Formula 3: Music Fest - Mind presence = Baozi

Eqn: You+me = LOVE


 

"Hello, Luhan-ssi" Luhan heart stopped at the smiling persona of his one and only school crush, Kim Minseok. Kim Minseok, or Xiumin as known, sat calmly at the comfortable couch while sipping his tea elegantly. Luhan felt like an idiot as he politely greeted the smiling rank S student in a robotic manner. "You're assigned as Hangeng-seonsaengnim's student?" Luhan nodded furiously. His voice unable to come out from his mouth. Minseok offered him the greatest killing move, his chuckle. 

"Umm--" Luhan tried clearing his voice in a fail attempt to erase the shakiness of his tone. "A-a-are you his s-student too?" Minseok chuckled at the stuttering transferee in front of him. He shook his head as an answer to the previous inquiry of the chinese doe eyed man. 

"I'm Heechul-seonsaengim's student. He's away as of the moment so Hangeng-seonsaengnim is currently my proxy adviser. We'll probably see each other a lot" Luhan smiled at the thought. Though Minseok's presence made him stutter and nervous but there was the sudden rush of wamth and comfortable aura everytime he is around. The addicting music that everything is on slow motion, Luhan just can't resist. The door quietly opened as the smiling chinese teacher entered the room briskly. Both the students stood up and bowed politely. Hangeng smiled satisfactorily at his students. Luhan and Hangeng met two weeks ago which was a day after Luhan transfered at the school and three hours after he embarassed himself in front of Kris. The student-teacher combo were a match made in heaven as they both share same passion on same interest and coaching Luhan was made easier for Hangeng.

"Hello, Luhan" Hangeng greeted the chinese student amicably and eyed at the smiling Minseok before he greeted "Greetings, Xiumin" Luhan and Xiumin synchronized in their greetings of Good morning making Hangeng smile. "It seems both of you are acquianted. Now, for the reason I call both of you" Hangeng laid out a poster. It says SM Music Fest with jittery drawings of notes, clefs, and trebles giving the disco aura on the paper. Minseok nodded knowingly while Luhan had a confused look. Hangeng sighed at the transferee. "For the next month, the school is organizing a Music festival and as all events in the school are done, rank A and S are mandatory to enter. Therefore, you both are chosen as in-charge of leading your year level's performance." Luhan stared at his teacher agaped. He just transfered and suddenly big burdens on his shoulder. Minseok placed his index fingers on his lips cutely making Luhan pinch his right tigh to supress the squeal forming in his mouth. Minseok's furrowed brows as he contemplated with his decision whether to accept or reject the activity made Luhan winced at its adorable beauty that he forgot the mess he is in. 

"I don't see any problem with it, well, except of course if Luhan-ssi would prefer not to" Luhan once again shook his head. He wants more time with the walking baozi. Wait. What? Baozi? Well, Kim Minseok had that chubbby adorable cheeks that made him look younger and pale white complexion like not a single ray harmed his skin. Luhan nodded mentally at the similarities. Baozi. It fits perfectly. Hangeng almost let out a laugh at Luhan's obvious crush in Minseok which the older was naively blind about. "Shall we discuss it later then, Luhan-ssi?" Minseok stoop up as he glanced at his silver wristwatch telling him that the time is nearing for his next appointment, shared rank class. Minseok handed a silver key to Luhan and said "Give that to Kris and tell him to bring the whole rank A along. He'll know what to do" Minseok eyed the teacher who was standing near the bookshelves where his next lesson reference book is placed. "Good day, Hangeng-seonsaengnim, Luhan-ssi"

"Good day too, Minseok-ssi" Luhan flushed at the bright smile and wink Minseok left before he exited the room. Hangeng let out a laugh as soon as the footsteps died down. Luhan mentally cursed himself. 


The fresh aroma of the blooming cherry blossoms and the swirling pink around the path to what appears Minseok's personal studio located at the rank S district which later Luhan found out to be called Blackpearl. Luhan was walking alone as he was late due to some pointers and references his personal teacher gave him before he left the rank A boundaries. On his silent long walk where he nearly lost his way twice, Luhan smiled inwardly as the student president appeared on his vision walking calmly with a shorter man who appears to be his secretary of some sort. 

"PRESIDENT!" The SM high executive comittee head halted on his tracks as he heard the loud desperate scream of the chinese transferee. Luhan caught up to him after running his hardest. "I-I" Luhan's words were drowned in a series of pant as he has been walking for a whole hour now. The school president smiled at the ragged figure of the chinese lad. 

