok. If you’re really my friend, bring back Kibum here.” She said.

“Eh?!” he was surprised. “Oh look! Someone’s drowning.” He said and quickly left.

No one is really drowning. Loki just wants to escape.

“Stupid!” she shouts.

……………………………………………………….

After her shift, she went home. She’s on their gate now when Sei Hee called her.

“What? You look nervous.” She said.

“Your mom.” Sei Hee said.

“What’s wrong? Did something happen to my mom?” she asks.

“She had an accident.” Sei Hee said.

“What accident?” she asks.

“S-She saved a girl from a fast car. She was hit by a car!” Sei Hee said.

Freyja’s eyes widened and wasn’t able to move for a while.

“Let’s go.” Sei Hee said and pulls her.

……………………………………………………….

Freyja’s mom is dead on arrival in the hospital. Freyja was still shock. She is still can’t believe it. She remembered their last conversation that morning.

They are having their breakfast when Mayura, Freyja’s mom, asked something.

“Freyja, what if you try to find your dad?” Mayura asks.

“What kind of question is that? Why would I find dad?” she asks.

“What if I am not here anymore? Someone must take care of you.” Mayura said.

“Mom, I can take care of myself now.” She said.

“But…”

“Mom, stop talking nonsense. We’ve been together since I was still in your belly. You’re the only one I need and nothing more.” She said.

She hugs her mom. “I love you, mom.”

“I love you too, Freyja.” Mayura said.

Freyja didn’t control her tears and cried.

Mrs. Kim hugs her.

……………………………………………………….

After the burial, Freyja starts packing the things of her mom and puts it in the attic. While doing that, she saw an old picture of a man and a woman. She knew the woman and that is her mom but she didn’t know the guy. When she checks on the back of the picture, something is written there.

Freyja, my daughter…

I know that once you found this it means that I am no longer with you. You’re a strong girl and I know that you can live alone but I have only one last wish and that is to find your father. Find him and I’m sure that he will take care of you. He loves you so much that he left us for our safety.

Freyja didn’t notice that she is already crying. All along she hated her father but now she understands why her mother never forgets to love her dad.

“I’ll find dad.” She said.


Last Edited: March 20, 2014