"Take your time, Luhan" Joonmyeon comforted making Luhan smile gratefully at the president. He inhaled strongly making the shorter man chuckle. Luhan stared at the wide eyed with plump rosy lips. Somehow the boy reminded him of Minseok but he was sure Minseok was cuter. For him, that is. He exhaled loudly making both his companion smile at him. 

"I'm heading to Minseok-ssi's studio. I don't know where to go" 

"Good timing. We are on our way to Xiumin's studio. I am Do Kyungsoo, by the way. Pleasure to meet you, Luhan-ssi. I heard a lot of positive rumours about you" the shorter man introduced and Luhan offered him a polite bow before an embarassed chuckle came out of his mouth. 

"Hello, Kyungsoo-ssi." Luhan felt odd with the formalities. It was never been his forte. Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon chuckled at Luhan's expression. 

"Please call me  D.o or Kyungsoo as everyone calls me such" Luhan brightened at the idea. 

"Then please call me Luhan" 

"Then shall we walk together to the studio?" Luhan nodded and walked next to Kyungsoo. 

"I'd offer a thanks if you walk beside Joonmyeon" Kyungsoo pouted making Joonmyeon and Luhan cackle. Kyungsoo's lack of height was certainly showing with Luhan and Joonmyeon walking on each of his sight. He sighed. 


Luhan gaped at dancing duo who occupied the room with their overflowing stage presence. The charismatic, precise, and elegant movements of every joints and proportion of their bodies made Luhan unable to close his mouth. Luhan danced. True. But never the way Kim Jongin and Zhang Yi xing dance. The dancers have a comfortable confident smile plastered on their lips as they moved their bodies to the music in a synchronized and neat choreography. Luhan was captivated by the dance. As soon as the music died down, claps greeted the dancers and Luhan clapped agressively. Too hard that his hands were red. 

"As good as always, Jongin-ah, Yi xing" Minseok praised and both the dancers smiled satisfactorily at each other before echanging a high five. Kim Jonging, the tanned boy with charismatic strong stares, sent his attention to Luhan and swiftly took the black street cap covering his untamed black manes before he did a gentlemanly curtsy making Yi xing, the chinese dancer with an obvious dimple, grin. 

"Hello, Luhan-ssi. Nice to meet you. My name is Kim Jongin and everyone calls me Kai" Luhan blushed and nodded making the olive-skinned dancer wink. 

"Flirt all you want, Jongin. After you perfected singing" Luhan moved his head to the fuming Kyungsoo's direction. Jongin blew a kiss on the shorter guy who just glared at the laughing Jongin before he replied "No need to get jelly, Soo. Your my one and only" Yi xing walked towards Joonmyeon who passed a clean white towel to the lean chinese dancer and whispered nice job. Kyungsoo glared deadly ice glares at the young dancer. "Yeah, yeah. Flatter yourself, lover boy" Kyungsoo stared at Jongdae who was chatting with another boy their age with a really thick eyeline and appears to be very attractive with it. 

"Would you like to try singing for us, Kyungsoo?" Minseok smiled knowingly. Kyungsoo nodded and asked if he could do it with Baekhyun who agreed to the idea. "Okay"

"Can we join in too?" Chanyeol stated pulling Joonmyeon along with him. 

"Sure, Yeollie" Chanyeol smiled while Joonmyeon detached himself from the giants strong tug and sighed. "Do you need someone to play the instruments?" 

"No, hyung. We're going acapella" Kyungsoo, Chen and Baekhyun chorused making Chanyeol and Joonmyeon nod in agreement. Luhan anticipated the music. He knew Jongdae is a good singer, he heard him sing but the latter would dismiss his praises saying he should listen to the rank S sing. 

Deoneun mangseoriji ma jebal nae simjangeul geodueo ga
Geurae nalkaroulsurok joha dalbit jochado nuneul gameun bam

Baekhyun started the song perfectly as his voice soothes the room. Byun Baekhyun is a fantastic singer and Luhan smiled at that. Though feeling a little discomfort and envious of how angelic the notes from Baekhyun's mouth sounds, Luhan was becoming one with the song. 

Na anin dareun namjayeotdamyeon huigeuk anui han gujeorieotdeoramyeon
Neoui geu saranggwa bakkun sangcheo modu taewobeoryeo

Kyungsoo was no pushover either. Luhan's ears gave him mellow chills at the perfect delivery of the song and how enticing and enchanting Kyungsoo's voice sound. 


Baby dont cry tonight eodumi geochigo namyeon
Baby dont cry tonight eobseotdeon iri doel geoya
Mulgeopumi doeneun geoseun nega aniya kkeutnae mollaya haetdeon
So baby dont cry cry nae sarangi neol jikil teni

Luhan felt goosebumps all over his body. The chorus and synchronicity of voices was heavenly. It was like a sound spun by an angel's hand as he play the golden lyre. It was magic how the sad love song became his own story. 


Ojik seororeul hyanghaeinneun unmyeongeul jugo bada
Eotgallil su bakke eomneun geu mankeum deo saranghaesseumeul nan ara

Suho's voice was not as grand as Baekhyun and Kyungsoo's but it was the perfect voice to match with both. It was like the cone to the street ice cream or the stick to the popstickle. It was a voice that is needed in their to make it whole. To make it absolute and perfect. 
When you smile, sun shines 

Eoneoran teuren chae mot dameul challan

On mame pado chyeo 

Buseojyeo naerijanha oh


Baby dont cry tonight pokpungi morachineun bam [Baekhyun}(u~ haneuri muneojil deut)
Baby dont cry tonight jogeumeun eoullijanha
Nunmulboda challanhi bitnaneun I sungan neoreul bonaeya haetdeon
So baby dont cry cry nae sarangi gieokdoel teni


Eodukeomkeomhan gotongui geuneul wi ibyeorui munteoge naega muchamhi
Neomeojyeodo geumajeodo neol wihaeseoramyeon gamdanghal teni
Uh, daesin nareul julge birok nal moreuneun neoege
Don't cry, tteugeoun nunmulbodan chadichan useumeul boyeojwo baby, 


Say no more (baby) no more (don't cry)
Jebal mangseorijineun marajwo mulgeopumi doel geu challa
Say no more
(baby) no more (don't cry)
Nunbusin sarameuro nameul su itge charari geu kallo nal taewojwo

Luhan awed at the revelation that his melodramatic and often smiling giant of a friend is actually a rapper, and a very awesome one to boot. He heard Kris and Tao chuckle  from his side while Jongdae smiled at the performance satisfactorily. 

Ne nun soge gadeuk cha oreuneun dalbit woo~


Sori eobsi gotong soge heulleo neomchineun I bam


Baby dont cry tonight eodumi geochigo namyeon
Baby dont cry tonight eobseotdeon iri doel geoya
Mulgeopumi doeneun geoseun nega aniya kkeutnae mollaya haetdeon
So baby dont cry cry nae sarangi neol jikil teni


Ireun haessari noga naerinda
Neoreul darmeun nunbusimi naerinda


Gireul irheun nae nuneun ijeya cry cry cry

Luhan once again clapped at the wonderful display of talents. Minseok eyed Kris who grimaced making the former chuckle in amusement. 

"No. We won't." Sehun dismissed the silent conversation Kris and Xiumin exchange. "I should have danced along with Kai and Lay" The two dancers resting across the room laughed at his complain. 

"I told you to get yer arse out but you didn't" Jongin boomed making Sehun groan. 

"I ain't gonna do that stupid dance with the stupid song" Sehun strongly announced making Kris tap his shoulders knowingly and both earned a deadly glare from the chinese panda lookalike who was fuming in rage. 

"What's wrong with the song?" He screamed making Sehun and Kris cover their ears before they roll their eyes at the same time. 

"Its a stupid song about a stpid fox. AND WHO CARES WHAT THE FOX SAYS?" Kris exclamed meeting Tao's furious glare. Chuckles from the students inside the studio were silently restrained even the clueless Luhan get the clue. Minseok cleared his throat while trying to stiffle a chuckle inside his puffy cheeks which Luhan really wanna pinch right now and smoother it with kisses. Luhan blushed at his thought and sighed. He really needs to tone down the raging hormonal issue. His thoughts were interrupted by the voice that send warm chills in his backbone. 

"Luhan-ssi, would you like to sing?" There was no moment in Luhan's life that was more nerve-wracking than this. Eleven curious eyes landed at him with expectant look and a single pair of sleek large eyes whose owner he so wanna impress made it harder to quickly move on with the strong force draining his strength, nervousness. 

"I don't know what to sing" Luhan admitted as he shifted afraid of seeing disappointment in Minseok's eyes. He close his eyes as childhood memories plague his brain. Loser. Such a loser. The words chanted inside his mine only to be distracted by the soft sound of the piano. He opened his pools and saw Minseok playing the piano with Jongdae standing near him. He let the music sweep away the negative thoughts in his mind. 

This is the end

Hold your breath and count to ten

Feel the earth move and then
Hear my heart burst again

For this is the end
I've drowned and dreamt this moment
So overdue I owe them
Swept away, I'm stolen

Let the sky fall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together

Let the sky fall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together
At skyfall
That skyfall

Skyfall is where we start
A thousand miles and poles apart
Where worlds collide and days are dark
You may have my number, you can take my name
But you'll never have my heart

Let the sky fall (let the sky fall)
When it crumbles (when it crumbles)
We will stand tall (we will stand tall)
Face it all together

Let the sky fall (let the sky fall)
When it crumbles (when it crumbles)
We will stand tall (we will stand tall)
Face it all together
At skyfall

[2x:]
(Let the sky fall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall)

Where you go I go
What you see I see
I know I'd never be me
Without the security
Of your loving arms
Keeping me from harm
Put your hand in my hand
And we'll stand

Let the sky fall (let the sky fall)
When it crumbles (when it crumbles)
We will stand tall (we will stand tall)
Face it all together

Let the sky fall (let the sky fall)
When it crumbles (when it crumbles)
We will stand tall (we will stand tall)
Face it all together
At skyfall

Let the sky fall
We will stand tall
At skyfall
Oh

The whole group clapped at the purely wonderful amazement performed in their presence. Jongdae's voice and Minseok's piano works so well. Luhan was jealous of the closeness both the performers shared during the performance. The exchanged eye contact and reassuring smiles they pass to each other made Luhan boil. He sighed. Recollecting childhood memories earlier made him remember of a song he loved. He stood up catching the group's attention and smiled weakly. 

"Can I sing?" Minseok nodded with a smile. Luhan slowly trotted to the other side of the room where an acoustic guitar was placed securely on the guitar stand. He took it and placed the slings over his body. He walk towards the center slowly strumming before. He closed his eyes. Let it all be. He felt everything coming at once. Luhan left everything to the music boiling inside him. 
 

I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath
Scared to rock the boat and make a mess
So I sat quietly, agreed politely
I guess that I forgot I had a choice
I let you push me past the breaking point
I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything

You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder gonna shake the ground
You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)
Get ready cause I’ve had enough
I see it all, I see it now

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You’re gonna hear me roar

Now I’m floating like a butterfly
Stinging like a bee I earned my stripes
I went from zero, to my own hero

You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder gonna shake the ground
You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)
Get ready ’cause I’ve had enough
I see it all, I see it now

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You'll hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You're gonna hear me roar...

Ro-oar, ro-oar, ro-oar, ro-oar, ro-oar

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You'll hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You're gonna hear me roar...

 

Luhan was greeted by a warm applause and wolfwhistles. Minseok grinned at him and he felt proud of himself. Luhan loved singing but it was his hobby like how soccer was to him. It never occured to him that it'll be one of the reason he'll be praise rather than his organized brain that picks out details and place it into mathematical formula. Or as a geek who answer text book answers his professors love. Luhan felt giddy when Minseok said "You're voice is really beautiful, Luhan"

"Is it me or do I smell us winning the music fest against the third years?" Baekhyun announced merrily as he winked towards Luhan's direction which the latter replied with an approving grin. Luhan feels really comfortable around his new friends. 

"Let's do our best, Luhan" Minseok extended his right hand which Luhan gladly took and shake. 

"Of course, baozi!" Oh ! Luhan quickly covered his mouth while Xiumin tilted his head. Tao, Kris, and Yi xing burst laughing at the happening. Oh damn it all. Luhan sighed. He really need to get things right. 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: sorry for the song spams. I'm into that mood. Anyways as to the songs above, you can listen to the covers below which gave me the brightest idea of the day. Imagine Chen's voice for skyfall and Luhan's voice for Roar, you can change the pitch if ya want. I'm giggling by myself, sorry~

Skyfall : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_o9onjE1vI

Roar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diW6X97bJiI

 

Happy reading~ Please post anything that's on your mind. Thanks and love you~